Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think TNA needs to stop worrying about a juggernaut like WWE, they will never match their ratings in 2012. They need to realize that the majority of their audience is comprised of smart marks, when they get that and a-holes like Bischoff stop talking down to these people, then they can turn things around. There is a reason ROH, Chikara, and DGUSA are living off DVD'S and shitty internet streams, smart marks will pay for good wrestling even in this economy. TNA should focus on wiping the indies out and raiding their talent, so smarks HAVE to come to them for good wrestling. Simple storylines and great wrestling, it's not rocket science.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
a solution would be to stop making stupid wcw mistakes. i love tna. best wrestling goin right now imo with roode, storm, angle, daniels, aries, ray. but they are under utilizing way too many people and giving undeserved spots to others. joe, kash, pope, just a few of the wrestlers that should be used better or even at all.

they push robbie e and rob terry because they think having a jersey shore character will bring in money. WRONG!! WRONG! if some1 new to watching wrestling were to see these douches on tv, they would turn away. that is a wwe mindset right there and thats not what tna needs.

brooke hogan, garrett bishcoff? more undeserved money and wastes of space. guys like mcmg should be getting the money and time these turds are getting, but again this is some wcw shit where hogan, dixie, creative, whoever thinks that this crap will bring in ratings and it wont.

and i agree about getting indy talent. there is way better talent out there then some in tna. they should get the briscoes, generico, bring back petey, get truth martini who could get any1 over. but they dont want to do that either, theyd rather sign mediocre indy talent like gunner and alex silva insted of bringing in guys who could draw for them. the briscoes could be the biggest draw for tna if they were to sign them.

the x division is dead, i made a thread about it the other day on what they should do with it, but thats just imo and something that wont happen. same with the tag division. they have kaz and daniels and the robbies, yea get some friggin teams.

·
Leaving em MESMERMIZED!!
2,897 Posts
a solution would be to stop making stupid wcw mistakes. i love tna. best wrestling goin right now imo with roode, storm, angle, daniels, aries, ray. but they are under utilizing way too many people and giving undeserved spots to others. joe, kash, pope, just a few of the wrestlers that should be used better or even at all.

they push robbie e and rob terry because they think having a jersey shore character will bring in money. WRONG!! WRONG! if some1 new to watching wrestling were to see these douches on tv, they would turn away. that is a wwe mindset right there and thats not what tna needs.

brooke hogan, garrett bishcoff? more undeserved money and wastes of space. guys like mcmg should be getting the money and time these turds are getting, but again this is some wcw shit where hogan, dixie, creative, whoever thinks that this crap will bring in ratings and it wont.

and i agree about getting indy talent. there is way better talent out there then some in tna. they should get the briscoes, generico, bring back petey, get truth martini who could get any1 over. but they dont want to do that either, theyd rather sign mediocre indy talent like gunner and alex silva insted of bringing in guys who could draw for them. the briscoes could be the biggest draw for tna if they were to sign them.

the x division is dead, i made a thread about it the other day on what they should do with it, but thats just imo and something that wont happen. same with the tag division. they have kaz and daniels and the robbies, yea get some friggin teams.
agreed 100000%

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
they just dont seem to give a shit about anything other then the main event scene and former wwe guys.

they should refresh their roster. cut the dead weight and bring in great indy talent.

and x and tag divisions are easy fixes.

have guys like aj, hardy, and joe fight for the x division title. it will mean something again. and lose the joke of a tv title.

aries vs aj
joe vs hardy

matches like that could steal the show and make the x division title important again.

sign a team or 2 from the indys (briscoes and tmdk would be signings) build kaz and daniels as a team. also make daniels the fallen angel again. he has no character now other then being the guy who is jealous of aj. make him and kaz darker characters and u have something good with them. make some makeshift teams too. 1s that make sense.

southern trendkill(kid kash and gunner) both from the south and kash could carry gunner in the team and maybe make him better

house of truth (crimson and pope) bring truth martini in to manage them along with aj and u have another good team.

and reform the british invasion.

6 good teams right there even with the loss of mcmg.

dont mean to be rantin, but just some stuff in tna is pissin me off right now.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
1) MCMG should get the time garrett and brooke had?
Sure, so sabin should wrestle in a wheel chair during lethal lockdown and get one segment with dixie carter about the KO's.

2) NEVER is the history of this company so many "original" talent like storm, roode, aj, aries, daniels, kaz, crimson, magnus, etc had so much importance on the show.

3) The overpushed WWE rejects are:
- RVD, did the job to roode and now gets rejected in the tv title scene.
- Hardy, currently teaming up with d-von against the robbies.
- Angle, did the job to storm and is in the up midcard with styles feuding with daniels/kaz.

4) Good luck in stealing the briscoes... it's not like wrestling promotions should respect each other and stuff.
Just go someplace and get all their talent, TNA must be loving losing the MCMG right now.

Oh and the solution? keep doing what you have been doing since BFG and ignore the IWC weekly overacting.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
1) MCMG should get the time garrett and brooke had?
Sure, so sabin should wrestle in a wheel chair during lethal lockdown and get one segment with dixie carter about the KO's.

2) NEVER is the history of this company so many "original" talent like storm, roode, aj, aries, daniels, kaz, crimson, magnus, etc had so much importance on the show.

3) The overpushed WWE rejects are:
- RVD, did the job to roode and now gets rejected in the tv title scene.
- Hardy, currently teaming up with d-von against the robbies.
- Angle, did the job to storm and is in the up midcard with styles feuding with daniels/kaz.

4) Good luck in stealing the briscoes... it's not like wrestling promotions should respect each other and stuff.
Just go someplace and get all their talent, TNA must be loving losing the MCMG right now.

Oh and the solution? keep doing what you have been doing since BFG and ignore the IWC weekly overacting.
1. im not saying mcmg should be used in their spots, they should have been used insted of them. insted of having a stupid non entertaing fued between the robbies and devon/garrett, they could have a real tag team fued. like mcmg vs my idea of a team(gunner and kid kash) could be on slammy insted of that shit match. and insted of having a dumbass segment with brooke and dixe, why couldnt the ko's just have a match?

2.i didnt say original talent wasnt important, even said roode,storm, aj, daniels, angle, aries is what was making impact good.

3. i said tna only seem to care about the main event scene and wwe stars. shoot hardy, rvd, anderson were who u were able to vote for in the tv title match. oh and robbie e like any1 would vote for his dumbass. why not joe or magnus in 1 of their spots.

4. tna could sign the briscoes if they wanted. most roh contracts arent guaranteed money like wwe would give u. wwe sign roh talent every few months(danielson, black, kow) while they were under contract. but like i said tna dont seem to want to sign top indy talent and settle for guys like silva and gunner.

i know ur a big tna fan, i am too, but u dont need to defend everything they do.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
TNA's best bet is buying out ROH.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
TNA's best bet is buying out ROH.
id like to see that, but i wouldnt want to see the roh brand die. they could have tna wrestling company with the impact wrestling brand and ring of honor brand. dont know if spike would want 2 wrestling shows on their channel tho.

but shoot, they dont wanna spend money to sign a talent or 2 from their, so doubt they'll spend money on the whole company.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
The solution? The solution would be just being TNA again and not "Impact Wrestling"-shit. All the ideas you propose don't fit into the company's direction of using as less talent as possible. Why should they sign new talent when they won't use it anyway?

Cut the dead weight? This is what they're doing right now with the MCMG and the ones to follow who will also be talent that appeals to real TNA fans. They won't cut the Robbies or Garett since they are the future of this business, brother.

That Aries, Styles, Bully Ray, Daniels, Storm, Roode and Kaz are great is no secret. They always were, but also they always had important spots before the "Impact Wrestling"-regime. Are they Prichard/Bischoff-creations? No. Is there anything good besides them on the recent programming? No. Well, Gail Kim would but she just gets pointless 1 on 1 feuds against Brooke, Velvet and Madison, so the Knockouts suck, too.

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
Another what should TNA do thread.

Stop trying to be a reality tv show.

Stop worrying about the WWE.

Stop fighting the obvious.

Stop making dumb decisions.

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
This is where I say "No shit," and point to my sig.

TNA is a company that could have been, but wasn't. Not only that, most of the major mistakes they made were painfully obvious that they were bad ideas.
TNA really should stop trying to be the WWE, because since anyone can watch the WWE, so why the hell would anyone invest in a significantly weaker clone? TNA needs to be TNA. If it were to close tomorrow, virtually no one would remember it within 3 years.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
DO what got TNA there buzz don't compete with WWE be the alternative
Have a womens div a x division and tag division that mean something
tna are tryin new things. ofn, trying to have a little reality show feel, which is good they tryin new things. but as far as them caring about the kos, x, and tag division, unfortunately they dont give a fuck bout it.

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
I know focusing on the X division won't bring in the RATINGZZZZZZZZZZ but I guaranteed you it would make more people buy ppvs,dvds and go to the LIVE shows. TNA can do a ppv, X division theme or World X cup theme and it will be the most successful ppv of the year for TNA. You know why? Because people is confident they will get an awesome show. Tts been 7 years since TNA gave a damn about the X division. The one thing that made people give a damn about the company is left for dead.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
its amazing to me that what brought tna to the dance so to speak , meaning the great wrestling and the x division is exactly what this company is missing right now . yet, dixie " dumbass " carter and the other schmucks running tna cant seem to figure that out...

tna was successful back in 2005-06 because of how exciting the wrestling was , especially the x divison. so what do they do after they start gaining momentum as a company ? they go in a whole nother direction and start bringning ex-wwe guys to try to become wwe- lite and compete with wwe. that right there was the biggest mistake tna ever made.

after all the years of bringing in older established names who did nothing for the company except for a select few, tna finally realizes they need to do something different. so they bring in hogan/bischoff for reasons only god knows.

of course , hogan/bischoff have no fucking clue what their doing and the show was a mess in 2010 and 2011. now, this year has def been better but thats prob due to pritchard. but anyway, the ratings keep on falling so once again the answer for what tna needs to do is staring right in front of their faces and that is to go back to what made them successful in the 1st place and that is the x divison being the center of the company and the awesome wrestling that comes with it .

but of course, that would just be too easy. instead the x divison continues to lose 1 wrestler after another and recently it has lost nese, shelley and more then likely sabin . now, the " geniuses" up in tna with no answers left are going to " pull back the curtain " and expose the whole wrestling business for all to see, thinking that will draw some ratings.

this whole " insider" talk of "characters, gimmicks,getting over " is going to flop so badly . its so stupid it prob came from hogan who convinced dixie " dumbass" carter that its going to raise the bar brother !

anyway, im going on a tangent but im just angry at how tna just continues to make mistakes over and over again. instead of going back to what made them successful , their killing its former identity and making this company into one of bischoffs reality television shows .

its not just the x divison that tna needs to fix. the tag division, womans division are all shells of what they used to be. the storylines are ok but they could be alot better. the reality talk has got 2 stop asap.

and most importantly, the part that alarms me the most is whats going on with the talent. pritchard has done a decent job with creative but as far as talent relations he has just done as poor of a job as dixie has done running tna , and thats pretty damn bad.

theres so much talent in tna but so many guys are either at home doing nothing ( pope, doug williams, zema ion, mcmg b4 shelley left ) or are being underutilized ( gunner ,magnus ,joe, morgan ) . then you have the issue that all this talent is leaving or on the verge of leaving and who is tna bringing in ? brooke hogan, garrett bichoff, alex silva...wtf ?

all the guys who have had tryouts like tmdk, joey ryan, cliff compton, steven walters couldnt get signed but these losers did ? on top of that, how does creative have the robbies and garrett bischoff involced on tv and ppv as much as they are but cant find places for some of the names i mentioned above ?

this whole thing is a mess IMO. the people in charge of which talents get used, which get signed, which get released, who sits at home are obviously incompetent and if someone doesnt replace them the talent roster is going to look like shit in a year from now compared to what it used to be

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
this whole " insider" talk of "characters, gimmicks,getting over " is going to flop so badly . its so stupid it prob came from hogan who convinced dixie " dumbass" carter that its going to raise the bar brother !
You know... that entire idea...

That is, without a doubt, 100% pure Russo-like writing.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
of course , hogan/bischoff have no fucking clue what their doing and the show was a mess in 2010 and 2011. now, this year has def been better but thats prob due to pritchard.
Holy shit, no! This guy is responsible for the lame ass booking with like two storylines in total that go on for like forever without no real progression and the other talent doing exactly nothing. The better episodes of 2012 were when Lagana was in charge as Brother Love was recovering from his heart attack.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
I think TNA needs to stop worrying about a juggernaut like WWE, they will never match their ratings in 2012. They need to realize that the majority of their audience is comprised of smart marks, when they get that and a-holes like Bischoff stop talking down to these people, then they can turn things around. There is a reason ROH, Chikara, and DGUSA are living off DVD'S and shitty internet streams, smart marks will pay for good wrestling even in this economy. TNA should focus on wiping the indies out and raiding their talent, so smarks HAVE to come to them for good wrestling. Simple storylines and great wrestling, it's not rocket science.

you can only corner the market so much until you go up aginst the likes of AAA ASW NJPW CMLL all of which have fanbases almost as stubborn as the CeNation

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.