Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Drew McIntyre has a running single leg dropkick as a finisher and I kinda get annoyed at that when they just give the imported independent or Japanese traveled wrestlers this finisher in NXT. It was Hideo Itami's finisher until they let him use the GTS and it just felt kinda lackluster. I've even seen Roderick Strong do it really early on, my goodness, he has several backbreakers, he could have used any of them until finding the right finisher.

I know Ambrose does Dirty Deeds, but I'd be okay with Drew going back to the Future Shock DDT.

It's actually more of an NXT-specific problem with the finisher choices in that regard than the main roster and it's a bit of an anti-climax spot in a match with the imported established talent in NXT. Aleister Black has a roundhouse kick that I can buy more, because it looks sick. I'd literally rather watch a generic DDT, a swing neckbreaker, anything but that lame jump single leg kick that looks like a transitional move in the indies that I've seen traded back and forth to set up bigger moves.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Didn't he use it in TNA anyway? Claymore or whatever it was called

He did it in the E before he got released anyway but in the latter stages of TNA it was his finisher

·
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't he use it in TNA anyway? Claymore or whatever it was called

He did it in the E before he got released anyway but in the latter stages of TNA it was his finisher
It's bad timing because in NXT's environment, it just kinda sucks to end your matches with. I hope he just follows suit and can find something better to use to win with at a TakeOver.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,490 Posts
I think its a great finisher, he always makes it look sick and the fans always react to it when he hits it. I mean he looked like he killed Lorcan with it.

I would also like to see him start using the Iron Maiden as his 2nd finisher, i mean when Kurt Angle taps to a submission that submission should be pretty over.

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
I don't think it's a good finisher either and almost the same as the one Daria/Sonya is using, but Drew does it much better.

It's not a bad move but I just don't think it looks good enough for him.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,144 Posts
Roddy used the sick kick well before WWE and McIntyre was using it well before his return as the Claymore.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I think it's underwhelming as a finish, but at least with Drew the guy is like 250 lbs so it looks like it has impact.

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
So is the Canadian using the Edge-cution.

One of their Raw main eventers don't even have real finish. Most have uninspired finish. the Claymore's not the worst example even in NXT, but that's WWE

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
I think it looks good, he really puts his all into it and it fits his stiff style.

I would like to seehim use the Futureshock in big matches, he does it a hell of a lot better than Ambrose's version and it looks different enough IMO.

Reactions: SAMCRO

·
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Really!? So y'all like the jump kick!? It's like playing Mortal Kombat and watching someone do a jump kick instead of a fatality at the end.

The second half of this video video is literally what I think of when I see people do a jumping running one leg kick.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
I dunno, when Drew used it on Lorcan it looked like Lorcan had legit died.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Ok, Drew McIntyre has a running single leg dropkick as a finisher and I kinda get annoyed at that when they just give the imported independent or Japanese traveled wrestlers this finisher in NXT. It was Hideo Itami's finisher until they let him use the GTS and it just felt kinda lackluster. I've even seen Roderick Strong do it really early on, my goodness, he has several backbreakers, he could have used any of them until finding the right finisher.

I know Ambrose does Dirty Deeds, but I'd be okay with Drew going back to the Future Shock DDT.

It's actually more of an NXT-specific problem with the finisher choices in that regard than the main roster and it's a bit of an anti-climax spot in a match with the imported established talent in NXT. Aleister Black has a roundhouse kick that I can buy more, because it looks sick. I'd literally rather watch a generic DDT, a swing neckbreaker, anything but that lame jump single leg kick that looks like a transitional move in the indies that I've seen traded back and forth to set up bigger moves.
Firstly, Black uses a spinning heel kick not a round house kick.

Secondly, Itami uses a running knee, not the singl legged dropkick.

Thirdly, I actually quite like the move. Like people said it looks like it has impact. Drew is big enough and ggod enough with the move that when he gives it he looks like he is giving them a flying kick to his opponents jaw. And Roddy does it with more pace which makes up for his size. But if anyone should have a change of finisher, its Roddy. Might I suggest a suplex into a backbreaker?

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Really!? So y'all like the jump kick!? It's like playing Mortal Kombat and watching someone do a jump kick instead of a fatality at the end.

The second half of this video video is literally what I think of when I see people do a jumping running one leg kick.

[YOUTUBE]oZtlXX8C7Q[/YOUTUBE]
Actually no horrible comparison mate. You try inagining a 260 pound man running full speed at you and aiming his leg squarely for your jaw. Your Mortal Kombat conparison was horrible because last I checked no wresyler here can do a fatality.

Reactions: SAMCRO

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
I dunno, when Drew used it on Lorcan it looked like Lorcan had legit died.
He should use the finisher in your sig. That would be perfect for him. Does anyone in the WWE do that?

·
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Actually no horrible comparison mate. You try inagining a 260 pound man running full speed at you and aiming his leg squarely for your jaw. Your Mortal Kombat conparison was horrible because last I checked no wresyler here can do a fatality.
This looks like a Fatality to me done by a Wrestler.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts

Well if you watched Japanese wrestling you'd realize that their finishers never work the first time anyway, so why bother giving them something that makes them look weak?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts