Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The crowd reaction and personally seeing him return, made me think wow, this guy should have had more titles, imagine the waste of having Khali or even Edge having too many titles when this guy could of held the gold more :(

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
If there was any time for him to win it, he should've beaten Triple H at WrestleMania XIX.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
If there was any time for him to win it, he should've beaten Triple H at WrestleMania XIX.
yeah he should have won that match but sadly it was at a time when HHH was steamrolling everyone .

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
The reception he got on Smackdown was somewhat sad, though. I shed a little tear when the vacuum effect came to the rescue. It's the fricken bookerman, people. BOOKERMAN!

·
Really?
184 Posts
Booker had a good run in the WWE, maybe didn't wear the strap enough but it's not like he never won the world title at all, he also had US title reigns aswell, I thought he was well utilised for the most part.

I mean, he's lucky his name isn't Christian.

·
Registered
919 Posts
He sounds like he's more focused on being a legit commentator than a wrestling personality.
It would be good to see him balance both, without going to far either way.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
He was born in the wrong era. If he was 30 right now, he'd be the most talented guy in WWE. But in his day, there were so many other guys, he got lost in the shuffle a bit. Still broke the glass ceiling and got his title reign, though.

Sad thing is, I when I was a kid I didn't realize how good he was. I thought he was cool, but that King Booker gimmick made him look like a joke at the time. Now seeing King Sheamus, I seriously miss King Booker.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Its sad, but like sting famously said, the reason Booker has so few Reigns compared to how talented he is, is simply he was in the wrong company. as THE top guy they managed to keep after the takeover of WCW, he was one of the first group of guys from WCW to basically be deemed worse than the WWE guys. Its not his fault it happened, and it says a lot about how good he is that he managed to come back and win a world title after that.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
It was cool to have the T man sticking around on commentary.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Booker might not have been the top man for long in the WWE but his matches with Benoit over the US title back in 2006 were amazing and showed both talents off well. I can't imagine there being a best of anything kind of series for the US/IC title now!

I'm still marking over his entrance at the Rumble too, CAN YOU DIG IT SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
He was born in the wrong era. If he was 30 right now, he'd be the most talented guy in WWE. But in his day, there were so many other guys, he got lost in the shuffle a bit. Still broke the glass ceiling and got his title reign, though.

Sad thing is, I when I was a kid I didn't realize how good he was. I thought he was cool, but that King Booker gimmick made him look like a joke at the time. Now seeing King Sheamus, I seriously miss King Booker.
Same here, I didn't realize how good he was and I took him for granted when I was a kid. I think he has some work to do on commentary though, but hey you gotta learn somewhere.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
No joke. Someone a guy of his stature should've gotten much more than 6 World Title reigns, and only one of those was with WWE.

If WCW had stayed afloat and in its top competing position, imagine where he'd be now in terms of status.

·
Here To Show The World.
2,335 Posts
It is cool to have him back and maybe he should of won more titles but man his commentary was awful, the worst I have heard in a long long time, Striker was way better.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
He may not be the best commentator now, but he will surely get better as he goes, he was always great on the mic.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Personally, i dont think it will be long before he has a little fued with someone like Swagger. A feud with Booker will be exactly what Swagger needs to get him back into title contention IMO.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts