Wrestling Forum banner

1841 - 1857 of 1857 Posts

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,597 Posts
That was such a great promo from Seth Rollins :banderas2:

At this point, I'm definitely not kidding when I say that Rollins is criminally underrated on the mic.

Even MVP praised Rollins' promo on Twitter:

Seth's been cutting good promos since his heel turn, but nothing like that. That was one where someone gets a true opportunity to knock it out of the park, and he did it.
Honestly, that promo did a good job in making me want to root for Kevin Owens to win at Wrestlemania 36 :LOL:

Did you see Owens's face toward the end of that promo when Rollins was going off about having Wrestlemania moments? I felt bad for the guy, especially when Rollins pointed out that Owens had no Wrestlemania moments (outside of that one where he beat Chris Jericho for the United States title at Wrestlemania 33, but that got excluded understandably since Jericho is in AEW now :p ). That pretty much just tells you that Rollins is doing really well as a heel, and that Owens is a sympathetic babyface!

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to Owens vs Rollins next week. Hopefully, it'll be a really good match :)

For the record, I love how Rollins always manages to include a line about him acting/being godlike in his promos nowadays, which makes sense since he's the Messiah after all ;)

Plus, someone else pointed out the slight callback to Triple H's promo to Seth Rollins in June 2015 about the "pressure being on" (moments before Brock Lesnar returned to be his mystery opponent for his WWEWHC title) with Rollins's following line: "Because under pressure, I BECOME a god."

I thought that was a pretty cool (indirect) reference :)

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,844
That was such a great promo from Seth Rollins :banderas2:

At this point, I'm definitely not kidding when I say that Rollins is criminally underrated on the mic.

Honestly, that promo did a good job in making me want to root for Kevin Owens to win at Wrestlemania 36 :LOL:

Did you see Owens's face toward the end of that promo when Rollins was going off about having Wrestlemania moments? I felt bad for the guy, especially when Rollins pointed out that Owens had no Wrestlemania moments (outside of that one where he beat Chris Jericho for the United States title at Wrestlemania 33, but that got excluded understandably since Jericho is in AEW now :p ). That pretty much just tells you that Rollins is doing really well as a heel, and that Owens is a sympathetic babyface!

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to Owens vs Rollins next week. Hopefully, it'll be a really good match :)

For the record, I love how Rollins always manages to include a line about him acting/being godlike in his promos nowadays, which makes sense since he's the Messiah after all ;)

Plus, someone else pointed out the slight callback to Triple H's promo to Seth Rollins in June 2015 about the "pressure being on" (moments before Brock Lesnar returned to be his mystery opponent for his WWEWHC title) with Rollins's following line: "Because under pressure, I BECOME a god."

I thought that was a pretty cool (indirect) reference :)
That's a good call. Never thought of the call-back to the Triple H feud promo. This promo from this week was so great on so many different levels.

I love the work Seth's done since turning heel late last year. He's done the best work of his career and has been the most interesting character in the company since. It's awesome to see. I'm looking forward to who he feuds with next after WM.

·
51,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,845
FYI: Seth was on some WWE Network show called 'The Bump' today and someone asked him about his gear for this upcoming WM, and he said, "It's a bit of a tribute."

Hmmm. I wonder to who the tribute is to. Looking forward to seeing what it is. I love how he changes his gear and keeps his look fresh all throughout the year every year.

·
51,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,846
I wonder if the 'tribute' gear that Seth is wearing at WM is gonna be about HBK. In his promo, he was talking about how many WM moments he's had, and no one has more WM moments than HBK, who we all know was Seth's favorite wrestler growing up. It kind of makes sense.

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
1,864 Posts
I wonder if the 'tribute' gear that Seth is wearing at WM is gonna be about HBK. In his promo, he was talking about how many WM moments he's had, and no one has more WM moments than HBK, who we all know was Seth's favorite wrestler growing up. It kind of makes sense.
Man the black/silver color combination comes to mind since he’s heel. It would be cool to see a tip of the hat to something like that. I know you’d mark the truck out if he’s tipping the hat to Michaels...

I love how as soon as Shawn kicked into high gear on his heel run, and gaining that dx momentum in October 97, Michaels primarily started using his black color combo attires for his ring gear, of course he would still mix things up with sporting the two reds in 98... but still a nice touch. Great move by a heel...

·
51,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,848
Man the black/silver color combination comes to mind since he’s heel. It would be cool to see a tip of the hat to something like that. I know you’d mark the truck out if he’s tipping the hat to Michaels...

I love how as soon as Shawn kicked into high gear on his heel run, and gaining that dx momentum in October 97, Michaels primarily started using his black color combo attires for his ring gear, of course he would still mix things up with sporting the two reds in 98... but still a nice touch. Great move by a heel...
That would be cool. Black and siliver is one of my favorite color combos. Come to think of it, Seth's new gear with 'Monday Night Messiah' on it is already black and silver:

I'm really looking forward to the match with KO and his gear. Both should be excellent! Kudos to Seth for breathing more life into the feud this week with that great promo he cut, too.

·
51,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,849
5 years ago tonight, Seth cashed in at WM 31 and stole the show, and saved it! This was such a wonderful night.

I remember the Friday before WM 31, I hadn't yet subbed to the WWE Network in the whole year it had existed since the previous WM. I was thinking about purchasing WM 31 on PPV, but it was too expensive and I really did not think Seth was gonna cash in. But for some reason, the Friday before WM 31, I subbed to the Network (before it was free) so I could watch WM 31 for alot cheaper and to see Seth/Orton.

Well, thank GOD I subbed to the Network so I could see Seth cash in. When his music hit, I knew he was gonna cash in successfully. After he did, I remember being the happiest when it came to wrestling that I had been in YEARS. The crowd popped so loud and ate it up. It was truly a shocking and GREAT moment that everyone was into. Crazy to think it was already a half-decade ago. I've been subbed to the WWE Network since and don't regret a single cent I've paid.

Listen to the pop at the 3:26 mark of the video when Seth's music hits. Magical. I love how this video has a different camera view than the normal one we always get:

·
51,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,850
I feel bad for any wrestler in a title match this weekend at WM. This is the worst feel for a WM ever. It doesn't even feel like WM. Very happy Seth got his title shot (and win) at last year's WM with a big crowd and filled stadium. Anyone in a 'big' match this year is really getting the short end of the stick. I feel bad for them. This is certainly not the WM to be front and center of.

·
51,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,851
GREAT match for Seth tonight. Along with the Ladder match, easily the MOTN. Wrong guy won, though. Seth carried this feud from start to finish, and KO did literally nothing memorable during the build at all. Loved Seth's gear, for some reason white gear just agrees with him. Loved the trash-talking. Loved that there were no kicked out of finishers, too. No hokey shit, either. This and the Ladder Match stole the first night.

·
51,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,854
Seth posted this yesterday morning on his Twitter. Pretty cool to see Seth moving up and up the upper echelon of the business more and more every year, and especially these handful of months since he turned and has gotten nothing but universal praise. Anyway, really good message here:

·
51,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,855
Lance Storm put over Seth today on Twitter calling him the 'bravest man I know' for not moving out of the way on the Owens elbow:

This match and both guys are getting universal praise since last night. I love it. The true talent come out when they have to work in an empty building with no fans to play off, but rise to the occasion and get nothing but praise for their performances. This is fantastic. I'm so happy for Seth. He deserves this after the last several months. Good for him.

·
Registered
22,930 Posts
Rollins and Owens had a Mania caliber match last night. Like, they could have done this same exact match in a stadium full of people and it would have fit. Great performance by both men.

Only sad part is we'll never get to see KO dive off the pirate ship onto Seth. Now that would have been a Mania moment.

·
51,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,857
I liked what I saw tonight. This is story-telling. Like, I think it was obvious that Seth was gonna be angry. But I don't think any of us knew it was gonna be THIS kind of angry. Good story-telling and I think it's going somewhere that's good for Seth. I see him getting booked to be much more aggressive and violent in the future as a result of his new found anger.

1841 - 1857 of 1857 Posts