Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fuck was last night ever depressing. Two future legends, Kevin Owens and AJ Styles, stuck in the midcard fighting over a secondary title when they were both in the main event a year ago. Meanwhile in the actual main event, you've got a roided up jobber as champ and an asshole who refuses to reliquinsh his main event spot and is already reducing his number of house shows despite only being 37 and always being gone for half the year anyways. Orton/Mahal should be for the U.S. title and Styles/Owens should be in the WWE title picture. Fuck this company.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Stating the obvious. That's why it's called Crapdown.

·
14,795 Posts
Fuck was last night ever depressing. Two future legends, Kevin Owens and AJ Styles, stuck in the midcard fighting over a secondary title when they were both in the main event a year ago. Meanwhile in the actual main event, you've got a roided up jobber as champ and an asshole who refuses to reliquinsh his main event spot and is already reducing his number of house shows despite only being 37 and always being gone for half the year anyways. Orton/Mahal should be for the U.S. title and Styles/Owens should be in the WWE title picture. Fuck this company.
Praising styles while crapping on a guy whose roughly the same age as styles. Don't you like your talents young? And styles is definitely a future legend but Owens as much as I love him still has a long way to go.

And it's a good thing styles is in the midcard. You need the top of the card to be rotational to prevent audience burnout duh

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,533 Posts
AJ Styles and Kevin Owens haven't really been downgraded.

They're hot upper-midcard acts that opened and closed last night's Smackdown episode. They'll eventually make it back up the main event scene again.

Until then, Styles and Owens are helping out build interest to the US title scene.

·
Premium Member
17,720 Posts
I don't understand your grievances. Being the WWE champ doesn't define your status in a wrestling promotion. There are tons of famous wrestlers who were never champ, never had a championship match, or were champ for a very short time, all that are entertaining and famous.

If style and Owens are performing well and drawing in viewers to their segments, WWE doesn't have to "give them the WWE title". That's the idea that the best person deserves the title and that the title is the single, only defining award for hard work. It's not. You can have people in the ME with the title, and you can have people fighting over the US title. Both equally entertaining and being featured as much.

It's your fault for defining the WWE title as the only symbol of achievement in WWE. Not WWE.

·
Read Only
258 Posts
Where does John Cena fit into all this?

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
I think the thread should be "the downgrade of the WWE title". Styles and Owens are still a main focus on SD, they main event most of the tv and house shows, I think Jinder has only main evented once or twice since becoming champion two months ago

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
AJ Styles and Kevin Owens haven't really been downgraded.

They're hot upper-midcard acts that opened and closed last night's Smackdown episode. They'll eventually make it back up the main event scene again.

Until then, Styles and Owens are helping out build interest to the US title scene.
feuds been surprisingly heatless though i expected better

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Guys like Styles and Owens fighting for the us title sometimes is fine, Jericho was the best on RAW last year and he was fighting for the US championship. The problem is that the WWE champion is a talentless piece of garbage

Reactions: SUPA HOT FIRE.

·
Madness is the emergency exit
2,826 Posts
When the first segment was ending and I saw the 4 guys in the ring; Styles, Owens, Rusev, and Cena, I thought "this is who should be the top guys that the world title rotates around on". You could of course add a few guys to move in and out of the main event scene. But Wyatt, Mahal, and Orton are fucking trash. Well Orton isn't trash, but I don't find him entertaining at all.

Reactions: volde and A-C-P

·
FOTC
11,323 Posts
If anything the WWE Championship has been downgraded. Is there any doubt which match will main event Battleground? It won't be the Punjabi Prison match. That will be three straight PPV's in which the WWE Championship doesn't go last. The only way the WWE Championship goes last at Summerslam is if Cena is challenging for it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
they are trying to make the US Title prestigious, ffs MAN

They were in the main event for a majority of last year now that they are taking a break from it you guys scream

DOWNGRADE OMFG

·
Registered
441 Posts
I prefer to look at it as an upgrade of the US Title. :grin2:

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
they are trying to make the US Title prestigious, ffs MAN

They were in the main event for a majority of last year now that they are taking a break from it you guys scream

DOWNGRADE OMFG
People are just ridiculous tbh

·
Premium Member
19,339 Posts
I love the fact that the mid-card titles are being upgraded. It's fantastic. I remember the days where they wouldn't even be defended on PPV's or even mentioned. This is pretty great. When you have great wrestlers fighting over a mid-card title it elevates the title. They should have been doing this a long time ago.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.