Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously I'm leaving out the surprise entrants, like Edge last year.

But nowadays, the Rumbles are kinda predictable. Really, there's only a few people that really have any chance of winning. We have Cena, Orton, Triple H, Undertaker, Jericho, Edge. Maybe Sheamus this year. And with Undertaker, Jericho and Triple H out, and with Cena now injured, I swear this year is gonna be kinda sad.

This year the only people I can see realistically winning the Rumble are Orton, Edge (doubt it), Kane (doubt it again), Rey Mysterio (again doubt it) and possible Del Rio.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
It is pretty predictable...since the only people I can see winning this year are Orton or Cena...

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
That doesn't sound predictable at all? Last year was predictable. 2005 (?) was predictable when Batista obviously was going to face HHH at 'Mania. Or when Lesnar won it. THOSE Rumbles were predictable.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The most predictable one in recent memory was when Orton won it 2009 considering the were teasing him being fired before he punted Vince the last Monday before the Rumble. Time for a guy that has never been champ to win it again but will it happen...

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
This year the only people I can see realistically winning the Rumble are Orton, Edge (doubt it), Kane (doubt it again), Rey Mysterio (again doubt it) and possible Del Rio.
Edge??? Kane and Mysterio haven't got a chance either. From your list it's narrowed down to basically Orton..

Last year's was predictable as soon as you saw Edge return. Granted, everybody knew Cena was going to win as soon as he appeared in 2008, but there was an awful lot of people predicting Edge to make his return at last year's Rumble.

Personally I've got only three options at the moment, and two of them are former winners: Cena, Orton & then Punk.

·
Registered
409 Posts
This is nothing new.

The Royal Rumble is always predictable.

The only year it wasn't totally obvious was 2004, when Benoit won. But even then, there were still rumors circulating online that he would win.

In comparison, you might say that this year is least predictable. There's not one clear-cut favorite like there were in the others.

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
I have predicted the last two rumbles Orton & Edge, but this year it is wide open for me. It depends what happens storyline wise in the next few weeks.

Depending on Cena's injury it could be:

RR: Punk
EC: Cena
WM: Punk vs Cena

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Last year was the most predictable. People were asking me, "who is going to win?" and I would say Edge. Then I was told he was not in the Rumble and he's still injured and I still said him, despite knowing that.

Orton was kind of predictable as well.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
2009 was predictable. Everyone knew Orton was gonna win since they kept on hyping up the fact that "Orton needs to win to secure his job"

2010 was predictable. Everyone knew Edge was coming back.

2006 was predictable. Everyone knew Rey Mysterio was gonna win, since he dedicated to Eddie Guerrero and was in the amidst of a big push.

2002 was predictable. Everyone knew Triple H was gonna win.

This year so far is far from predictable, now as January progresses then we'll start to see.

·
The Knight
1,746 Posts
I think it's pretty wide open this year in terms of possible winners.
I agree with you... on something... for once. :side:

Yeah, it's pretty wide open for me, too. 2010, Edge was coming back, easy feud with Jericho, 2009, Orton had just punted Vince, the entire storyline only worked by him winning the Rumble. This year, however, there's a couple of possible returns (Christian, HHH, Jericho, though they're all debatable, which makes it even more unpredictable). Past years have been predictable, but right now, I haven't got a clue who's going to win this year's Rumble, tbh.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
This is one of the more unpredictable rumbles in recent memory.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,970 Posts
Obviously I'm leaving out the surprise entrants, like Edge last year.

But nowadays, the Rumbles are kinda predictable. Really, there's only a few people that really have any chance of winning. We have Cena, Orton, Triple H, Undertaker, Jericho, Edge. Maybe Sheamus this year. And with Undertaker, Jericho and Triple H out, and with Cena now injured, I swear this year is gonna be kinda sad.

When some one says its predictable, they know who is going to win yet you question it yourself, doesn't that make it unpredictable?

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Rumble Rule no1, the guy they put the most focus on, usually wins.

But for 2007, 2008, and 2010, it was pretty damn wide open. Anyone who claims they knew Cena was gonna win the Rumble in 2008, stand up straight so I can bash your head in with a steel pipe.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You can't say "The Rumble is pretty predictable" and then name off half of the WWE roster. Morons.

If you're that comfortable with naming a winner then name one (two tops) and see how predictable it is now.

Morons

·
Banned
295 Posts
"The Royal Rumble is predictable!"

*lists thirty different things that could happen*

You know, sometimes being predictable is the best option because it means your show is making sense! The last thing we need are Russo-ish swerves like Mark Henry winning the damn thing and then losing his shot in the Feb. PPV.

EDIT: To be honest, I really wish they would get rid of the February Pay-Per-View altogether. Having no PPV in-between the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania would be a good thing.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts

These were all predictable and to some extent 1999 and 2001 were predictable as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I honestly cant think of the next Rumble winner. Its completely open right now.
They could push up some more young guys like Morrison, Del Rio, Wade Barrett, Kofi, Dolph
Repush past champs like CM Punk, Cena, Orton, Trips, Sheamus, Rey, Kane, Taker, Schwagger
Or give respect to guys who should have a Rumble win on their resume like Christian, Y2J, Big Show

But my sincere hope is that the 2011 Rumble winner is one of two men
1.) Christian.......WM27 WHC Edge(c) Vs. Christian
2.) CM Punk.......WM27 WWE title Cena(c) Vs. CM Punk (with Nexus)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts