Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
The whole product is screwed. "CM Punk!" chants are about to make a full comeback. Move over, Tarp-A-Mania.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Honestly, Wrestlemania 2020 should reflect the real life triumph of Roman’s journey in recent years.

I just really don’t have faith in the WWE’s ability to keep the crowd from shitting on it, so I’m not expecting them to take the risk.

You’re right, if the winner is predictable it won’t mather who it is - he crowd will reject them. Maybe they’ll play it safe and pick a heel.

·
Registered
587 Posts
You would think so, but honestly, the hype could probably go down by January, that's a pretty long time. Wouldn't surprise me, still.

If Roman is winning, he's screwed either way. He's going against The Fiend, he will get booed again.

Lol they chanted Punk for 5 years straight when he was gone and you think the hype will be gone within 2 months when he,s actually there? Nah.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I think at this point it will be Roman, CM Punk or Cain. If CM Punk does wrestle there is a good chance the Rumble will be where his Mania opponent will eliminate or distract him setting up the match. I can't see it being anyone else but those 3.

Almost too obvious that Ronda will return and win the Women's and avenge her loss to Becky.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
If fans are stupid enough to believe CM Punk is coming back to an in ring role then they are more dumber than I thought. He's not even under a WWE contract.
I don't know man. Literally every WWE social is blowing up about him. Bray Wyatt and Rollins already challenging him on Twitter. I doubt they would be allowed if it weren't a lead up to a return.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
If Punk only appear on the backstage show then i don't see the crowd chanting "CM Punk" more than they would normaly do.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
I don't think they'll hijack the Rumble over Punk because Punk has made it pretty clear that he's not interested in wrestling, so unlike the Daniel Bryan situation, there's really nothing that WWE can actually do about it. They can't just make Punk the Rumble winner if he's refusing to compete.

If it's Roman, he's fucked anyway. Punk won't change that. I think there's a decent chance that Braun will win (I know, let me have it.....but realistically, looking at the options for Brock on Raw, IDK what else you do), and he wouldn't get booed.

Now Punk competing would just solve this little issue. He wins the Rumble and faces Bray at Mania. Everybody goes home happy.

·
Registered
847 Posts
We'll see in the coming weeks just how much fans are buying that he may return. Punk has gone on record and says he worked for Fox not the WWE so that takes some of the aur out.

·
Registered
16,454 Posts
I don't know man. Literally every WWE social is blowing up about him. Bray Wyatt and Rollins already challenging him on Twitter. I doubt they would be allowed if it weren't a lead up to a return.
I am happy to be proved wrong, I like Punk, but I would rather see it to believe it.

But I think fans should be smart enough to know he is contracted to Fox not WWE, until we hear news of a contract singing to WWE I'll reverse my judgement.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts