Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know, as of late the roster has lacked. Especially due to many midcard injuries,

Cara.
DiBiase.
Gabriel.

I'm also fed up of them bringing in people such as Clay, Tensai & Ryback who are just squashing the actual talent, sure maybe have 1 guy who can squash people, but 3 all at the same time is unbeleivably bad booking..I mean, lets be honest when we're given a match list - immediately if given a match list we know who will win.

Its sad because even people who aren't quite there, but have been former champions such as Swagger & Ziggler are just relegated to jobbing week on week to already built up stars such as Cena, Punk week on week.

We can sort of blame this on the brand extension where SD & Raw stars fight on each show, has done huge damage to the building up of talent.

Basically what I'm trying to get at is, how in future years are WWE planning on building on their talent, sure they have people such as Bryan, Sheamus who have some sort of build but when guys like Cena, Orton etc are gone who is actually going to be around to carry the business?

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
We all know, as of late the roster has lacked. Especially due to many midcard injuries,

Cara.
DiBiase.
Gabriel.
Only Sin Cara there is a mid carder. The others are low carders. :lol

I'm also fed up of them bringing in people such as Clay, Tensai & Ryback who are just squashing the actual talent, sure maybe have 1 guy who can squash people, but 3 all at the same time is unbeleivably bad booking..I mean, lets be honest when we're given a match list - immediately if given a match list we know who will win.
I completely agree. But Ryback hasn't squashed a non-"local" jobber yet.

Basically what I'm trying to get at is, how in future years are WWE planning on building on their talent, sure they have people such as Bryan, Sheamus who have some sort of build but when guys like Cena, Orton etc are gone who is actually going to be around to carry the business?
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't, and just relied on year-long contractees like tey are now.

If anyone's to get pushed, it will happen NEXT YEAR, after Wrestlemania, when Brocks contract runs out.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Well somebody better patch up the leak so we don't have superstars dripping all over the place.

·
Registered
880 Posts

Cara.
DiBiase.
Gabriel.

Its sad because even people who aren't quite there, but have been former champions such as Swagger & Ziggler are just relegated to jobbing week on week to already built up stars such as Cena, Punk week on week.

We can sort of blame this on the brand extension where SD & Raw stars fight on each show, has done huge damage to the building up of talent.

Hopefully nobody from your sig.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
If Gabriel and DiBiase are midcarders then so was Funaki, you forgot Barrett and Christian, Rey also if he counts as a midcarder, they are FAR bigger losses than those two nobodys and by an entertainment aspect I'd say they are bigger losses than Sin Cara also.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
There aren't enough workers on the each brand to solicit a brand split, that's why they need to bring up more people from FCW or more NXT people just to be the glorified jobbers (at least for now). There time will come.

But you are correct in saying inner brand matches (over the past 3-4 years) have done a lot to hurt credibility of the roster. They way they are only building a handful a people at a time and then cutting their pushes, then going back to square one.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
you mean lacks op.Roster is very thin thats why they have that super show shit but with guys like Sandow and Ambrose coming though it would add the depth needed and they will be on smackdown.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
I think the WWE has made a decision that nobody in their current mid-card is really ever going to be elevated higher (outisde of Rhodes and maybe Ziggler) So Cena, Punk, Orton, Sheamus, Bryan, looks like Tensai, maybe Lesnar (not sure how long hes sticking around after this year), ADR, And Kane and Show while they are still around is going to be your ME guys for the next while and they are going to use the rest of the current roster to push and elevate the new crop of talent from FCW to creat their "new stars"

So OP the "future carriers" of the business you are looking for is probably going to be guys like Ambrose, Sandow, Ceasero, the guys debuting now.

·
Premium Member
17,266 Posts
I do expect ryback, when in a match, against an actual wrestler, to cry like a little girl after one punch; ruining his character but being hilarious.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Basically there focusing on the old talent while their still around and gonna worry about the rest later on. But honestly i think their good for the next 5 years and maybe some time after that too. WWE has tricks up their sleeves just u wait!! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts