Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I am Jack's broken heart
7,445 Posts
So instead of releasing it in the summer when movie attendance is higher, they are going to wait until early spring when attendance is lower? Yeah, I'm throwing the bullshit flag. I think this pretty much confirms that the Rock will be involved in a major way come next year's WrestleMania in New Jersey.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This has been confirmed by the Rock on twitter:

"Commitment to make GI JOE a massive world event just got bigger. New release 3/29/13. Rock + Ass kickins + 3D = #AwwwwShit"

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Already posted:
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/enter...-come-out-june-29th-delayed-until-2013-a.html
G.I. Joe: Retaliation Bumped to 2013
Posted by Jeremy Thomas on 05.23.2012

A last-minute switch for the film…

Paramount Pictures has pushed off the release of G.I. Joe: Retaliation. SuperHeroHype reports that the film, which was set for release on June 29th, will now release a full nine months later on March 29th, 2013.

The studio cited 3D conversion as the reason, with Hasbro president Brian Goldner noting, "It is increasingly evident that 3D resonates with movie-goers globally and together with Paramount, we made the decision to bring fans an even more immersive entertainment experience."
They're doing it to get the 3D deal, and it's a smart move either way with all the competition now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can't stand Dwayne Johnson. But The Rock i'm on board with, gotta admit, RAW suuuucks right now without him.

So we get a few months of Rocky entertaining us and he gets a big payday. Don't see a problem here. We get entertained, he makes money.

I will stream WM29 and not watch his movie and he won't get a penny outta me.

Profit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.