Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the recent controversy surrounding the return of the Rock and the rumoured jealousy from the "boys", I was wondering who were the wrestlers that were close to Dwayne Johnson back in the Attitude Era.
For example, Triple H was close to Test, X-Pac, Chyna,Albert etc. Owen Hart was Jeff Jarret's best friend, JBL and Taker lead the Wrestler's Court and so on...
So who do you think were The Rock's best friends back in those days?

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
He got on great with Austin and Lesnar, I've heard him talk very highly of Kane and Christian in the past too, Mick Foley as well obviously.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Austin hated Rock until 2001 because he was jealous and bitter about rock's popularity. JR said HHH and Rock were pretty close in 2000.

·
Banned
914 Posts
He was pretty close with Jericho and Owen as well.

Taz said on his twitter that they used to eat steaks together with some other guys (though he didn't mention who).

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised. Show's a great guy and friends to just about everyone apparently :lol

Since pre-WM (not sure about now), Hawkins and McGillicutty were training with Rocky, so I guess they got along okay, wouldn't say they're 'friends' or anything though, I doubt they are.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Kane. Everyone seems to love that fella.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Chris Jericho. When they went to Hawaii, Rock invited him and his wife to be with his family, and see all of that Samoan traditional stuff. And he personally asked him to be his opponent in the match they had there in front of his home crowd.

That was backindaday though. Not sure about now, you know how friendships fade.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Chris Jericho. When they went to Hawaii, Rock invited him and his wife to be with his family, and see all of that Samoan traditional stuff. And he personally asked him to be his opponent in the match they had there in front of his home crowd.

Jericho for sure. I think Jericho even mentioned it in his book, the one that came out recently where he said he was new to WWE at the time and one of the people that were nice to him was The Rock.

·
Banned
7,681 Posts

They still are friends.

He texts Jericho. He said in a recent interview.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I wouldn't say they were friends but Bret Hart took Rock under his wing and backed him up when Shawn and Hunter tried to bury him. It's the reason Rock uses the Sharpshooter as a tribute to Hart.

Supposedly both Austin and Foley initially hated the Rock until they all got older and then became pretty close.

Hogan must've liked him somewhat to let him go over in his return match at Mania.

Jericho has done nothing but praise the Rock on numerous occasions and was one of the first people Rock gave a shoutout to when he did the Hall of Fame.

·
Banned
401 Posts
Alright, someone straighten me out here but remember that Owen/Benoit conspiracy thread?

How the hell is 'who Rock is friends with' any more speculative than that? Most people themselves don't know who their real friends are (some people think they are best friends with someone that hates them or are just friends because they want stuff), let alone in a famous corporation that has national television exposure. At least with murder or death, you can actually make a logical assessment with some facts.

What facts can you assume are true surrounding DJ's friends? AH DAH DAH Kevin Nash said.... well some wrestlers say Owen was murdered. What people say and what dirt sheets put on the internet are all speculative at best, especially with celebrities.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts