Wrestling Forum banner

The Rock's best year?

5667 Views 15 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Stojy
IMO, I would say 2001. He seemed to tone down the catch phrases and his in-ring work was much better. He put on some great matches with Austin, Jericho, and Angle as well.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,308 Posts
2000. Rock dominated WWE and was the face of WWE at the time (due to Austin being out) he had better matches in that time and had a great feud with HHH in that time period . I would've said 2001 but Rocky was out for around 3 months and the Invasion angle was on during that time.

· Registered
7,589 Posts
I would have to say that 2000 was the best year for The Rock by a very long way as that was his biggest year as he was the face of the company because of Stone Cold Steve Austin being out injured and it was 2000 that saw The Rock become the equal of Stone Cold Steve Austin as well. From a match quality perspective The Rock was having the best matches of his career in the feud with Triple H and then later had great matches with Kurt Angle before we saw that great six man Hell in a Cell match at the end of the year.

The match at Backlash against Triple H was probably the best of the entire year and the crowd for that was nut's but the Iron man match at Judgement Day that followed that was also great as was the Triple Threat at SummerSlam. I would say that 1998 would probably follow 2000 as his best year because his feud with Triple H over the Intercontinental title was epic but the feud with Ken Shamrock was also great as was his brief face run after leaving The Nation and then the feud with Mick Foley to close the year out.

· HEY YO
5,370 Posts
If Hollywood Rock stuck around I'd say 2003, but he simply wasn't around long enough.

I'd say 1999 without a doubt, despite 2000 being when he reached his huge popularity, 1999 was what set the foundations for it. 1999 was when he became a star, as others said he had an awesome feud with Mankind, as well as an awesome feud with Austin. This was also followed by the Rock 'n' Sock Connection, simply an amazing year for The Rock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.