Wrestling Forum banner

The Rock wants the title at Royal Rumble but what if.......

1363 Views 18 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Clique
..... Ziggler cashed in his MITB, became champion, only to be fed to the Rock at Royal Rumble?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Hell will freeze over before Rock ever works with a loser like Ziggler at this stage of his career. What a way to throw away buyrates. People won't buy that shit.

Furthermore, as said, it's the wrong title. Rock is going after the big one.

· I am Jack's broken heart
7,564 Posts
You'd think 2 years into this whole MITB PPV schtick, people would realize that the two briefcases are for the two DIFFERENT championships fpalm

· Registered
2,963 Posts
That wouldn't be possible. Ziggler has the SmackDown Money in the Bank briefcase. He can only cash it in on the current World Heavyweight Champion, not the current WWE Champion.
But what if somehow the championships were to change brands before then? Not saying that would happen (the brand split is pretty much dead anyways), but it could. Sheamus could lose the title to Wade Barrett and Barrett shows up on Raw with the title and even closes the show most nights as where maybe Punk shows up on Smackdown more often to the point where over time i just becomes common knowledge that the world heavyweight championship is now Raw's main championship and the WWE championship is now Smackdown's main championship. I am almost 100% sure that this would never happen, but again it could.

· Banned
2,411 Posts
First off The Rock does not need another title run he is not even an active wrestler,what's the IWC obsession with Rock anyways. Second Punk needs to remain champion as heel for a little while im not a punk fan but I couldn't bare another Rock Vs Cena 2 then having to deal with the iwc morons making these retarded ass threads like.. "Will Cena turn heel" for months. Punk should keep the belt a victory over rock will benefit him and his heel character.

John Cena had his chance. Is time for wwe to focus on fresh blood to main event WM.

I wouldn't mind Punk Vs Taker
Lesnar vs Rock

I understand is good for business because the shit load millions of dollars they can make from these two guys. But Cena ME again and winning the belt from rock no just no.

· Registered
587 Posts
First off The Rock does not need another title run he is not even an active wrestler,
He doesnt need the title, you are correct.

The title needs him though.

The title is overshadowed by cena, it comes second to whatever he is doing, it did on monday, and has done on every PPV of the last year or more.

So you put it on someone whos bigger than Cena. And then have him drop it to someone you want to be as big as Cena.

Punk wins the title back dirty, hes the biggest heel of the decade. Instantly.

Although I dont really like heel punk much, so I'd have that man be Bryan personally, he carries the heat well.

· Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But what if somehow the championships were to change brands before then? Not saying that would happen (the brand split is pretty much dead anyways), but it could. Sheamus could lose the title to Wade Barrett and Barrett shows up on Raw with the title and even closes the show most nights as where maybe Punk shows up on Smackdown more often to the point where over time i just becomes common knowledge that the world heavyweight championship is now Raw's main championship and the WWE championship is now Smackdown's main championship. I am almost 100% sure that this would never happen, but again it could.
Exactly.

Consider that kind of situation.

Or even worse, at the end of the year, CM Punk, Sheamus, Del Rio, all get injured. Then Ziggler my man will step in and beat the Rock at the Rumble, demoting him to GI Joe's posterboy.

· Shooting the birds down from the trees
14,937 Posts
The rock, The great one, The Peoples champ, The most electrifying man in allll of entertainment against.. Dolph Ziggler. Yeah I don't buy it. I like Dolph Ziggler, appreciate his talent and am sure he'd put on a great match, but he's nowhere near a big enough star yet to be in a title match with The Rock sadly. That coupled with the fact they are both chasing different titles.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Exactly.

Consider that kind of situation.

Or even worse, at the end of the year, CM Punk, Sheamus, Del Rio, all get injured. Then Ziggler my man will step in and beat the Rock at the Rumble, demoting him to GI Joe's posterboy.
Won't happen.

They'll throw Orton, Triple H, Jericho, even somebody as low as Daniel Bryan in there. Maybe even waste a date on Brock. The entire main event scene would have to be injured in order for Ziggler to get the match, and honestly, if that happened, I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE just made some loophole so that Rock didn't get his title match at Royal Rumble and had to compete against Cena at Mania without the prior match.

Hell, I can't even believe I'm saying this, given my cynicism, but they'd probably throw Barrett in with Rock before they would Ziggler. Ziggler just can't be in the same ring with Rock, he has absolutely zero presence and would look as out of place as a hooker in a monastery.

· Banned
2,411 Posts
He doesnt need the title, you are correct.

The title needs him though.

The title is overshadowed by cena, it comes second to whatever he is doing, it did on monday, and has done on every PPV of the last year or more.

So you put it on someone whos bigger than Cena. And then have him drop it to someone you want to be as big as Cena.

Punk wins the title back dirty, hes the biggest heel of the decade. Instantly.

Although I dont really like heel punk much, so I'd have that man be Bryan personally, he carries the heat well.
Yes i'll give you that. The WWE title can get some of its prestige back by putting it on Rock but what bugs me is. Rock might win it then there's the elimination chamber match. I don't think rock would participate in it especially with his movie schedule. plus Cena is the wwe's cash cow he's most likely to face rock at wm. Unless Punk somehow screws some one out of the royal rumble match after being defeated by rock and wins the RR. Which i'd totally be ok with. and have him win dirty at WM that would be gold. But knowing wwe I believe Cena Vs,Rock 2 is the direction they're going.

I'll be totally fine if it a 3 threat at mania though.

And yeah Bryan would make a better heel champ than punk he knows how to work the crowd. Wwe needs to put him back in the WHC asap.

· Banned
10,744 Posts
I would be so pissed off if that happened as Dolph Ziggler deserves to be champion for a long time hes worked his ass off and has been held back to long its about time he became champion so Dwayne can do one

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.