Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, 2 and a half months later and of course they're paths haven't crossed since Mania. Anybody think another feud for perhaps WM30 could be in the pipeline? Would rather Rock make more appearances if it does though.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The last few weeks of the Rock/Cena back-and-forth, I was kind of just wanting the match to hurry up and happen. Now that has, I think it's more than fair to say (in my opinion, anyway), that it's completely played out.

My interest level would be nil, given that it would be obvious Cena would win to even the score. No way Rock would go over twice.

I want to see Rock come back and chase the WWE title.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The last few weeks of the Rock/Cena back-and-forth, I was kind of just wanting the match to hurry up and happen. Now that has, I think it's more than fair to say (in my opinion, anyway), that it's completely played out.

My interest level would be nil, given that it would be obvious Cena would win to even the score. No way Rock would go over twice.

I want to see Rock come back and chase the WWE title.
Same I'd like to see him and Lesnar at Mania for the title with the Rock winning it. However, I reckon Cena/Rock 2 and possibly 3 are inevitable.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Please,not another Cena vs Rock,that was boring.There was nothing personnal.There were just talking,talking and ... talking.
I am maybe the only who will said that but I don't want things to be that real,I want Soap-Opera,I want entertainment,not UFC-Wannabe

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
Only if this will be a month long feud with a solid storyline. If the storyline is good enough, maybe 2 ppv's in a row max. Other than that, I am not interested in the same promos they cut atleast a 100 times on each other.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing a short Punk/Rock feud. Doesn't have to be for WM, I'd say for a PPV like SummerSlam though. Rock wants the WWE Title, comes out and demands a match, CM Punk says he doesn't deserve it etc. the feud writes itself. Mic work would be fantastic too.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I'd love to see it again as would a lot of people based on WrestleMania 28 getting the biggest buyrate in wrestling history and regardless of what people think of the actual storyline Cena/Rock does draw HUGE and is financially the biggest thing in the wrestling industry bar none. It would be so simple to book but i'd have The Rock win The Royal Rumble so he's guaranteed a WWE title shot at WrestleMania and then have John Cena win the WWE title at The Elimination Chamber so Cena/Rock 2 is for the WWE title which is the only way you can make the feud and match bigger than before.

To some people the outcome may be predictable as WWE surely wouldn't have the face of the company and their undisputed top guy lose to someone who has wrestled twice in eight years and three times in nine years but all WWE would have to do is tease a heel turn for John Cena and i could see WrestleMania 29 breaking all records on the back of Cena/Rock 2. By then you would imagine CM Punk would be in a position to be top face on Raw for at least a year whilst Sheamus would have another year behind him and Randy Orton would most likely still be around so between those three they could fill the gap left by John Cena turning heel and if anything is going to produce another boom period for WWE then it is John Cena turning heel and Cena/Rock.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Rock is returning early 2013 I believe, sadly(for us) he has a busy schedule. I'd love for him to be at the 1000th episode but Rock316AE said he will not be. As for a feud, I'm certain it is going to be Rock vs Cena rematch or Rock vs Brock. A feud with Punk would be interesting but thats not happening, Rock wants to break records for buys. For the Brock match, Rock would probably go over. For Rock vs Cena, I dunno, Rock went over Hogan and Austin twice, but then again it is Cena and Cena winning could lead to a big final match that Summerslam or something.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
Nope, for two reasons:

a) rationally: Cena said this week that his loss was no big deal, and the RAW after WM he also scrubbed the defeat off as if it didn't mean anything. From a kayfabe standpoint, Rock > Cena and there's no need to repeat this event, especially with Cena not caring.

b) subjectively: Rock is far above Cena in almost every category to me, I don't want to see Cena go over Rock, even if he turned heel in the process, Cena has already went over so many people, so I feel he doesn't need to do the same against GOATs.

Reactions: NearFall

·
Registered
443 Posts
i can picture a suprise rock return at the royal rumble, so who knows, perhaps if cena spices up his character a lil and stops with all this im a good guy, im always in a morally correct position, i dont get angry bullshit nd does a lil thuganomics, maybe i can bare to see it agn, if not, fuck no have rock feud with punk or even triple h, no cena please

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
No. No reason to do it, the paying audience already got what they wanted to see, there's no attraction, "Once In a Life Time" was the perfect payoff, great WM main event with iconic moments, the feud, even with all the hypocritical BS, is one of the most memorable and emotional feuds in the history of wrestling for the people in the industry and the fanbase. A big mainstream buzz is so rare for wrestling, and they did it big time, mainly because of Rock's status but that's another story. The promotion for over a year with the video packages, the commercials, the NYC billboard etc was great. This program is going to the elite list of only 3-4 iconic programs in wrestling history, to ruin it now after all the work? no reason at all.

They're even doing a DVD for this feud, coming out in September:

Breaking: The Rock vs. John Cena Rivalry WWE DVD This Fall?

We have learned that WWE are currently producing a DVD and Blu-Ray set titled: The Rock vs. John Cena – Once in a Life Time.

The set is on the schedule for release this fall and could possibly replace the Greatest Rivalry set rumoured earlier this year, given its similar theme.

We speculate the set will feature a documentary – either an extended version of the TV special (as it wasn’t included on the WrestleMania DVD/Blu-ray) or brand new documentary feature; along with the moments and matches leading to: The Rock vs. John Cena at WrestleMania XXVIII.

We will have more details on this set in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

·
Banned
7,681 Posts
I don't really want it to happen.

I love going back and watching clips of Cena saying he needs to win etc etc, and knowing the result. :rocky

1 - 17 of 17 Posts