Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With The Rock's movie G.I. Joe: Retaliation now being released in March 2013 just 9 days before WrestleMania 29, it's going to be extremely difficult for him to appear episodes of RAW leading up to the big show. The Rock is known for going all out promoting his movies, something that means a lot to Hollywood executives and the success of a movie's opening box office numbers. Especially if the movie opens internationally around the same time, he's going to be flying all over the world doing premiere events and media appearances.

(Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

I do not see the rock wrestle at wreslemania 29 and the rock is like to wrestle at summerslam next year.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
Awesome so we will get more Cena trashing the Rock for being live via satellite :cena2

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Well, I'd think appearing on Raw for 15 minutes a week could be a great promotional tactic for his new movie.

Don't quite see the problem here.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I can see him working this into promoting the movie if he can, that way he's getting the best of both worlds.

Unrelated: title thread made me imagine Rock tied up and gagged in the bedroom as part of some insane Steph kidnapping plot behind HHH's back. Delish. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
He's guaranteed for WM29. They confirmed it in the WM29 press conference that he will be there.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Oh yay, a thread for Rock haters to vent their hatred in.

As for Rock, he's a hollywood star and a very busy man, he has said he will return to WWE in early 2013 and I'm sure he'll be good on his word. We should be happy he is around ever so often anyway, it's not like he needs to be.

·
Premium Member
17,720 Posts
I disagree with having problems in doing both (promoting and WM 29). I think that's part of the reason they pushed GI Joe 2 back actually. Have Rock be a super face WWE champion will definitely help sell WM29 a lot more and promote his movie.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
I can see him working this into promoting the movie if he can, that way he's getting the best of both worlds.

Unrelated: title thread made me imagine Rock tied up and gagged in the bedroom as part of some insane Steph kidnapping plot behind HHH's back. Delish. :rolleyes:

ah yes , we got that back in the day :D

·
Banned
7,681 Posts
He'll be a WrestleMania. He'll have to work around dates and such.

He wont be on every RAW, which isn't a bad thing. It would of been better if he wasn't on every RAW leading up to Mania 28. But I get why he/WWE did it.

But if he can't be on every RAW leading up to Mania, then he can't be on every RAW. He's a busy motherfucka.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Somebody might have a slight problem.
Sorry, reading too much of the violators stable thread I guess. Combine that with a man as sexy as the Rock and heads go places. ;)

ah yes , we got that back in the day :D
Incredible. :D I must find a copy of this game based on the cover alone.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
This is fantastic news. The less Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and his movie promos on my T.V screen, the better.

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
WWE should be fortunate he's even getting involved with them at all. He's one of the only real relevant draws in the WWE, along with Brock Lesnar.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.