Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the 16 years I've watched professional wrestling I have NEVER seen wwe this predicable and I'm not even joking. And yes I know the writers suck.

Let me start off by saying I'M NOT A ROCK HATER. He's definitely one of the all time greats, but he is screwing up wwe storylines. Every time he has come since 2011 wwe becomes ridiculously predicable. 2011? So obvious he was gonna cost cena his match with miz at WM 27. Wrestlemania 28? So obvious he would go over in his home town. Now in 2013 we all knew he would take the belt from punk.

I really question what wwe is doing. To me they don't care about any other stories because they have their draw already in rock. Sheamus, Punk, Randy Orton, Kane, Daniel Bryan, Jericho, Ryback, Dolph ziggler, The shield and Wade Barrett still currently aren't in any stories and their running out of buildup time. They've wasted 2 full weeks of making stories for these guys. Which is a joke because their all good superstars.

So tell me, is rock a cancer and ruining wwe stories?

Reactions: x78

·
Mamba Mentality
26,000 Posts
So you're blaming The Rock for McMahon and his "creative" team's incompetence to write a compelling show from top to bottom just because they are relying on big names alone to draw?

·
Banned
389 Posts
I agree to a certain extent. His limited dates makes the booking predictable.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you're blaming The Rock for McMahon and his "creative" team's incompetence to write a compelling show from top to bottom just because they are relying on big names alone to draw?

Rock is a reason why. I know they still have time to create stories, but so far I've never seen them lack this much on building up wrestlemania. As I said in my post. They wasted 2 raws already before wrestlemania.

Has wwe ever lacked this much on buildup for wrestlemania? I can't think of a year they've had. I'm starting to think rock is a cancer.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,000 Posts
Rock is a reason why. I know they still have time to create stories, but so far I've never seen them lack this much on building up wrestlemania. As I said in my post. They wasted 2 raws already before wrestlemania.

Has wwe ever lacked this much on buildup for wrestlemania? I can't think of a year they've had. I'm starting to think rock is a cancer.
Well if Rock's a cancer for those reasons during WrestleMania season then John Cena must be the atomic bomb based on how creative have neglected everyone underneath him for the last 7 years.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Predictable with Rock around? Hmmm.....

Everybody and their mama were screaming that last year's match was predictable with Rock and Cena with Rock going over. THAT didn't happen.

Rock challenges CM Punk for the title on RAW 1000, yet there were times people thought CM Punk was going to lose the title before the match happened.

However, I do agree the booking is really kind of getting predictable BESIDES The Rock. It's just that some of it is good story telling basics, but is pointless.

Mania is an example although I think the matches will still deliver.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Grasping at straws OP. I know you love CM Punk. I like him too (my favorite current wrestler, not counting the Rock who is favorite all time) but its time to quit bitching and moaning. CM Punk is EVERYTHING his fans ever wanted him to be-a top guy. He may may not be THE GUY but he is the TOP HEEL of this generation-the HHH of our time. He just had a 14 month title reign. How could you possibly feel slighted after that?

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well if Rock's a cancer for those reasons during WrestleMania season then John Cena must be the atomic bomb based on how creative have neglected everyone underneath him for the last 7 years.

Cena didn't main event wrestlemania 26, 25, or 24. All those wrestlemanias weren't ALL about cena as it is with rock. Hell even the rock as the fucking wrestlemania 27 host was the big attraction.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,000 Posts
Cena didn't main event wrestlemania 26, 25, or 24. All those wrestlemanias weren't ALL about cena as it is with rock. Hell even the rock as the fucking wrestlemania 27 host was the big attraction.
It is true that those WrestleManias were not all about John Cena but for the most part in the other 9 minutes in the last seven years or so it has been all about John Cena. Hell, Cena was involved in WWE/World Title matches at all of those Manias you just listed. Did he have to be there every time? The reason is because WWE creative and McMahon won't put in the work to have a well written show from top to bottom or truly give someone else the ball to roll. I don't think blame should be largely put on top stars like Rock or Cena but more on the producers and writers of the show because they can do more. You are putting the blame on Rock because McMahon is relying on him. That's McMahon's decision first and foremost and choice of business for his company.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is true that those WrestleManias were not all about John Cena but for the most part in the other 9 minutes in the last seven years or so it has been all about John Cena. Hell, Cena was involved in WWE/World Title matches at all of those Manias you just listed. Did he have to be there every time? The reason is because WWE creative and McMahon won't put in the work to have a well written show from top to bottom or truly give someone else the ball to roll. I don't think blame should be largely put on top stars like Rock or Cena but more on the producers and writers of the show because they can do more. You are putting the blame on Rock because McMahon is relying on him. That's McMahon's decision first and foremost and choice of business for his company.

Yes, creative team sucks and perhaps Vince relys too much on rock, but isn't in Rocks contract that he must close every match he's in? He must have demanded that and winning the title. Kinda greedy if you ask me. Rock shouldn't have closed royal rumble IMO.

Also rock should be there to put over talent at this point in his career, not hog the spotlight ALL the time. Hogan put over talent, Jericho keeps putting over talent, Foley put over talent, HHH puts over talent. Why can't rock?

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,557 Posts
Rock did kinda ruin the storyline surround the WWE Title the last few months, but that's about it. Not sure if OP is blaming Rock for ALL the bad decisions Creative makes? Seems a bit much. Besides, Creative have sucked the collective ding dong for 12 years. I think since the Invasion, they haven't been consistently great. Only good in brief moments then they burn out after one or two good ideas.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Yes, creative team sucks and perhaps Vince relys too much on rock, but isn't in Rocks contract that he must close every match he's in? He must have demanded that and winning the title. Kinda greedy if you ask me. Rock shouldn't have closed royal rumble IMO.

Also rock should be there to put over talent at this point in his career, not hog the spotlight ALL the time. Hogan put over talent, Jericho keeps putting over talent, Foley put over talent, HHH puts over talent. Why can't rock?
You do know The Rock has had only 4 matches right and only has faced two guys in singles competition?

He's not exactly burying talent when he isn't even facing the rest of the roster. Now that may be a problem, but that is a whole different topic.

Rock closing Rumble as a title match wasn't some new precedent either. It has been done before although I didn't like it either.

It goes back to the writing though as both him and Cena winning kind of made off either way if either match went on last for predictability.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'll agree with you when it comes to they have been so focused on not just The Rock but Brock Lesnar too that they forgot about their full time stars. This is the first time where I couldn't predict what the WM card is gonna look like because no one is in any major storylines or feuds. This could very well be one of the worst and unimportant WMs of all time.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts