Wrestling Forum banner

The Rock RETURNS to Raw twice before WM 27

2810 Views 18 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  BigriderCZ
Get ready....
The Rock is expected to appear live on RAW two more times between now and WrestleMania 27. The two rumored dates are the March 14th RAW from St. Louis and the March 28th RAW from Chicago, the final RAW before WrestleMania.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
594 Posts
So Cena's gonna have a comeback this week, then Rock the week after. And on the final Raw, they'll have a facedown.... maybe with someone laying down the smackdown?

· Banned
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stone Cold and the Rock back to back weeks....finally.

· Registered
3,886 Posts
Abit too much, as electrifying and exciting as he is, 4 (including one taped) appearances before Mania? With (imo) one too many appearances I hope there's no face to face interaction with Cena. I wonder what he's going to do though, rip Cena each week? I can't see backstage things with Santino as Rock's character these days doesn't seem like the comedy type, waaaay more serious.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Rock is the Rock. He can pull off any situation imaginable..after all, no one carried shows better than he did during his prime. We all knew he was returning to Raw before Mania and now we get to see him even one more after that. I'm thinking one of the appearances is a last minute one though at the end of a show...probably the one before Mania.

And the Rock has a WHOLE bunch of characters to interact with between now and Mania..including CM Punk. So it all works out.

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,262 Posts

· Banned
5,112 Posts
The crowd will explode if he is in Chicago. Wonder if he'll have any sort of interaction with Punk. St. Louis is Orton's hometown so maybe we'll see something between him and Rock also. One can dream.

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,070 Posts
good. i'm very happy to hear this. live build-up is way better than trash "this is live" taped promo build-up. him in the ring is all about hype, and hype is important going into WM (even though everyone's buying WM for him anyway). at least this way they're trying to give us quality build-up.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It shouldn't be on him to build up matches that the WWE should be behind anyway but you don't get that and you never will. That's to be expected from today's fans apparently but anyhow...it's almost time.

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,070 Posts
It shouldn't be on him to build up matches that the WWE should be behind anyway but you don't get that and you never will. That's to be expected from today's fans apparently but anyhow...it's almost time.
:lmao what the fuck does this even mean?

i never said it was on him, i said him being involved makes it better. him being there live makes it all better, and it's nice to see WWE trying to give him as much time as possible. seriously, cut your elitist bullshit for once and actually read a post, you'll realize you don't even have to respond. but you won't and you never will but anyhow....it's almost time.

· Banned
2,677 Posts
If this is true, wrestling fans better not be ungrateful idiots and start complaining again after a year or two about how he doesn't give anything back. He's basically doing several years worth of appearances at once here. Helping to build a side feud for Wrestlemania, hosting Wrestlemania, and if this report is true, making three live appearances and one taped appearance on Raw.

I look forward to the Chicago crowd. They should be great, although not as great as they would have been had he returned to WWE for the first time in that arena. I honestly hated that he returned in Anaheim. Did you see that crowd going berserk? In Anaheim of all places? What would have happened in Chicago or MSG? Biggest pop of all time? Either way, it would have been a far more incredible moment than it ended up being (and it was pretty incredible). It irritates me as much as WWE not bringing Bret Hart back in Canada. It's rare we get chances for some truly special moments. They should take full advantage of that.

· Registered
3,886 Posts
If this is true, wrestling fans better not be ungrateful idiots and start complaining again after a year or two about how he doesn't give anything back. He's basically doing several years worth of appearances at once here. Helping to build a side feud for Wrestlemania, hosting Wrestlemania, and if this report is true, making three live appearances and one taped appearance on Raw.

I look forward to the Chicago crowd. They should be great, although not as great as they would have been had he returned to WWE for the first time in that arena. I honestly hated that he returned in Anaheim. Did you see that crowd going berserk? In Anaheim of all places? What would have happened in Chicago or MSG? Biggest pop of all time? Either way, it would have been a far more incredible moment than it ended up being (and it was pretty incredible). It irritates me as much as WWE not bringing Bret Hart back in Canada. It's rare we get chances for some truly special moments. They should take full advantage of that.
Yeah the pops in NY, Chi, places like Toronto etc, would of been better. Doesn't mean they won't go beserk this time. He's ultra-over of course and I bet 1% of the crowd there, if that, were their in Anaheim/Buffalo, so they will be amped to see him.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.