Wrestling Forum banner

The Rock puts over CM Punk's Title Reign

13958 Views 147 Replies 71 Participants Last post by  Brye
source: Rock's twitter

It's easy for people to hate on Punk's reign, since most of the IWC HATE top faces, but eventhough I like Bryan more, I'm not blinded by the fact that Punk beat him, because he put him over tremendously in their matches, and, in fact, he put over EVERY one of his opponents tremendously in his entire reign, and was not nearly as stale as many like to paint him as. I can only speak for myself, but I would take CM Punk as my top face champion over John Cena, Sheamus, and Randy Orton any day of the week.
- The Rock did a Q&A on Twitter this afternoon and had the following to say about CM Punk and the WWE Title:

"@CMPunk has done an outstanding job as @WWE Champ. Ive had the honor of being 9x World Champion. I want #10.."
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

· Respect My Pimphand..
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But.. I thought the Rock said CM Punk was a vanilla Indy midget?

:confused:
Nah that was just some of his troll fans. The Rock actually respects and likes all of these so called indy vanilla midgets, much to the dismay of all the "Ratingzz" fans out there.

Rocky loves Punk, Bryan, and Kevin Steen. Hell he probably loves Aries as well.

· Registered
8,451 Posts
meh .. i like CM Punk , but honestly that title reign isn't exactly the best , and i don't blame him , it's just that he was booked in abysmal feuds (aside from the Jericho feud which was good but not that good imo)

and I gotta say , this AJ storyline was something that should've been kept as far away as possible from CM Punk , it's sad how he went from being the hottest thing in wrestling last year (no ****) , to being involved in a ridiculous corny feud like this

· Registered
851 Posts
meh .. i like CM Punk , but honestly that title reign isn't exactly the best , and i don't blame him , it's just that he was booked in abysmal feuds (aside from the Jericho feud which was good but not that good imo)

and I gotta say , this AJ storyline was something that should've been kept as far away as possible from CM Punk , it's sad how he went from being the hottest thing in wrestling last year (no ****) , to being involved in a ridiculous corny feud like this
At least we got some great matches from it.

· Premium Member
19,184 Posts
I'm curious to hear Rock316AE's thoughts on this...

Anyway it's great that The Rock put over Punk in this way. Punk's had a great reign and he's deserves great credit for it. I also love how the announcers are acknowledging the length of his reign and how it compares to others in history. I haven't turned on Punk like the majority of the IWC, and I agree with the OP, I'd much rather have face Punk as Champion over Cena, Orton or Sheamus.

Punk's reign will be coming to end soon though, sadly. He'll most likely drop it to Cena, but this tweet makes me think there's a possibility he could drop it to The Rock?

· Often Imitated, Never Duplicated
7,263 Posts
Nah that was just some of his troll fans. The Rock actually respects and likes all of these so called indy vanilla midgets, much to the dismay of all the "Ratingzz" fans out there.

Rocky loves Punk, Bryan, and Kevin Steen. Hell he probably loves Aries as well.
Rock said he was a fan of TNA's Bobby Roode as well, The Rock know's his shit.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
In before Rock316AE announces CM Punk as his second favourite wrestler.

Good to hear Rock put him over, hopefully Punk can hold the title all the way to a match with Rock at Mania, where he puts him over in the ring. Yeah, I know it'll never happen.

· Respect My Pimphand..
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Good to hear Rock put him over, hopefully Punk can hold the title all the way to a match with Rock at Mania, where he puts him over in the ring. Yeah, I know it'll never happen.
I don't know man, we're half way there to my prediction in the ROCK316AE thread coming true. At Mania next year we could be looking at the Rock putting Punk over as the new face of the WWE. Quote me on this. I'm feeling pretty confident about it.

· Registered
6,212 Posts

Well, it'll happen long before Rock316 says anything positive about CM Punk.

Tonight's result and card placement just solidifies that we will be seeing a Cena/Rock/Punk segment on RAW 1000.

· Registered
20,764 Posts
Too bad CM Punk is the 10PM Champ.

· Registered
4,543 Posts
I don't know man, we're half way there to my prediction in the ROCK316AE thread coming true. At Mania next year we could be looking at the Rock putting Punk over as the new face of the WWE. Quote me on this. I'm feeling pretty confident about it.
Not a chance and Punk is one of the guys I still watch for. Cena HAS to get his win back from Rock:rolleyes: so I have no clue what Punk will do for Wrestlemania but I would be very shocked in a good way if that happen.

· Respect My Pimphand..
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not a chance and Punk is one of the guys I still watch for. Cena HAS to get his win back from Rock:rolleyes: so I have no clue what Punk will do for Wrestlemania but I would be very shocked in a good way if that happen.
You watch :D:! It'll happen and I'm almost certain of it! Austin will probably wrestle Brock or even Goldberg at this point, and Cena will wrestle Taker. Don't worry they'll keep Cena busy with ending Taker's streak and becoming as hated as Adolf Hitler.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.