Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

· The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
Sissy boy
12,252 Posts
Can’t believe people are even entertaining the idea of Austin winning it. Yes we already know Austin is better than anyone on todays roster, but we really don’t need a guy who retired 20 years ago overcoming 29 active stars just to truly prove the point of how jobberish this current roster is.

· Registered
4,582 Posts
I am actually more interested in Stone Cold vs Roman Reigns. Holy moly this would be the biggest match in WWE history. I want Stone Cold to win. Stone Cold is definitely returning at Royal Rumble as its in Texas.
Yeah that would be awesome.

I don't know how capable Stone Cold is of putting on a match though.

Last year with Owens was great - but it was booked in a way where Owens would carry Austin, and he did. In a main event for titles vs Roman, it can't be booked like that, Stone Cold would have to do a lot more. I'm not one who cares about match quality more than spectacle, but there has to be a minimum for such a big match. Stone Cold also holds himself to such a high standard that he wouldn't do it unless he thought he could deliver a good match. So that's the big question mark for me.

Also - if the match did happen - Stone Cold beating Reigns for the titles at mania needs to 100% be a viable option. I'm not saying Stone Cold should definitely win - just that it needs to be 50/50 possibility. A bit like Cena/Rock - build it so fans legitimately believe it could go either way, if not it'll suffer if everyone assumes Stone Cold is just here to put Reigns over.

· Registered
9,014 Posts
It's pretty much what I have been saying since April 2022. Cody will win the Royal Rumble 2023. He will fight Reigns at WM this April where he will also lose. Zayn has 0 shot to win the Rumble. The Rock is not returning at the Rumble. Nor is he going to fight Reigns at WM. People should move on and accept the fact that the Rock is done with professional wrestling as a wrestler.

People need to get with the program about 2 things; The Rock is done as a wrestler and Reigns is not losing the title at this year's WM.

· Registered
10,433 Posts

· Registered
266 Posts
A personal fav not yet mentioned

· Waiting for Kawato
5,641 Posts
I'm getting this feeling that Cody will win the Rumble, Sami will win the Elimination Chamber and somehow they'll turn it into a fucking triple threat at Mania, do the old two falls/one for each title thing, have Roman win the first one and (hopefully) Sami win the second.

If Rock is available then obviously it should be him.

I don't see any way that Cody is not winning the Rumble unless they have some major kind of swerve planned.

· Registered
15,723 Posts
I dont know how anyone could take the guy who was booked like a joke for the majority of his time on the main roster and lost to Johnny Knoxville seriously.
It definitely should not be the jobber who got his ass kicked by Johnny Knoxville and the Jackass crew at WM and has been nothing but a comedy jobber for the past 5 years or so. Are we supposed to forget all that? Now all of a sudden hes good enough to be the world champion after being a joke for majority of his wwe career? Get this straight if Sami were ever to win the world title it would be a bigger bust then Big E as champ. Fans will turn on him after a month. Sadly I feel the fans will turn on Cody as. well. the only one that makes sense is the Rock but if hes not coming back then give to Bray Wyatt.
This is another example of what I have been saying. Unless you are booked super strong from Day 1 the IWC will view you as a joke.

Zayn has been strong midcarder since debut on main roster beating like of Bryan in a feud but because he did not get Reigns or Lesnar booking from day one people won't accept him as champion.

There is no such thing as being built up anymore

Btw Zahn lost to Knoxville and a million of his friends. Cena lost to Kevin Ferderline...

· Registered
664 Posts
This is another example of what I have been saying. Unless you are booked super strong from Day 1 the IWC will view you as a joke.

Zayn has been strong midcarder since debut on main roster beating like of Bryan in a feud but because he did not get Reigns or Lesnar booking from day one people won't accept him as champion.

There is no such thing as being built up anymore

Btw Zahn lost to Knoxville and a million of his friends. Cena lost to Kevin Ferderline...
Not saying I dont like Sami Zayn or that hes a bad wrestler but sorry he is not on the level of Daniel Bryan in terms of popularity and in ring work Bryan is head and shoulders better. I do agree with a lot of what you said I just never saw Zayn as a Main eventer in wwe and cant take him serious after all this comedy stuff the last few years. He can win midcard championships but if guys like Dolph Ziggler and a young Shelton Benjamin(just a few examples) cant get a proper world title run why should Sami? If he wasnt in the bloodline nobody would be saying he should be world champ. Perople just want Roman to be dethroned, so they will take anyone whos being put against him lol. I’m sure when Cody wins the belts all the people who were pushing for him to dethrone will turn on him eventually.

· Registered
778 Posts
I'm starting to think that Cody winning the rumble will hurt him since the fans are expecting for Sami to win this whether they're right or not is irrelevant.

As much as over Sami is right now he's not credible enough to headline WM against Roman. He's just not that guy. He would be a perfect filler feud for the road to WM like in EC for example but that's it.

Answer is The Rock for storyline purpose and it's now or never.
Rock can do it whenever he likes. Storyline is always there.
sami is one of the most over guys in the hottest storyline . He deserves it, kofi mania got it abs it’s a lot more over than that! Rey got a championship run, Eddie guerro wasn’t the biggest? Give sami the ball and see how it goes, A gimmick similar to Eddie’s would do him wonders, pulling of cheeky wins here and there

· Registered
44 Posts
Not saying I dont like Sami Zayn or that hes a bad wrestler but sorry he is not on the level of Daniel Bryan in terms of popularity and in ring work Bryan is head and shoulders better. I do agree with a lot of what you said I just never saw Zayn as a Main eventer in wwe and cant take him serious after all this comedy stuff the last few years. He can win midcard championships but if guys like Dolph Ziggler and a young Shelton Benjamin(just a few examples) cant get a proper world title run why should Sami? If he wasnt in the bloodline nobody would be saying he should be world champ. Perople just want Roman to be dethroned, so they will take anyone whos being put against him lol. I’m sure when Cody wins the belts all the people who were pushing for him to dethrone will turn on him eventually.
Whatever Sami lacks in in-ring skills compared to Bryan, he makes up for it with mic skills and character work. Also, even people who are onboard the Sami Zayn wagon knows that if he wins the world title, it's not going to be a lengthy run. Not every world title reign needs to last over half a year.

· Registered
664 Posts
Whatever Sami lacks in in-ring skills compared to Bryan, he makes up for it with mic skills and character work. Also, even people who are onboard the Sami Zayn wagon knows that if he wins the world title, it's not going to be a lengthy run. Not every world title reign needs to last over half a year.
I will give you that his mic skills are great and he’s been outstanding with the bloodline I just can’t take him serious but who knows maybe that will change

· Registered
Resident Centrist
12,109 Posts
Oh Jesus the fact that anybody believes that Sami Zayn or Cody Rhodes have any legitimate chance of winning shows how delusional some people are. Zayn gets his shot at Reigns at Elimination Chamber, then teams up with Kevin Owens to dethrone the Usos. Cody Rhodes fights Seth Rollins for the vacant WWE Championship after Reigns gets stripped of it, Rock wins the Rumble and fights Reigns at Mania for the Universal Championship.

That's how it's going to go, doesn't matter if you like it, that's the current plan.

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Oh Jesus the fact that anybody believes that Sami Zayn or Cody Rhodes have any legitimate chance of winning shows how delusional some people are. Zayn gets his shot at Reigns at Elimination Chamber, then teams up with Kevin Owens to dethrone the Usos. Cody Rhodes fights Seth Rollins for the vacant WWE Championship after Reigns gets stripped of it, Rock wins the Rumble and fights Reigns at Mania for the Universal Championship.

That's how it's going to go, doesn't matter if you like it, that's the current plan.
We'll come back to this post when Cody wins the Rumble and The Rock doesn't show up at the Rumble at all

21 - 40 of 52 Posts