357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe these guys are top 3 favourites to win this year's Royal Rumble

Rock - biggest money match since Rock vs Cena

Cody Rhodes - Obviously his storyline is to win world title

Sami Zayn - Bloodline storyline

Or do you think other guy has a chance

6,239 Posts
I'm starting to think that Cody winning the rumble will hurt him since the fans are expecting for Sami to win this whether they're right or not is irrelevant.

As much as over Sami is right now he's not credible enough to headline WM against Roman. He's just not that guy. He would be a perfect filler feud for the road to WM like in EC for example but that's it.

Answer is The Rock for storyline purpose and it's now or never.

· Registered
1,435 Posts
I'm starting to think that Cody winning the rumble will hurt him since the fans are expecting for Sami to win this whether they're right or not is irrelevant.

As much as over Sami is right now he's not credible enough to headline WM against Roman. He's just not that guy. He would be a perfect filler feud for the road to WM like in EC for example but that's it.

Answer is The Rock for storyline purpose and it's now or never.
Agreed but I’m scared the dirt sheets are real.

I’m getting scared daddy’s boy will take it

· Registered
10,511 Posts
I dont know how anyone could take the guy who was booked like a joke for the majority of his time on the main roster and lost to Johnny Knoxville seriously.

Reactions: Jonnyd6187

· Baby It's Violence
12,594 Posts
They probably will still go with Cody, but there is a way to do it that could work I think. They just have to make sure it isn't like when Roman won in 2015, where you had Big Show & Kane dump out everybody the fans liked so Roman would have to overcome the two big monsters.

· Premium Member
3,377 Posts
Vince has programmed it in my mind that unless you’re at least 230lb then you aren’t worthy of winning the rumble. Or maybe made it feel unrealistic to do so? Sami Zayn is an exception to the rule like Rey.

They should strike while the iron is hot because Cody can win any year and no one will bat an eyelid.

· Registered
292 Posts
Whomever they choose, the Elimination Chamber always ends up being the "edit" button for whatever shitty things happen in the Royal Rumble.

The Rock could win the Rumble, for example, decide he won't do Mania, then whomever wins the Chamber match would go to the main event of Wrestlemania

· Banned
31,598 Posts
Out of those 3, Cody.

The Rock could be a legacy win but unless he beats Reigns, what's it all for?

As for Zayn, I like him. I don't really enjoy his work that much seeing as I haven't followed the product in any great detail.

· Registered
718 Posts
It definitely should not be the jobber who got his ass kicked by Johnny Knoxville and the Jackass crew at WM and has been nothing but a comedy jobber for the past 5 years or so. Are we supposed to forget all that? Now all of a sudden hes good enough to be the world champion after being a joke for majority of his wwe career? Get this straight if Sami were ever to win the world title it would be a bigger bust then Big E as champ. Fans will turn on him after a month. Sadly I feel the fans will turn on Cody as. well. the only one that makes sense is the Rock but if hes not coming back then give to Bray Wyatt.

· Registered
2,312 Posts
Out of the 3, Cody needs the win the get straight into title picture. Bloodline story is already established for both Rock and Sami to get potential match ups with Reigns and even Usos for Sami.

Cody vs Reigns Night 2
Rock vs Reigns Night 1
Sami & KO vs Usos

Those are options they could still go for as Rock doesnt need the title match so wwe could potentially do both Cody and Rock vs Reigns. Cody vs Reigns would have to be Night 1 though as then when Cody wins, he gets to be the 1st to defeat Reigns, unless Reigns does defeat the Rock then save title match for Night 2, as then Reigns can have an excuse for losing to Cody due to defeating Rock just 24hrs prior.

Sami & KO defeating Usos for tag belts should be Sami's big WM moment. Him as World championship contender should be done at Elimination Chamber, where Usos cost him, and then him and Kevin winning the belts would be great. Book it as ladder match and it would be a nice throwback to ROH Ladder Wars as well as past WM tag team ladder matches.

· Registered
4,610 Posts
I agree that the crowd will probably boo if Cody wins it over Sami. For that reason alone I think Sami will win it.
I can't imagine this happens. This isn't like 2014 Daniel Bryan for a few reasons:

1. Sami Zayn is very over, but nowhere near as over as Daniel Bryan was (even Becky Lynch was quite a bit more over recently)
2. Cody is extremely over himself. To make another 2014 parallel - yes crowds booed massively when Bryan didn't win/wasn't in the rumble...but if WWE had booked CM Punk to win the rumble? Fans would have been fine/happy, not booed him. Punk was probably a 1B to Daniel's 1A, and Cody is similarly quite over and quite a popular potential winner.

Maybe some fans want Sami to win more, but in my opinion, if Cody is booked to win, it will still be massively over with the fans

1 - 20 of 52 Posts