Wrestling Forum banner

241 - 245 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
I understand business declined pretty much after WM17 fairly badly, picked up a little for the Invasion PPV and then Rock's return to win the WWF side for Vince. But after that in to 2002 did it keep on dropping?

·
WWE Fan Since '81
1,150 Posts
He was a bigger name / draw than Steve Austin from 2000 - onwards. I prefer Austin; Austin is my favorite wrestler. But I acknowledge that Rock was a bigger name overall.

Either way, Andre the Giant is the greatest name / draw in the entirety of wrestling history -- he was bigger than Hogan, Rock, & Austin.

Andre is my all-time favorite, but Jim Londos was the biggest draw of all-time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Andre is my all-time favorite, but Jim Londos was the biggest draw of all-time.
He was on top for the longest time period and headlined a shitload of houses with over 10k attendance. So him being the biggest drawing card(based on gates) is not that surprising.
But still, for one calendar year, i.e., peak drawing wise No One touches The Rock. He drew/headlined a world record over 100 houses within a span of 12 months in 2000 that were complete sell-out with over 10,000 spectators.
No one before or after comes anywhere close to that record. Haters can suck it.

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
WWE Fan Since '81
1,150 Posts
He was on top for the longest time period and headlined a shitload of houses with over 10k crowds. So him being the biggest drawing card(based on gates) is not that surprising.
But still, for one calendar year, i.e., peak drawing wise No One touches The Rock. He drew/headlined a world record over 100 houses within a span of 12 months in 2000 that were complete sell-out with over 10,000 spectators.
No one before or after comes anywhere close to that record. Haters can suck it.
You're correct - over one calendar year, The Rock has the record.

241 - 245 of 245 Posts