Wrestling Forum banner

201 - 220 of 245 Posts

·
Banned
1,291 Posts
The GOAT finally says it, he admits that THE ROCK was the BIGGER draw then Steve Austin.

I told YOU ! LMAO @ Austin saying Rock never reached his heights just LMAO

yeah Austin built the base and Rocky took it higher, what the fuck is so bad about this to austin fans?

·
Banned
1,291 Posts
Tbf, the games are all released with an international audience in mind so no wonder they chose Rock because, and let me tell you something that may make you happy but, Austin was a big draw nationally back then but continental Europe and most of the parts of the world not named US or Canada don't give much of a fuck about Stone Cold and prefer Rock and it ain't even close. Hell, I think Rock may have actually been a bigger draw right from early 99 in the biggest non southern coastal cities.

Most of my friends and people I know (not American) never liked Austin because he was and I praphrase one of my buddies "a fucking ***, bet he's a KKK". Austin's gimmick was cool to a lot of Americans, but to people outside that sociocultural bubble it's off putting.

they hate us cause they aint us basically

·
Banned
1,291 Posts
Um, I was in high school during the AE, bro. I'm older than you. You have literally no clue what you are even talking about. I can't take back facts and numbers and what Vince himself said. Sorry.

i was a little boy and i remember the two having very hard to compare popularity. austin is more popular among men while the rock is more popular among women and children.. its hard to compare the two popularities because they have that main appeal while also being beloved by the other demographics aswell, just not to the same extent.

·
Banned
1,291 Posts
Others in the thread have agreed with me.

He just inherited the house Austin built. HBK, Rollins and Bryan could have done the same in 2000.

the first part is spot on but that second sentence is one of the worst takes ive ever read

Reactions: Stevieg786

·
Banned
1,291 Posts
Seth Rollins would be doing jobs to Essa Rios and Just Joe on Jakked/Metal if he was around back then.

I need Essa Rios to become the example of jobbers from the Attitude Era

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Seth Rollins would be doing jobs to Essa Rios and Just Joe on Jakked/Metal if he was around back then.
Only because Vince was set in his ways.

If the company got behind Seth back then he would have drawn just as much as The Rock did.

HBK would have drawn Austin level numbers.

·
Banned
1,291 Posts
Lol.

You think HBK couldn't have carried the company in 2000?

He carried the company in 1996 while the NWO was hot and with bad booking.

No I know he couldnt have carried the company! Even putting his pills issue aside, he was not the talent or draw a Rock or Austin was, there is nothing to be ashamed of on his part, only like 5 wrestlers in history are at that level (Hogan, Andre, Londos, Rikidozan, Inoki, and if we are stretching here Cena)

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
No I know he couldnt have carried the company! Even putting his pills issue aside, he was not the talent or draw a Rock or Austin was, there is nothing to be ashamed of on his part, only like 5 wrestlers in history are at that level (Hogan, Andre, Londos, Rikidozan, Inoki, and if we are stretching here Cena)
You are misinformed.

HBK was capable of drawing just as much as Austin or Rock.

He just needed the company behind him and the right booking.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
McMahon always sucked up to Austin, but McMahon also understood his psychology. Austin was paranoid and overprotective of his spot, Rock wasn't, so Vince likely booked him stronger and fluffed him up publicly because of that. I think that's one element of this discussion that isn't talked enough about.

If you don't believe me, look at how Austin melted down in 2002. He jobbed to Booker and Bossman on TV, was asked to put over Scott Hall at Wrestlemania, was about to enter a midcard feud with Eddie Guerrero, was asked to lose to Brock Lesnar, etc, and he cracked. Rock did a bunch of jobs to midcard guys like Bossman, Billy Gunn, and Al Snow on TV with no build or notice, had feuds with midcarders like Billy Gunn and the British Bulldog, etc and had no issue with it. If you weren't protecting Austin all the time, having him in the absolute top program, and weren't constantly feeding his ego and giving him positive reinforcement, he was going to be a locker room malcontent.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You are misinformed.

The company backed HBK all the way by putting him over Bret Hart in 1996 but HBK dropped the ball. He couldn’t handle been FOTC. HBK would slap you and could u stupid for even suggesting that he is in the same ball park as the Rock.
As a WWE superstar the Rock surpassed Austin by 2000. 2000 is the most profitable year in wwe history and austin was out injured that year. The Rock took wwf raw and smackdown to new heights that year. He was all over and he become a box officer star. He become well entrenched in sports, entertainment etc. I doubt today’s top celebrities know who the hell seth Rollins or hbk is. I very much doubt it.
All my non wrestling fans don’t know who the f Seth Rollins is. The only superstar they know today is John Cena and Randy Orton. Apart from wrestling fans, nobody knows seth. Becky Lynch is a bigger superstar than Seth.
Also you are very ignorant if HBK could do it, how come he couldn’t with the company backing him 100% in 1995. In 2000 HHH was booked stronger than the Rock but Rocky didn’t need the title to stay relevant. If you want to hate on Rock cool but some of ur takes makes u sound really stupid and dumb. U have to be an absolute moron to actually believe that HBK was in the same ball park as Rock as a superstar. HBK was on the same level as Bret hart. I am a die hard Hart fan but I won’t even stay something as stupid as claiming Hart was as a bigger superstar than Rock.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Lol.

You think HBK couldn't have carried the company in 2000?

He carried the company in 1996 while the NWO was hot and with bad booking.
It’s official guys Kentucky just wants to troll us and is on drugs. HBK did not carry anything. 1995-1996 wwf was a sinking ship and wcw was kicking their asses in the ratings. Wwf starting getting popular again when The working class gravitated to Steve Austin. Austin saved wwf from going under. Go to sleep kid

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
It’s official guys Kentucky just wants to troll us and is on drugs. HBK did not carry anything. 1995-1996 wwf was a sinking ship and wcw was kicking their asses in the ratings. Wwf starting getting popular again when The working class gravitated to Steve Austin. Austin saved wwf from going under. Go to sleep kid
HBK increased business in 1996 even with bad booking and against the NWO.

Austin beat a weakened NWO with good booking in 1998.

Rock had no competition.

·
Registered
256 Posts
i watched some old matches of him lately - not only did he remind me of today's wrestlers but I actually preferred watching him to the current stuff.

·
Registered
348 Posts

Then why is one of the lowest drawing champions of all time? Rock was in midcard for second half of 99 and shit booking in 2000, and still drew the highest live gates in pro wrestling history.

201 - 220 of 245 Posts