Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Read this whole thing before you decide to bash/red-rep/renounce etc me.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has sucked ever since he left after Wrestlemania XX. His movies (for the most part) have sucked and his in ring performance is sloppy and slow. He buffed up and doesn't look like he used to much at all. To me, he comes off as not caring much for the buisness and just showing up...kind of just to show up. He isn't even refeared to as The Rock on WWE.com! He is Dwayne the Rock Johnson! He finally returns. He proclaimed that he was "home", leaves. Comes back, does a few promos on John Cena and has a somewhat disappointing involvement at Wrestlemania 27 (His promo at the start wasn't that good, his interference wasn't needed and didn't make much sense) He then leaves. Comes back, Does a tag match at Survivor Series, leaves. Comes back, does a few corny and ridiculous promos (although his concert was pretty good), then has a mediocre match with Cena at Wrestlemania 28 (which he shouldn't have won, by the way.) Then, leaves the night after Wrestlemania to film a couple more bland movies. I personally haven't been very entertained by the Rock since he came back in 2011. He has had a couple good segmants but it doesn't feel the same. He doesn't feel the Rock to me, it seems like it is Dwayne Johnson trying to act like the Rock. I don't get the excitement from hearing his theme hit, or from a rock bottom, or when he layethes the Smackdown on the opponent... He used to be my favorite Wrestler of all time. The old Rock from his debut until 2004 may still be my favorite of all time, but it isn't the same nowadays.

And to clarify, I am fine with the Rock leaving wrestling to make movies. If he has a passion for movies and enjoys acting, I'm fine with that and so be it. But what I don't approve of is him randomly coming back and then leaving over and over again. It feels like I'm being insulted almost by it.

Does anyone share the same opinion? Anyone have any other thoughts on The Rock nowadays?

·
"This is real..."
1,202 Posts
This is one of those threads that goes in General WWE, gets flamed, then closed because it's been made 9000 times.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Op needs to get a fucking clue, Rock's been mediocre since '03 not '04

TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

·
Banned
561 Posts
Lmao I knew that was coming
seriously, ofcourse he isn't the same as he was in 2000, 2001, 2002, when he was at his peak IMO, but he is far from mediocre, maybe your standards are way too high but if he has been mediocre i dread to see what you think about undertaker, shawn michaels, triple h, and even stone cold, after there primes, and if you do say you think they were mediocre as well outside of their primes then why is this even a thread

/THREAD

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
And to clarify, I am fine with the Rock leaving wrestling to make movies. If he has a passion for movies and enjoys acting, I'm fine with that and so be it. But what I don't approve of is him randomly coming back and then leaving over and over again. It feels like I'm being insulted almost by it.

This is incredibly stupid. You are fine with him leaving wrestling to make movies...but you're not fine with him coming back and leaving again...for movies.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Yep I've always thought this. I don't hate him, he's always been one of the most entertaining in the WWE. I have his 3-disc DVD of all his best bits which unsurprisingly stops after his 2003 WM match with Stone Cold. He was good, but whether its ring and mic rust, or lack of true commitment to the character, but he no longer entertains me.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
He's been mediocre by his standards yes, if a normal guy on the roster was performing like he has been say I don't know Jack Swagger or somebody, people would be talking him up and saying he needs a main event push etc.

He is still good just nowhere near as good as he was from 97-02.

Can't believe I gave I proper answer in the rants section. FUCK U OP!

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Your moms shit in bed.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep I've always thought this. I don't hate him, he's always been one of the most entertaining in the WWE. I have his 3-disc DVD of all his best bits which unsurprisingly stops after his 2003 WM match with Stone Cold. He was good, but whether its ring and mic rust, or lack of true commitment to the character, but he no longer entertains me.
^This sums up my points pretty well.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts