Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It seems they may actually be moving towards these two finally facing off. Of course there’s always the possibility Heyman is talking out of his ass, but I feel like this might be the first step towards making it happen.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Please keep Dwayne Johnson away from the WWE. I think I speak on behalf of most fans that we need to move on from these Attitude Era washups, the current guys are what we need to focus.

Build for the future please.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yep. Keep one of the biggest stars on the planet away from the WWE. Even if it makes sense for him to have a short run that could generate tons of interest and money. They’d be much better off with Sami Zayn in the main event of Mania.
Sami would be there every week, while Johnson would crawl back to Hollywood. And Zayn would actually have some exciting matches unlike Johnson.

I never understood The Rock's cult following among fans.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sami would be there every week, while Johnson would crawl back to Hollywood. And Zayn would actually have some exciting matches unlike Johnson.

It might have something to do with him being one of the greatest of all time.

·
The Babyface of WF
13,636 Posts
Please keep Dwayne Johnson away from the WWE. I think I speak on behalf of most fans that we need to move on from these Attitude Era washups, the current guys are what we need to focus.

No you speak on behalf of a small minority you silly silly man.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

1. Zayn would be there every week because he has no other choice. He is not good looking, charismatic, or interesting enough to make it in Hollywood.
2. Zayn (and other geeks) being there every week is reason why WWE needs Rock back, because they don't draw and nobody gives a fuck about them.

·
rasslin
4,369 Posts

They've focused on them all pandemic. Everyone was crying that Brock. Goldberg, Cena, Rock, Undertaker, HHH and even Roman were taking spots from the current roster of "talent" and the part timers left. The ratings were the worst they've ever been and the product was as bad as ever.

·
it's a tarp!
5,566 Posts
Could you imagine it both in the ring facing each other the crowd almost as one starts chanting 'Rocky Rocky Rocky' and then suddenly it morphs into 'Roman Roman Roman'. As we now have Roman PRIME.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Cult following? Maybe that term has a different meaning where you come from, but a cult following is usually used to describe a small but very passionate fanbase. The Rock’s fan base is certainly not small. The guy is one of the most recognisable and popular wrestling personalities in the history of the business.

As for booking people like Sami Zayn instead of the Rock to ‘build for the future’, the WWE is in the entertainment business and that means giving people want they want: I guarantee you that more people are interested in seeing Roman face Goldberg or The Rock than want to see Roman against Zayn, Owens, Rollins or Styles.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,641 Posts
The match is inevitable, so let's just get on with it and have it at the first Wrestlemania back with fans. Can't wait to see the babyface coronation for The Big Dog Tribal Chief. The ones against HHH and Undertaker were so successful. This time to make it even better it will be against my all-time favourite!

Could you imagine it both in the ring facing each other the crowd almost as one starts chanting 'Rocky Rocky Rocky' and then suddenly it morphs into 'Roman Roman Roman'. As we now have Roman PRIME.
No, I can't imagine it because it wouldn't happen. Roman would get destroyed on the microphone in the build if Rock is even at 10%. Heyman is great on the mic of course, but the main battles would have to be Roman vs Rock and Roman cannot handle himself at that level.

·
it's a tarp!
5,566 Posts
No, I can't imagine it because it wouldn't happen. Roman would get destroyed on the microphone in the build if Rock is even at 10%. Heyman is great on the mic of course, but the main battles would have to be Roman vs Rock and Roman cannot handle himself at that level.
That's the old Roman this guy is much more comfortable in his own skin.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Which is exactly what Vince wants.
If they bring Rock back for yet another Roman "coronation" I hope the fans shit all over it and starts chanting boring, same old shit or even CM Punk (even though I can´t stand the guy).
Well, we can always hope Rock´s insurance says no.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
The match is inevitable, so let's just get on with it and have it at the first Wrestlemania back with fans. Can't wait to see the babyface coronation for The Big Dog Tribal Chief. The ones against HHH and Undertaker were so successful. This time to make it even better it will be against my all-time favourite!

Actually that is exactly what Heyman is there for. Whenever Lesnar was feuding with someone, did he have lengthy back and forth promo battles with his opponents? No, he just stood there and looked menacing while Heyman did the talking

That's the old Roman this guy is much more comfortable in his own skin.
He can be comfortable all he wants. Still doesn´t have a fraction of the Rock mic skills so if they try to go head to head on the mic, the Rock would have to deliberately dumb himself down (which the fans would see through), or Roman will be destroyed.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,641 Posts
Actually that is exactly what Heyman is there for. Whenever Lesnar was feuding with someone, did he have lengthy back and forth promo battles with his opponents? No, he just stood there and looked menacing while Heyman did the talking
I just don't think that style of build works with a big money match like this. The Rocks fueds vs Cena and Punk involved these lengthy back and forth promos where they would bounce off one another and raise their game to make excellent moments. Roman hiding behind Heyman, especially if they go down the "family" route, would come across as extremely cowardly and basically admitting he can't go on the mic. If you can't go on the mic you have no place being FOTC or being in a fued like this. As you imply in your second half, fans would see right thought this fued and wouldn't see Roman as a silent badass, but would see him as so inferior verbally he has to hide behind Heyman.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
I just don't think that style of build works with a big money match like this. The Rocks fueds vs Cena and Punk involved these lengthy back and forth promos where they would bounce off one another and raise their game to make excellent moments. Roman hiding behind Heyman, especially if they go down the "family" route, would come across as extremely cowardly and basically admitting he can't go on the mic. If you can't go on the mic you have no place being FOTC or being in a fued like this. As you imply in your second half, fans would see right thought this fued and wouldn't see Roman as a silent badass, but would see him as so inferior verbally he has to hide behind Heyman.
It´s the only build they can do. Roman can´t go on the mic -especially not against The Rock (who isn´t going to show up live more than a few times anyway)

·
Registered
349 Posts
It’s inevitable that this match is gonna happen, and at this point it’s a lock, just a matter of time (it’s not happening in an empty arena that’s for sure)

It’s like when Rock finally returned years ago, you knew the moment he came back that he is gonna feud with Cena .. it’s what’s meant to be because that would make sense, same case here

·
Registered
349 Posts

Yeah let’s keep the biggest star on the planet off, rob the fans of a fantasy match, and instead push mild characters for a redundant feud on the expense of a big money feud that would very much benefit Roman and could elevate him more in that same “future” you’re talking about..

1 - 20 of 53 Posts