Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seems anyone who opposes Cena is automatically not the face, seeing as Cena is the ultimate face. But Rock doens't seem remotley heelish at all, seems more like a tweeners. What does yous think?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think he’s an instrument being used to build the current/future generation and give them credibility, and he’s doing that in whatever capacity is convenient/necessary.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
The Rock is The Rock. He's a legend. The Rock is a face by default because he's reached that status where he will never be booed.

The Rock could take a dump on John Cena's chest after he wins the championship at Wrestlemania and the crowd would cheer him.

·
Registered
984 Posts
The Rock is The Rock. He's a legend. The Rock is a face by default because he's reached that status where he will never be booed.

The Rock could take a dump on John Cena's chest after he wins the championship at Wrestlemania and the crowd would cheer him.
Anyone could do that and be cheered by any crowd members over 12 years old.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Just seems anyone who opposes Cena is automatically not the face, seeing as Cena is the ultimate face. But Rock doens't seem remotley heelish at all, seems more like a tweeners. What does yous think?
The Rock is the Rock..he's always been a cheered villain. Period. He can't be a heel if he was the one hated on to start the whole thing off. Someone with his memory doesn't let shit like that slide. That's why he spat on the WWE's little golden goose during his return. John Cena is mediocre as fuck and it was past time someone reminded him of that eternal fact.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Face to grown men and old fans.

Enemy to everyone else. Which is probably why there's no use trying to make the Rock look like a heel in an adult male-dominated forum such as this one.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
The Rock did in 1998-1999 and got more heat than anyone in the business

·
Registered
317 Posts
He's a face but to me it seemed after his recent promo that he's veering more towards being a tweener. WWE are exploiting the fact that Cena is not universally liked especially among the older, male viewership (to be fair no babyface is universally liked and Cena's height of appeal is quite impressive) and so they have The Rock appealing to that demographic. But booked as a babyface or not, people will still cheer wildly for the People's Champion.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Since when did locking horns with another face make you heel? Seriously. Some of the greatest feuds have been face vs face. Rock is face and is just targeting Cena, that is all. He's also targeting Miz more prominently now as well so I guess that makes him face as well in your mind? And no, he's not tweener. I used to be a full believer in the tweener concept but the more I've been thinking about it the more I think no one can truly be a tweener. The closest thing there is to one is Kane.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
WWE Raw TV taping report
March 14, 2011
St. Louis, Mo.
Report by Matt Frazier, PWTorch reader

-The Miz fooled everyone in the audience with his Rock disguise. The reception was thunderous and easily the largest pop of the night as he came down the ramp. It wasn't until he got into the ring and they flashed his face on the Titantron that the applause died down and people realized they had been duped.

-Overall, a great live show!
Well, well, well..isn't that a surprise.

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
lol

How the fuck can anybody think he is anything other than face?

ITS THE ROCK!!!!

·
The Sundance Kid
18,642 Posts
It's Face Vs Face with a heel trying to get noticed in between. It is likely at WM that they will put aside their differences and take out Miz.

Of course for the IWC the Rock doing that might as well be Hulk Hogan leg dropping Randy Savage again.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Except for Vince.

Hard to decide on his 1998-1999 heel run though, one week he'd get booed out the buiding and the next week he's get the most positive reaction just behind Austin.
They did that Shane/Vince story where they feuding and he wasn't a real heel by then. He was asking Austin for help to save Stephanie and all of that. Rock had everyone copying him but he was generating crazy chants as soon as "Do you Smell what the Rock is COOKING" blasted off...never has a heel in the WWE or WCW come down to huge anti-chants during the course of their entrance and music every week like Rock. It was like some heel Goldberg type shit with the fans.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts