·
Banned
353 Posts
Old news.....

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
here's something that bugs me

when rock returns on october or november , will they acknowledge that the match has been set up , or will they act as if the match wasn't announced on their website and The Rock knows nothing about being a tag partner with cena ?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
If they are not having him "captaining" from the sidelines, without actually wrestling then this is seriously one of the stupidest fucking things they have ever done. Up there with the invasion angle. What the hell is the point of wasting his return after 7 years in a pointless Survivor Series tag match exactly??? To pop a buy rate for a PPV no one gives 2 shits about anymore. It makes far more sense to have him wrestle Cena at Mania and get well over a million buys rather than add 150k more buys to Survivor Series. I seriously hope they are not actually putting him in there.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
If they are not having him "captaining" from the sidelines, without actually wrestling then this is seriously one of the stupidest fucking things they have ever done. Up there with the invasion angle. What the hell is the point of wasting his return after 7 years in a pointless Survivor Series tag match exactly??? To pop a buy rate for a PPV no one gives 2 shits about anymore. It makes far more sense to have him wrestle Cena at Mania and get well over a million buys rather than add 150k more buys to Survivor Series. I seriously hope they are not actually putting him in there.
dude ..

it's SS (one of the big four ppvs)

in the most historic arena in WWE history MSG

and it's the same PPV and the same arena where he made his WWE debut after 15 years

this screams epicness

having your "re-debut" in the same place and same setting where you made your first debut .. it makes it more special

·
Registered
104 Posts
Id say it will go down as Cena needing a partner for something and then The Rock comes out and they decide to team at SS. Cant see WWE acknowledging it, they usually dont.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
dude ..

it's SS (one of the big four ppvs)

in the most historic arena in WWE history MSG

and it's the same PPV and the same arena where he made his WWE debut after 15 years

this screams epicness

having your "re-debut" in the same place and same setting where you made your first debut .. it makes it more special
And yet less special than having your "re-debut" at the biggest event of the year in your own home town.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
It'll be great to see Rock back in the ring but you could have milked the anticipation and momentum of Rock's return to the ring all the way to Wrestlemania where you can be guaranteed that people will pay for the matchup.

·
Registered
970 Posts
are some people reading a different website to the one I get to... it says nothing of him & Cena being partners.
It says they'll be part of the standard 5 on 5 tag match at SS.

And I agree with 5th-Horseman, having the Rock's wrestling return in some meaningless tag match at a PPV that's overdue for being scrapped (or at least the 5 on 5 should be scrapped).

Chances are they'll have the Rock interrupt a Cena speech with an announcement that he'll be captaining one of the teams.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I think this sucks to be honest.

As much as I wanna see The Rock wrestle again, this is just the stupidest way they could do it.

I don't want to see The Rock and Cena join forces, obviously they will win their match, and then one of them turns on the other, yawn...

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
WWE obviously figures this add more buys to Survivor Series than it will take from Wrestlemania.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts