Wrestling Forum banner

The Rock had a more successful career in…

• Hollywood

• WWE

The Rock: Better Acting or Pro Wrestling Career?

1812 Views 44 Replies 43 Participants Last post by  Riddle101
Career vs Career Part II

Vote:
In which environment has Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson been more successful and accomplished?

Part I - Ronda Rousey:
Part III - Mark Henry:
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
6,702 Posts
he was a main-event wrestler for about 5 years total, and as he debuted around 1995, he wrestled professionally for 8-9 years total

In contrast, he’s been in Hollywood for 20 years, and he has been an A-lister for about 10 years (beginning around 2011 or so). He made more of his money and fame in Hollywood

the answer is acting

· Registered
1,153 Posts
In my opinion, the rocks only great movie is black adam. His only other notable role was part of a team in fast and furious. I don’t know about money, but in terms of acting he was far superior in the WWF/E.

· NBA
7,082 Posts
If we go by the money he has made in each career, obviously his acting career is more successful but if we go by success relative to each business, I think it's pro wrestling. The Rock managed to become one of the two, three or four biggest and most profitable names in wrestling of all time while, on the other hand, as successful and profitable as he is as an actor, I don't think he would make a top ten biggest movie stars of all time, or at least not yet.

· Registered
6,702 Posts
The Rock managed to become one of the two, three or four biggest and most profitable names in wrestling of all time while, on the other hand, as successful and profitable as he is as an actor, I don't think he would make a top ten biggest movie stars of all time, or at least not yet.
being a top 10 or top 5 wrestler is not as consequential as being the #100th-150th actor of all time. There’s more competition, history, and importance in the latter field

· TEAM CHELSHIV
Umani. Vous êtes belle 💙💙💙💙💙
128,469 Posts
His wrestling career was short and sweet. He is still more successful as an actor. While no master thespian, he is a money making machine. It's been fun to watch him grow from at best a B-lister to one of the biggest names in Hollywood.

· Registered
Trios champ, NA champ
5,802 Posts
Acting

1 - 20 of 45 Posts