Wrestling Forum banner

the rock, believable wwe champion?

4598 59
if good ol rocky happened to get a title shot and win..would he even be credible? in my fuckin opinion no, but i wanna see how many marks are on this forum. i mean how could he even be considered credible? he hasnt wrestled in how many years and the guy is old as hell.

thoughts?

(flame shield) :gun:
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,281 Posts
have you got it in your head that he has returned on a full time basis?

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I guess it depends. Lets say hypothetically that he, as the guest host of 'Mania put himself in a championship match and won....it would be lame and not very credible. If he quit movie-making (seriously doubt that will ever happen) and stayed and wrestled and built himself back up, yeah he would definitely be credible. Why wouldn't he be? Also, I don't know if 38 is "old as hell." Maybe it is in your mind, which is fine if it is, but out of curiosity...what do you think of guys that are older and still wrestling? Jericho is 40, HHH is 41, Taker is what? 44? Would these guys not be credible champs?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it depends. Lets say hypothetically that he, as the guest host of 'Mania put himself in a championship match and won....it would be lame and not very credible. If he quit movie-making (seriously doubt that will ever happen) and stayed and wrestled and built himself back up, yeah he would definitely be credible. Why wouldn't he be? Also, I don't know if 38 is "old as hell." Maybe it is in your mind, which is fine if it is, but out of curiosity...what do you think of guys that are older and still wrestling? Jericho is 40, HHH is 41, Taker is what? 44? Would these guys not be credible champs?
well you see with hhh and jericho and their age...they havent been gone for years. they have been still wrestling with the young guys. the rock hasnt. and if he came back, would he still even be able to put on a great match at this point?

·
Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Is this guy serious? Fucking Hogan came back at like 50 or whatever he was and won the belt.....NOBODY questioned it because it's Hogan. Of course it would be credible if he won, he's the fucking Rock. He's won the title 9 times. Big deal if he hasn't been in the ring for a number of years, nobody's gonna question it because he's at that ultra main event level of star. And how is he "old as hell"? He's only 38. He's younger than Jericho is and he won the title last year.

Shit, how can you even ask such a question? And even IF, and that's a big IF, it were not credible, the fans wouldn't care. The fans will side with him over anybody going today, regardless, and it's certainly not credible for guys like The Miz and Jack Swagger to be world champions, but they still are.

·
1,281 Posts
he has? he isnt going to wrestle okay. its just a question. fuck, i dont even like the rock that much.
He can't picture him being around after Mania, if he is then great but he is not back on a full time basis, I would be surprised if he appeared again before Mania

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is this guy serious? Fucking Hogan came back at like 50 or whatever he was and won the belt.....NOBODY questioned it because it's Hogan. Of course it would be credible if he won, he's the fucking Rock. He's won the title 9 times. Big deal if he hasn't been in the ring for a number of years, nobody's gonna question it because he's at that ultra main event level of star. And how is he "old as hell"? He's only 38. He's younger than Jericho is and he won the title last year.

Shit, how can you even ask such a question? And even IF, and that's a big IF, it were not credible, the fans wouldn't care. The fans will side with him over anybody going today, regardless, and it's certainly not credible for guys like The Miz and Jack Swagger to be world champions, but they still are.
ahhh this guy...the "locker room" leader of these forums?

·
Registered
188 Posts
If Jerry The King lawlyer is believed to be a champion then who in the blue hell wouldnt believe The Rock as champion

·
1,281 Posts
ahhh this guy...the "locker room" leader of these forums?
you are wrong and you have been called out on it, you clearly have no idea how the business works.By the way the so called "locker room" leader has made it known on multiple ocasions that he isn't a fan of The Rock, so in return to your original question on how many marks there are on this forum there is atleast 1 and that would be yourself

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
13,078 Posts
It was believable back then for The Rock to be WWE Champion, wasn't it? Why wouldn't it be now?

We're sitting in a company dragging its heels in the mud with poor booking that has made the company look more like it has 4 mid-card titles, rather than 2 World Titles and 2 mid-card titles. The Rock winning either of the World Titles would be an absolute blessing for that belt right now, and legitimately one of the best things to happen to the main event scene in a long time.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
well lets see the current champion is a former mtv reality show person. yet you have the balls to ask if the rock is a believable champion at this point? honestly....

·
Registered
17,784 Posts
He would win the championship...and with one of the least believable finishers of all time and he would be the most credible guy on the roster to be champion. He's not wrestling anyway. So it's not a concern.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i wanna see how many marks are on this forum.
well, at least one

I was never a big Rock fan (didn't hate him either) but I have to admit that I be interested if he did get back into the ring (never happen).

Imagine how interesting it would be if he decided to get back into the ring for even just a year. It would be great for everyone involved. It's too bad there is just no reason for the Rock to do it though.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.