Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
According to a media report in Wales, former WWE superstar The Rock said he'll never return to WWE. 'I had some great times in wrestling, sure but it's not worth the travelling, the physical punishment and the pay roll is bad compared to Hollywood movies. I'm grateful for the WWE being a stepping stone in my career but my heart was never in wrestling, I always wanted to be a movie star.' When asked about his relationship with WWE fans, whom he seemed to communicate well with using special moves, taunts and sayings he said 'The fans, they used to be great, but not so much now. It's all changed, it's PG rated. I wouldn't go back to WWE under PG rating. If the WWE wanna keep fans they should change back to TV-14. Blood and weapon shots. Thoses were the days. That's what the fans wanna see.'
The Rock is backing TV-14 and isn't returning to WWE under PG rating... I guess we won't see him as a future guest host to promote his new movie coming out this month. It's beyond me how much the fans and WWE made him a star, yet he refuses to come back just for one more night. Is he afraid he won't get a good reaction under a PG rating? That's beyond BS. Sorry if already posted.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Makes sense that he'd only make a possible come back for a night if it was PG-14 instead, afterall can The Rock even cut a promo without saying the word "Ass"?

·
Registered
417 Posts
why would a media source in Wales know more about The Rock's return to wrestling than say PWinsider?

Just saying...........

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
The Rock's not coming back. EVER. TV-PG, TV-14, hell even TV-MA, it doesn't matter.

Nothing is gonna change that fact, barring a horrible twist where he blows all of his money and doesn't get movie roles anymore. When he gets inducted into the Hall of Fame, you'll see him back, but a live, in-person appearance in the ring, don't bank on it ever happening.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
If this is true, I will have gain a huge amount of respect for the Rock. If it's false, I'll be sad.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
I think I've pinpointed the exact moment in time when I stopped taking his opinion on this matter seriously at all

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Always sad to find out a childhood hero is an asshole :(. Wrestling was his career, and he is an awful actor.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
He's not wrong.

·
STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,092 Posts
The Rock would not be able to cut a decent promo in the PG Era. I would love - like any other - to see him cut one more promo or to give Cena the people's elbow but I completely agree and respect his decision.

Reactions: Panzer

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
I'm a HUGE Rock fan.
But even I'm tired of hearing from him. The only thing I want to see is a real announcement of his return
(which won't happen)
Otherwise I already know it's him saying he's not returning. He must be tired of saying he's not coming back too.

I am surprised that he said wrestling was never in his heart though.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.