Wrestling Forum banner

The Rock and WWE's future

1453 Views 12 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  D17
First of all this is not a thread praying the Rock comes back for "one mroe match". I know he isn't ever going to return to wrestle.

However this is an article for UK Newspaper The Sun. Featuring an interview with the great one.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...on-not-ready-for-return-to-ring-with-WWE.html

DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON says he will NOT wrestle another match for WWE — but he would like to return for a special edition of Raw.

Johnson left WWE in 2004 for a career in Hollywood but wrestling fans have consistently called for his return.

Aside from inducting his father and grandfather in the Hall of Fame, Johnson has stayed away from wrestling.

That has left some fans and wrestlers, including John Cena, unhappy.

On his Facebook page, though, The Rock addressed his departure and the question of whether he will make a comeback.

He said: "I left the WWE because I had succeeded in accomplishing every goal I set to achieve.

"Will I ever come back to the WWE? Of course I will. Not a match though but in a capacity that would allow me to do so much more.

"I LOVE that company and the fans. Without the two I would not be standing where I am today.

"Vince and myself stay very closely connected and when the opportunity is right — which will be a lot sooner than you think — we will do something electrifying and historic for the fans.

"He and I were toying with the idea of a special show called Rock Raw.

He added: "It is important to me to say this from my heart — to the incredibly loyal "The Rock's Millions and Millions" and the entire WWE UNIVERSE.

"I am forever humbled and grateful to you for allowing me the HONOR to entertain you over the years.

"You have my word I will continue to entertain you in ways like no one else. It's only just the beginning.

"I dream big and we've achieved those dreams together because you never left my side. I love you for that and thank you.

"I am Dwayne Johnson ... and I will also always be The Rock."

This line from the article is rather intriging. "Vince and myself stay very closely connected and when the opportunity is right — which will be a lot sooner than you think — we will do something electrifying and historic for the fans."

I'm thinking since Austin is now in the HOF it's gotta be ROCK's turn maybe this year or next. This is the only reason I can see him coming back. And no he won't be the Raw GM!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
Actually he's returning on 2-21-11, the anniverssary of the assasination of Malcolm X. WWE are going to use the date as an excuse to bring back the Nation Of Domination.

· Registered
5,515 Posts
Please stop posting about this peice of shit. This guy is totally irrelevant to the wrestling world now.

He came out and said he would never return to WWE so get over it!

It's funny when his movies aren't doing well he now "loves" the WWE and it's fans and suddenly "he may come back". Utter bullshit, he won't come back, he is just saying that so he gets mentioned in the dirt sheets and then all the rock fan boys squirt some and get all excited about a possible return.

He has an ego the size of which the likes of Hogan, Bischoff have. They always want to be in the news. He turned his back on the wrestling business and said many hurtful things and suddenly we are supposed to forgive him because suddenly his career is in the gutter and he comes out and says these things he doesn't even mean.

He always says he has no time for WWE but when it suits him he mentions WWE names because he knows how guillable wrestling fans are. Sorry rock you can go to hell as far as I am concerned, i'm not falling for your tricks.

12,225 Posts
Please stop posting about this peice of shit. This guy is totally irrelevant to the wrestling world now.

It's funny when his movies aren't doing well he now "loves" the WWE and it's fans and suddenly "he may come back". Utter bullshit, he won't come back, he is just saying that so he gets mentioned in the dirt sheets and then all the rock fan boys squirt some and get all excited about a possible return.
:lmao You're just pissed off because Cena admits to fucking fat chicks but won't go near you.

· BOOTS TO ASSES
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

He has an ego the size of which the likes of Hogan, Bischoff have. They always want to be in the news. He turned his back on the wrestling business and said many hurtful things and suddenly we are supposed to forgive him because suddenly his career is in the gutter and he comes out and says these things he doesn't even mean.

He always says he has no time for WWE but when it suits him he mentions WWE names because he knows how guillable wrestling fans are. Sorry rock you can go to hell as far as I am concerned.
I said at the start I know Rock isn't coming back. Im no stuck in the past known as the Attitude Era. I am simply passing on an article. Besides that he at least deservres the HOF some time soon, he will probably headline it next year which is what he is refering to.

I come from a pre Attitude era not post, so i'm not one of these kids hoping for the impossible.

· Registered
2,812 Posts
2-21-11....honestly..not that i want to see the rock(i really dont care either way.,..sure it'd be cool i guess), but it would be nice if it indeed was him...would be a total shock and wwe would for once be able to surprise us. it would be awesome to have that holy shit feeling again. ...that being said, we all know its not him.

· Registered
7,601 Posts
I am not knocking The Rock for leaving WWE to go and do films on a permanent basis but he must have another film coming out soon as he only talks about returning to WWE for a special appearance when he has a film coming out and is given interview time by everyone when he mentions a WWE return. It is a very clever way of self promotion and promoting his new film because he knows that people who watch wrestling hang on his every word when he says he will return for a special appearance and that the internet is buzzing with that kind of news so we start watching his films and all of his interviews and then after the films has been out a few weeks we hear nothing.

Seriously the more we hype up his return for even a special appearance the publicity he ends up getting and the better his films do because of the loyal fanbase he still has in some parts within WWE. I have got to the point now where i think if he comes back then that would be great as it would be great for WWE watcing The Rock interact with the current generation but if he doesn't then i'm not overly bothered either because as he has moved on from WWE so has WWE moved on from The Rock and after seven years since his last real appearance his relevance to the current product becomes less and less to me.

12,225 Posts
Just to be clear, the only fact in my earlier post* was the date on Malcolm X's assasination, everything else was made up by me.

*The first one, my second post was entirely true :lmao

· Registered
5,515 Posts
I said at the start I know Rock isn't coming back. Im no stuck in the past known as the Attitude Era. I am simply passing on an article. Besides that he at least deservres the HOF some time soon, he will probably headline it next year which is what he is refering to.

I come from a pre Attitude era not post, so i'm not one of these kids hoping for the impossible.
no chance of rock going into HOF at moment much better candidates than him which are higher on the list

I am not knocking The Rock for leaving WWE to go and do films on a permanent basis but he must have another film coming out soon as he only talks about returning to WWE for a special appearance when he has a film coming out and is given interview time by everyone when he mentions a WWE return. It is a very clever way of self promotion and promoting his new film because he knows that people who watch wrestling hang on his every word when he says he will return for a special appearance and that the internet is buzzing with that kind of news so we start watching his films and all of his interviews and then after the films has been out a few weeks we hear nothing.

Seriously the more we hype up his return for even a special appearance the publicity he ends up getting and the better his films do because of the loyal fanbase he still has in some parts within WWE. I have got to the point now where i think if he comes back then that would be great as it would be great for WWE watcing The Rock interact with the current generation but if he doesn't then i'm not overly bothered either because as he has moved on from WWE so has WWE moved on from The Rock and after seven years since his last real appearance his relevance to the current product becomes less and less to me.
Exactly at least someone has a brain here. He is using wwe fans again for his self promotion and you are all falling for it. He wants people to mention his name, he wants his name on the news and dirt sheets, it's just his ego is so big he can't go 5 minutes without someone mentioning him.

If he loved wwe as much as he says he does he would have come back. He has time to attend UFC and other events but conveniently when it is time to make a wwe scheduled appearance he is too busy with his movie career. Take that for what it is, some will say he is using WWE and others say he is scared of cena so he won't turn up at WWE and is just saying this stuff behind an interview.

· Registered
724 Posts

He always says he has no time for WWE but when it suits him he mentions WWE names because he knows how guillable wrestling fans are. Sorry rock you can go to hell as far as I am concerned, i'm not falling for your tricks.
You Mad Bro?

· Registered
3,895 Posts

Lol no he doesn't, he always seem to come across as very modest and openly says Austin was better than him, always happy to put people over, that's not having a huge ego. If he did have as huge ego he wouldn't of put Christian, Hurricane, Mark Henry etc over.
And he's mentioned coming back to Wrestling because thousands of fans have been asking him and he finally gave them an answer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.