Wrestling Forum banner

the rock and cena

3710 36
Does anyone have the clip or article of cena making of fun the rock or how all their beef got started.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Personally think it was all for show and vince encouraged him to do it or cena wanted to e.t.c so when the rock did eventually return one day their would be some tension already between the two if the rock agreed to a match or any in ring confrontation.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts

i think this was the main one? after that he just called him out alot for a match.
What is absolutely hilarious is the fact that John Cena basically said what almost every single fan or member of The IWC was thinking and he was completely right as The Rock didn't ever want to make even an appearance because he wa worried about being seen as a credible actor rather than a wrestler turned actor. Yet despite speaking the complete truth and saying what most people think everyone on these forums then laugh at The Rock burying John Cena because of what John Cena said although we all thought and said the exact same.

Since 2004 i have seen Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Dusty Rhodes and almost every single major name to have ever wrestled in WWE outside of Randy Savage and The Ultimate Warrior for obvious reasons to have made at least one appearance yet until now when his film career isn't as great as it once was we had not seen The Rock make one single appearance in the ring. Maybe John Cena touched a nerve for The Rock by simply saying what was true and John Cena made people see exactly how The Rock was thinking but the reality is that John Cena was 100% right in what he said as i would hear The Rock say how much he loved his wrestling fan's for years yet couldn't find time in his schedule to make one single appearance even if just to say hello like John Cena said.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
What is absolutely hilarious is the fact that John Cena basically said what almost every single fan or member of The IWC was thinking and he was completely right as The Rock didn't ever want to make even an appearance because he wa worried about being seen as a credible actor rather than a wrestler turned actor. Yet despite speaking the complete truth and saying what most people think everyone on these forums then laugh at The Rock burying John Cena because of what John Cena said although we all thought and said the exact same.

Since 2004 i have seen Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Dusty Rhodes and almost every single major name to have ever wrestled in WWE outside of Randy Savage and The Ultimate Warrior for obvious reasons to have made at least one appearance yet until now when his film career isn't as great as it once was we had not seen The Rock make one single appearance in the ring. Maybe John Cena touched a nerve for The Rock by simply saying what was true and John Cena made people see exactly how The Rock was thinking but the reality is that John Cena was 100% right in what he said as i would hear The Rock say how much he loved his wrestling fan's for years yet couldn't find time in his schedule to make one single appearance even if just to say hello like John Cena said.
Would you do the same? Look at Austin's career.

·
Registered
229 Posts

Thank You so fucking much, people are all of a sudden going mental he's back wen forgetting that he didnt wanna be associated with the business that made him great. I LOVE the fact that he is back but I just think that people shouldnt forget how much he distanced himself from the business. There are alot of people saying that The Rock was right about Cena on Monday night however, how many would say that Cena was right about the Rock - 1% due to hero worship and blindness.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Yes fair enough Stone Cold Steve Austin's film career has gone the same way as Hulk Hogan's film career did but then Stone Cold Steve Austin much like Hulk Hogan didn't then turn away from the business that put them where they were in the first place. I'm sorry but all of this hero worship for The Rock is complete bullshit because from 2001 onwards he worked a part time schedule and then left for good in 2003 bar one match a year later but yet said how much he loved his fan's yet couldn't make one single appearance.

I love The Rock and love the fact that he is back yet when he says he is never going away again i do not for one second believe it because as soon as he needs to promote a film or go away and shoot another film he will be gone again and then The IWC and the fan's around the world will say "The Rock is a sellout" yet again. It is amazing how fickle people are because the same people that slated The Rock for leaving are now the one's saying how much they love him and proclaim his the saviour of wrestling which he is not.

As much as i despise Hulk Hogan i will never deny the fact that he would always come back to wrestling and never tried to become a serious actor at the cost of almost denying where he came from beforehand and Stone Cold Steve Austin always knew that wrestling put him where he is today and always made appearances regardless of how it made him look in Hollywood. The Rock on the other hand has said that he wrestled and made a name for himself in a industry that he did love but admittedly used his stature to pursue a career in Hollywood and then never wanted anything to do with wrestling once he was doing well with his film career.

Now in The Rock's promo's he said that out of the blue John Cena had talked trash about him but John Cena whether you love him or hate him spoke the absolute truth and said what people had said on these forums and all over the internet for seven long years but because of how fickle people are it is now ok to laugh at John Cena and bash him for saying in public what people say whilst hiding behind their computers. What John Cena said is not something that has come out of the blue at all and had The Undertaker said what John Cena said then he would be praised for loving WWE and being unhappy that The Rock had said how much he loves WWE fan's but couldn't be bothered to come back even once.

Anyone who honestly believes that The Rock is back for good or even back for longer than WrestleMania 28 i am afraid is deluded and hang on every word that The Rock says rather than being intelligent to see the truth which is The Rock has come back because his film career right now is doing nothing and hosting WrestleMania is a great way to get back in the public eye. Now that he has returned and there is a possibility of Cena/Rock which EVERYONE is talking about The Rock is now a major focus in the public eye again but people need to really look at everything and see that The Rock's promo was quite possibly the worst kind of self promotion i have ever seen in WWE and he destroyed John Cena for telling the truth whilst making himself out to be a saint and the saviour and somehow managed to convince people that he really loved the fans after seven years away whilst John Cena works non stop for WWE and could go down the same path as The Rock but has always refused.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes fair enough Stone Cold Steve Austin's film career has gone the same way as Hulk Hogan's film career did but then Stone Cold Steve Austin much like Hulk Hogan didn't then turn away from the business that put them where they were in the first place. I'm sorry but all of this hero worship for The Rock is complete bullshit because from 2001 onwards he worked a part time schedule and then left for good in 2003 bar one match a year later but yet said how much he loved his fan's yet couldn't make one single appearance.

I love The Rock and love the fact that he is back yet when he says he is never going away again i do not for one second believe it because as soon as he needs to promote a film or go away and shoot another film he will be gone again and then The IWC and the fan's around the world will say "The Rock is a sellout" yet again. It is amazing how fickle people are because the same people that slated The Rock for leaving are now the one's saying how much they love him and proclaim his the saviour of wrestling which he is not.

As much as i despise Hulk Hogan i will never deny the fact that he would always come back to wrestling and never tried to become a serious actor at the cost of almost denying where he came from beforehand and Stone Cold Steve Austin always knew that wrestling put him where he is today and always made appearances regardless of how it made him look in Hollywood. The Rock on the other hand has said that he wrestled and made a name for himself in a industry that he did love but admittedly used his stature to pursue a career in Hollywood and then never wanted anything to do with wrestling once he was doing well with his film career.

Now in The Rock's promo's he said that out of the blue John Cena had talked trash about him but John Cena whether you love him or hate him spoke the absolute truth and said what people had said on these forums and all over the internet for seven long years but because of how fickle people are it is now ok to laugh at John Cena and bash him for saying in public what people say whilst hiding behind their computers. What John Cena said is not something that has come out of the blue at all and had The Undertaker said what John Cena said then he would be praised for loving WWE and being unhappy that The Rock had said how much he loves WWE fan's but couldn't be bothered to come back even once.

Anyone who honestly believes that The Rock is back for good or even back for longer than WrestleMania 28 i am afraid is deluded and hang on every word that The Rock says rather than being intelligent to see the truth which is The Rock has come back because his film career right now is doing nothing and hosting WrestleMania is a great way to get back in the public eye. Now that he has returned and there is a possibility of Cena/Rock which EVERYONE is talking about The Rock is now a major focus in the public eye again but people need to really look at everything and see that The Rock's promo was quite possibly the worst kind of self promotion i have ever seen in WWE and he destroyed John Cena for telling the truth whilst making himself out to be a saint and the saviour and somehow managed to convince people that he really loved the fans after seven years away whilst John Cena works non stop for WWE and could go down the same path as The Rock but has always refused.
YES YES YES - However I warn you, prepared to get flamed people don't like it when you bash the rock -

·
Registered
4,591 Posts

Like you said The Rock had to prove that he make it in Hollywood without any of WWE's backing so he needed a clean break.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bang on. It's pathetic to see the cockriding Rock gets from his fanboys. They seriously can't stand it when someone speaks the truth about their hero just like Cena did all these past few years.
Lol what you dont get is, the rock, the greatest superstar in wwe history has returned and all the fanboys have a right to be excited. You think they actually care about what cena said. We just wanna see him cut some bad ass promos and be 'the rock'.

Tbh you sound all butt hurt that the rock is getting so much attention, your probably a lil kid, bow down to the miz.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Lol what you dont get is, the rock, the greatest superstar in wwe history has returned and all the fanboys have a right to be excited. You think they actually care about what cena said. We just wanna see him cut some bad ass promos and be 'the rock'.

Tbh you sound all butt hurt that the rock is getting so much attention, your probably a lil kid, bow down to the miz.
Sorry. I'm not a little kid and were not talking bout his promo's were talking about him ignoring the business that made him great. FYI hogan or Flair is the best ever, and seriously its an opnion thats wat forums are for not to have to see someone like you rubbish it coz you dont agree with it.

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
I just wanna know where the hell you guys are getting the urge to say The Rock's film career isn't going well. Are you sh1tting. Dude is an established movie star now. He has a shitload of movies coming along. He's in Disney movies and is about to be in one of the summer's bigger blockbuster hit 'Fast 5'. All his movies make money, fukk all the critical acclaim shit. He has another 3 films yet to come out in theater.http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0425005/

You ever thought maybe he's coming back because he um.........how can I say this; wants to? You ever thought of that. He has established himself as actor. The Rock has done exactly what he said he was going to do. Comeback some capacity. And he's been saying this for the longest. So WHY SO SERIOUSSSAH!

·
Harley's Circus
2,591 Posts
LOL at the Rock not acknowledging the WWE for how long?............you know its one thing to take it as an insult when hes in a completely different profession now but to say that hes not representing them when the majority of the people in Hollywood know him by "The Rock" and not Dwayne Johnson the guy who was in Tooth Fairy thats just ridiculous.

I can tell you for sure Cena never spoke for me and I'm sure his necessity for calling out the Rock back then came from a less then sincere place in regards to the business.

·
No Cena is good Cena
2,452 Posts

Good God man! Periods make rambling comments more coherent by separating thoughts and ending sentences. Anyway the Rock's doing just fine in Hollywood. He's miles ahead of any other ex-wrestler.

I wouldn't lose sleep over Austin's movie career either. He starred in The Expendables alongside Stallone last year and is signed on for the sequel. He's getting handed the action movie star torch by legends. Not too shabby.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.