Wrestling Forum banner

The Rock- A Better Memory?

589 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  MJAllstar
Ok bear with me guys....

When the Rock returned a few weeks back, i marked out like crazy and thought his promo was one of the very best over the past couple of years, he brought some "Attitude" back to RAW.
However since then i personally have found his promos lacking a bit....

I am a huge huge rock fan, he is one of my favs of all time, however i'm just undecided right now, if it was better to keep Rock as a good memory.... The Rock's character was perfect for the Era he wrestled in... im just wondering if the WWE and things have moved on a bit since then?

Should we be looking to the future and just remember the past?

For the WWE and VInce, Having The Rocks name associated with the company is great business for them, but on a pure entertainment level im not sure it works today.

This is completely personal opinion and im not preaching a right or wrong view, im just intrigued to see what peoples views are....
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
You’re saying the first promo Rock cut was reminiscent of the Attitude Era and it’s been lacking since? I might be wrong, but has he been live since? I’d be less in favour of having the Rock a memory (However brilliant a memory that is) and more in favour of cutting the satellite feeds. Live or nothing. He’s absolutely dynamite live. He can feed off the crowd, he reads their reactions and appears more pumped up. It’s an interactive experience live.

He still has it. Just make sure it’s live.

· Banned
4,205 Posts
Ok bear with me guys....

When the Rock returned a few weeks back, i marked out like crazy and thought his promo was one of the very best over the past couple of years, he brought some "Attitude" back to RAW.
However since then i personally have found his promos lacking a bit....

I am a huge huge rock fan, he is one of my favs of all time, however i'm just undecided right now, if it was better to keep Rock as a good memory.... The Rock's character was perfect for the Era he wrestled in... im just wondering if the WWE and things have moved on a bit since then?

Should we be looking to the future and just remember the past?

For the WWE and VInce, Having The Rocks name associated with the company is great business for them, but on a pure entertainment level im not sure it works today.

This is completely personal opinion and im not preaching a right or wrong view, im just intrigued to see what peoples views are....
So this fued isnt entertaining?

· Registered
2,372 Posts
You’re saying the first promo Rock cut was reminiscent of the Attitude Era and it’s been lacking since? I might be wrong, but has he been live since? I’d be less in favour of having the Rock a memory (However brilliant a memory that is) and more in favour of cutting the satellite feeds. Live or nothing. He’s absolutely dynamite live. He can feed off the crowd, he reads their reactions and appears more pumped up. It’s an interactive experience live.

He still has it. Just make sure it’s live.
I think that's the problem. We'll just wait for him to show up live, that will clear the things up.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think you could be right... maybe it is because he hasn't been live since.... maybe the satellite feeds just aren't working. I completely agree about crowd interaction, it seems to be less and less these days and i really enjoyed it when the crowd were dissing Miz last night and he just replied with "are you done?" or similiar....

It seems these days, superstars come out and deliver their promo and get out....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.