Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that "Dashing" Cody Rhodes has been relegated to jobber status on Smackdown after getting buried by the Big Show, I see Rhodes getting "future endeavored" by spring. He has been taken a back seat by the likes of Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, and Jack Swagger plus, Vince McMahon isn't very high on Dusty Rhodes' son. What do you think?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Everyone gets buried when feuding with Big Show though. I don't see him get released anytime soon or in the spring.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Wow, coming from what highly appears to be a DCR fan...

Come on Rachel, at least it wasn't a "legit" loss (it was a countout for crying out loud). Hopefully next week we get to see the result of this match with Dashing coming up on top. Like someone previously said, Big Show is in no position to go over people.

Reactions: Chadwick Winebarger

·
Registered
148 Posts
The problem with feuding with Big Show is that no matter what, you will look like shit afterwards.

Unless you're Cena, Undertaker or one of the other big names. He can't be used to help new stars. Just ask Jack Swagger.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Now that "Dashing" Cody Rhodes has been relegated to jobber status
:confused:

You lost me there. I think you have mistaken him for Ted DiBiase. If anything, Cody has been booked quite strong since he moved to Smackdown, despite having lackluster tag team title reign with Drew and being quite directionless throughout 2010, he barely lost a match, he's successfully established his gimmick, and he has slowly gained good heat every week, not to mention he's still 25, there's no way they will release one of their future prospects. His feud with Big Show hasn't even finished yet...and nobody wins against Show these days anyway, Cody losing to him won't hurt him that much. Cody's time in the spotlight will come eventually, there's nothing to be worried about.

Reactions: LBGetBack

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
LOL Dashing is 25, they're not that stupid to release him.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see Cody competing on Superstars this week against maybe Chris Masters, JTG, or Trent Barreta. I don't see him competing on Smackdown due to the fact that Rey Mysterio faces Alberto Del Rio in a 2 out of 3 falls match and Edge taking on Kane for the World Heavyweight Championship. Add a Big Show & Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger tag team match plus a Divas match means that Rhodes will be lost in the shuffle. But there will be a grooming tip to make up for Rhodes not having a match on Smackdown this week.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I see Cody competing on Superstars this week against maybe Chris Masters, JTG, or Trent Barreta. I don't see him competing on Smackdown due to the fact that Rey Mysterio faces Alberto Del Rio in a 2 out of 3 falls match and Edge taking on Kane for the World Heavyweight Championship. Add a Big Show & Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger tag team match plus a Divas match means that Rhodes will be lost in the shuffle. But there will be a grooming tip to make up for Rhodes not having a match on Smackdown this week.
Hmmm... this does seem like a typical way that the 'E does this sort of thing.
On the contrary, I can't see it. AT LEAST a promo or backstage segment or something. Because it'll be dumb to go a week without mentioning the Rhodes/Show feud, and then going back to it a week after.

But here's one thing that came to mind. If Rhodes does go over, where will he land? A chase to the IC Title? A Feud with Drew?

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Ok...just no. Cody has been put in a feud with Big Show, who is a main eventer/upper mid carder. If anything (jobbing or not), it is a step forward for Cody. Like LegendaryBazinga said, that is the problem with feuding with Big Show - the opponent looks like shit after. Well...at least when Big Show is a face. But the fact remains the same: Cody is feuding with a main eventer/upper mid carder.

Honestly, I think Cody will end up eliminating Big Show in the Rumble in some fashion. WWE has obviously been happy with the way his "Dashing" gimmick has been going as he has been getting loads of TV time and he has been (up until this current feud with Big Show) being booked very strong for a heel. I believe there was a period there for a number of months where Cody was picking up clean pinfalls basically every week on Smackdown.

So OP, don't fret...and stay dashing!

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,808 Posts
As stated, he's beginning/in a feud with an established upper mid-carder in Big Show.

They're high on him, so I don't understand the negativity here.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
If big show can put his pride down for one second and let cody gain something from this I will be happy. It took a while for cm punk to come back from his burial.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
^^^^^ dude your avatar when the hell did otunga do that LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Hmmm... this does seem like a typical way that the 'E does this sort of thing.
On the contrary, I can't see it. AT LEAST a promo or backstage segment or something. Because it'll be dumb to go a week without mentioning the Rhodes/Show feud, and then going back to it a week after.

But here's one thing that came to mind. If Rhodes does go over, where will he land? A chase to the IC Title? A Feud with Drew?
That should have happened right after WWE ended there tag team. WWE should have really pulled the trigger on that feud because look at where they are now Drew is doing backstage promos with Kelly Kelly and Cody is getting buried by Big Show

1 - 20 of 88 Posts