Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 804 Posts

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
Powers Boothe dead

LOS ANGELES – Powers Boothe, the character actor known for his villain roles in TV's "Deadwood," and in the movies "Tombstone," ''Sin City" and "The Avengers," has died. He was 68.

Boothe's publicist says he died of natural causes at his home in Los Angeles Sunday.

Beau Bridges tweeted the news and called him "a dear friend, great actor, devoted father and husband."

The veteran actor won an Emmy award in 1980 for playing cult leader Jim Jones in the TV movie "Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones." He also had memorable roles playing the ruthless saloon owner Cy Tolliver in "Deadwood," the gunman Curly Bill Brocius in "Tombstone" and the corrupt senator in "Sin City."

A private service will be held in Texas where he was from.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/05/15/powers-boothe-known-for-villain-roles-in-deadwood-and-sin-city-dies-at-68.amp.html

RIP, he played a great role in 24 too as Noah Daniels

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Re: Powers Boothe dead

Wow, I just watched him in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and he was awesome, RIP

Reactions: 2 Ton 21

·
Banned
1,894 Posts

Aw heck, I'm a big Powers Boothe fan. I enjoyed him in The Guyana Tragedy, Southern Comfort, Red Dawn, The Emerald Forest, Extreme Prejudice, Philip Marlowe: Private Eye, Rapid Fire, Tombstone, Sudden Death, U-Turn, Frailty, Sin City, Deadwood, and 24. He will be missed. RIP

Check out an early clip of Powers Boothe as the Hankie Salesman in Cruising.

·
Premium Member
9,416 Posts

Copying from the RIP thread.

:mj2

Why are the great character actors dying? Paxton, Michael Parks a few days ago. now him,

He had so many unforgettable roles and he was only 68. One of the most powerful and recognizable voices in movies and TV. This one hurts.

First clip is from Walter Hill's Extreme Prejudice. Kind of a forgotten movie, that I really enjoyed. He's a great villain in it, like always.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,211 Posts

He was awesome. Loved him in Tombstone, Sin City, and Deadwood. He also did some voice work too. Rest in peace.

·
Premium Member
9,647 Posts

RIP. He was always such an awesome villain.

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
@2 Ton 21 First Michael Parks, now Powers Boothe. :vincecry

The timing of his passing is so weird because I had genuinely just started re-watching Deadwood the other day. :sad:

I wonder if this will have an impact on the Deadwood movie. Can they continue without Cy Tolliver? Could they change it so Joanie Stubbs is now running the Bella Union? David Milch will definitely need to do another draft of the script if they want to proceed.

·
Premium Member
9,416 Posts
@2 Ton 21 First Michael Parks, now Powers Boothe. :vincecry

The timing of his passing is so weird because I had genuinely just started re-watching Deadwood the other day. :sad:

I wonder if this will have an impact on the Deadwood movie. Can they continue without Cy Tolliver? Could they change it so Joanie Stubbs is now running the Bella Union? David Milch will definitely need to do another draft of the script if they want to proceed.
I need to re-watch Deadwood.

I thought about him playing Cy in the movie too. It's going to leave a hole. Fuck HBO for taking so long to get it going.

I can see Joanie taking over the Bella Union, but it would be a backslide for her character considering where season 3 left her.

Did you know Tess, the prostitute that was usually with Cy, was played by Powers' daughter Parisse? You can see the family resemblance.

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
I can see Joanie taking over the Bella Union, but it would be a backslide for her character considering where season 3 left her.
That's a good point. I was just trying to think of a way they could possibly salvage the unfortunate situation. His absence is going to be difficult to navigate, I don't envy David Milch's task at the moment.

Did you know Tess, the prostitute that was usually with Cy, was played by Powers' daughter Parisse?
I actually didn't know that. She's a bonnie lass.

141 - 160 of 804 Posts