1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hello there are 2 different points of view regarding this point.

Firstly some people that because of his size that his movement will be limited compared to slightly smaller wrestlers . However according to WWE website his weight is 222lb so mobility should not be a problem .

Furthermore some people question Jinder quick rise to the top from when was in 3MB and was let go by the WWE and his time on RAW when he came back . But as they say anything can happen in the WWE. Lincoln City FC had a good cup run beating premier league Burnley. It is all about when you get your chance and waht you do with it.

Yours

Farhan

·
Registered
531 Posts
Dunno about "working big time" as SD live ratings have been the lowest it has been in 2017 (albeit not all down to Jinder) but I'm glad that atleast they are giving superstars chances and opportunities.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
I thought the heat was from being pushed from jobber to title match in a matter of weeks. I mean, I personally LOVE this whole Jinder push (if it were used against someone like Mojo or Zayn). and THEN you have him win MiTB. Now we're talking my kinda storytelling.

this is just TOO unbelievable for me to get behind.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
How many Jinder Mahal fans does it take to fix a light bulb?

Both of them.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
These threads are cancer, I swear. After he loses to Orton, he'll never get a world title shot again and these threads will die a quick much needed death.

Mahal even getting this title shot in the first place is the equivalent of giving Epico and Curt Hawkins a world title shot tomorrow (with 0 build up). A jobber transitioning this quickly makes no sense and is just a waste of everyone's time. Really goes to show how the rosters are lacking big time too.

·
Registered
9,985 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
https://theringer.com/jinder-mahal-wwe-backlash-heel-main-event-star-269a2ea054f0

I think he nails it on the head. He's getting a lot of hatred from the smark fanbase that wants their flippy vanilla indy midgets to dominate the main event scene. Can't wait to see them crying when the Maharaja wins the granddaddy of them all this Sunday!
Why would they be crying? They aren't watching this shit. New Japan's BOSJ is happening right now. Plenty of flips to be seen there.

The Indian Geek vs The House of Horrors Bore. What a fucking match! fpalm

·
Redesign. Rebuild. Reclaim.
1,254 Posts
I think it would be cool if he won, thought I don't see it happening sadly. I enjoy seeing different things happen on the main roster, this being one of them.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
How is it a waste of time?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Same reason making Ahmed Johnson the WWF Champion would have been a waste of time.

But I'm sure USA is thrilled that Smackdown, whose numbers they specifically asked WWE to improve, is doing so poorly because of splendid ideas like these.

From Cena VS AJ to Boreton VS Jinder Mahal. Brilliant.

·
Registered
24,694 Posts
Same reason making Ahmed Johnson the WWF Champion would have been a waste of time.

But I'm sure USA is thrilled that Smackdown, whose numbers they specifically asked WWE to improve, is doing so poorly because of splendid ideas like these.

From Cena VS AJ to Boreton VS Jinder Mahal. Brilliant.
I mean SDLs numbers were falling before Jinder so that reasoning is piss poor. As far as Ahmed Johnson I was watching WCW then I know he was injury prone, but if he was over why couldn't he be champ? If it's a waste of time there should be a reason why besides hardcore fans don't feel he's earned it and he's not a darling.

I mean the fact that he could be of great help in a foreign market seems clearly worth it business wise. The fact that he's getting booed by casuals and smarks as a heel should be enough reason to see where it's goes.

I'm not arguing against it being out of nowhere. But it being out of nowhere and a waste of time are not the same things. So again why is this a waste of time?

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
I'm not arguing against it being out of nowhere. But it being out of nowhere and a waste of time are not the same things. So again why is this a waste of time?

It all depends on how it ends up. If he ends up at least a decent midcarder, I'd say it wasn't really a waste of time. But if he goes back to jobbing, it would be. And I guess that's what most people predict, hence why people already say it's a waste of time.

·
Registered
24,694 Posts
It all depends on how it ends up. If he ends up at least a decent midcarder, I'd say it wasn't really a waste of time. But if he goes back to jobbing, it would be. And I guess that's what most people predict, hence why people already say it's a waste of time.
I guess for me I'm just not opposed to the occasional jobber shot. Me I don't look at when Hardcore Holly had that mini feud with Brock as a waste of time. Granted it was a return from injury angle, but same point stands as far as immediately plummetting back down.

But I don't think Jinder goes back to being super jobber, I think he becomes a midcard heel mainstay. You already got an easy to write feud with Handsome Rusev waiting after this feud. Not to mention he's Indian and they really want in that market. Khali got a massive push and he was immobile, with Jinder at least being able to work a match I can easily see him getting that "he's from a foreign market he had to be competent" push.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts