Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain what the situation was with Riley attacking the wrong person or something? Or a video of it.

I've seen it mentioned a few times but I've never been a big fan of NXT and have no idea what it's referring too.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Basically on the finale of NXT2, the NXT rookies that got eliminated were supposed to gang up and beatdown on Kaval. During the struggle for some reason, Alex Riley attacked Percy Watson and hit his finisher on him. After they had beat Kaval down successfully, Alex Riley & Percy Watson were celebrating together.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
^ what he said, the whole thing was a mess though, just do a search on youtube for NXT2 finale

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lmao, now I see.

It looks like Riley was getting beatdown by MVP and just went for the nearest black guy afterwards. Hah.

Thanks.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Best part of the entire finale was Titus O'Neil no-selling MVP's drive-by kick. Still makes me lol.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Michael McGillicutty's promo was a foreshadowing of things to come.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
It was like a train wreck. And how Riley still managaed to keep his job and constantly appear next to the WWE Champion is beyond me. The man botched something that even kids would notice.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
It's one of the greatest segments in the history of WWE. It's like Riley had a stroke or something and couldn't figure out what was happening, and since all black people look alike, he just grabbed the nearest one and beat the holy hell out of him, then celebrated with him 2 minutes later. That, coupled with O'Neil's no-sell on MVP and McGillicutty's incoherent staggering mess of a promo, makes it one of the most wonderful WWE videos around. The best part is that (IMO) they wanted McGillicutty to lead a new Nexus-esque faction with the NXT2 guys called Genesis, but after figuring out that one can't sell, one can't speak, and one hates all black people, WWE just scrapped the whole thing.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
If there was a Slammy for "WTF" Moment of the Year, the NXT Season 2 Finale would have been the winner, and Alex Riley and Michael McGillicutty would have accepted the award.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
It's one of the greatest segments in the history of WWE. It's like Riley had a stroke or something and couldn't figure out what was happening, and since all black people look alike, he just grabbed the nearest one and beat the holy hell out of him, then celebrated with him 2 minutes later. That, coupled with O'Neil's no-sell on MVP and McGillicutty's incoherent staggering mess of a promo, makes it one of the most wonderful WWE videos around. The best part is that (IMO) they wanted McGillicutty to lead a new Nexus-esque faction with the NXT2 guys called Genesis, but after figuring out that one can't sell, one can't speak, and one hates all black people, WWE just scrapped the whole thing.
If you think it's good on it's own try watching it like this

http://tubedubber.com/#pUfyZhcbwGg:xDO0afWNH5E:0:100:240:0:true

:lmao

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Anyone wo seriously thinks Riley is a racist because he attacked Watson is a fucking idiot. It's obvious Riley's botch is that he thought Watson was a face, how the hell could you confuse a bald head, red glasses wearing Watson with MVP despite them being both black? In fact, Watson is the true fuckup, not only did he go along with it as Riley was beating him, but he decided to go back into the ring and celebrate with them later. Had he half a mind, it could have been sold as Riley no longer needing the obnoxious nerd, so he beat the crap out of him and threw him out.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I wonder what the production guys were saying backstage when it all happened...maybe riley had laid back a few drinks before hitting the ring and attacking watson

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
If there was a Slammy for "WTF" Moment of the Year, the NXT Season 2 Finale would have been the winner, and Alex Riley and Michael McGillicutty would have accepted the award.
I would've marked if they'd had Mike Macgillicutty's final promo in the video package for Cole's "And I Quote" award. They could have used it in the "Moment of the Year" award as well.

Dropped the ball twice there, production truck guy.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
I would've marked if they'd had Mike Macgillicutty's final promo in the video package for Cole's "And I Quote" award. They could have used it in the "Moment of the Year" award as well.

Dropped the ball twice there, production truck guy.
It would have taken up half the show. :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts