Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brothers Cody Rhodes & Goldust have been the new WWE tag team champions for over a week now. And it's something that we thought that we would never see happen. The storyline with these guys is the biggest thing in the WWE right now along the lines with the Bryan-Orton feud. But with Cody & Goldust tag team title reign being centered around the storyline of the Rhodes dynasty vs the McMahon's (with Triple H). Where does that leave the rest of the WWE tag team division?

Guys like the Usos, PTP, Tons of Funk, 3MB, ECT. Guys who have been in line for months to earn a crack at the tag team belts. Only to get sidestepped by Cody Rhodes & Goldust due to a flaming storyline. The same thing happened with Team Hell No holding the tag team titles for the same reason. Dr. Shelby is no Dusty Rhodes though. So now the WWE tag team division is on freeze mode once again.

So after and when the Rhodes dynasty does finally drop the tag team titles. Which team should they drop them to and why that team?

·
Administrator
59,226 Posts
Uh, no they're not. They are about to do a triple threat tag title match at the PPV with actual significance. When was the last time they did that? If anything this storyline has helped the division because there is actual storyline for once.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I don't see how this much coverage can be bad for the division.... ever since Hell No won the titles they have been prominently featured.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Brothers Cody Rhodes & Goldust have been the new WWE tag team champions for over a week now. And it's something that we thought that we would never see happen. The storyline with these guys is the biggest thing in the WWE right now along the lines with the Bryan-Orton feud. But with Cody & Goldust tag team title reign being centered around the storyline of the Rhodes dynasty vs the McMahon's (with Triple H). Where does that leave the rest of the WWE tag team division?

Guys like the Usos, PTP, Tons of Funk, 3MB, ECT. Guys who have been in line for months to earn a crack at the tag team belts. Only to get sidestepped by Cody Rhodes & Goldust due to a flaming storyline. The same thing happened with Team Hell No holding the tag team titles for the same reason. Dr. Shelby is no Dusty Rhodes though. So now the WWE tag team division is on freeze mode once again.

So after and when the Rhodes dynasty does finally drop the tag team titles. Which team should they drop them to and why that team?
Oh the horror of a scripted entertainment being dictated by storylines!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
What tag team division?

And, OP, if you think 3mb deserves a shot at the tag team titles because they've been around so long is a croc. You don't wait for the boat of success to come pick you up, you swim out to it.

Current tag team division is a fucking joke. Rhodes/Goldust only reason why the belts have legitmacy at the moment. Tag teams suck now no one cares thanks a lot Vince.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
ANYTHING is better than the Shield dragging the belts futher into the ground. Ambrose needs to give his up as well. Until these guys break up and get some more life zapped into them I hope none of them touch another belt until they have built strong solo personalities. The US belt has been all but forgotten. And the Tag belts rarely were defended because they always wound up in DQs and then 3v3 matches.

Its a step in the right direction. The Rhodes winning the belts surpassed the Orton and Bryan feud IMO as that is getting stale and the CM Punk Heyman angle is all but snoozing.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
From what happened on Raw, I can't think of a time in at least the last couple of years where the tag team championship meant so much. It's helped elevate the division if anything.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
A storyline! Oh no, we can't have that, WE WANT WRESTLING DAMMIT! HOW DARE YOU GIVE US STORIES AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!

I think they'll lose the belts to The Wyatt CLAN anyway.

Oh by the way, who are ETC?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
From what happened on Raw, I can't think of a time in at least the last couple of years where the tag team championship meant so much. It's helped elevate the division if anything.
I think the last time it meant so much was when DX was feuding against Jerishow...

And even if that's a good thing that they won, we still can't say that they elevated the division. Look at The Shield title run, it helped the tag team division to have more importance but in the end, all of them lost so it's not like they were a huge team. This is why I hope The Usos are going to win this Sunday, so the tag team titles are out of the storyline and they can focus on the division. We have The Usos, PTP, The Real Americans, Los Matadores, 3MB, International Airstrike once Tyson Kidd will come back. So much talent that could give us a very good tag team division.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Well, if Mark Henry hadn't gotten injured at a house show, the tag team champions would've been The World's Strongest Show, we wouldn't have been put through the Big Show cryfest and storyline hijacking of the WWE title picture, and Cody and Dustin would've probably been feuding against each other instead of together against Rollins and Reigns.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Uh, no they're not. They are about to do a triple threat tag title match at the PPV with actual significance. When was the last time they did that? If anything this storyline has helped the division because there is actual storyline for once.
Exactly I agree it gives the tag titles some actual genuine build and be on PPV

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
Man you have to build a Tag Team up....which they've done with RHODES BROS...The Uso's got a clean win over the SHIELD..with one of them pinning Roman Reigns. That's 3 teams who are getting a chance to show their stuff, I think they're on the right track. I don't know if WWE could have too much going on with tagteams. Might be too much for the creative nerds to write material for several tag teams.

Maybe see if The USO's can gain steam,that way you could throw up the Real Americans for a fued with them. SHIELD and Cody, and Goldust aren't going to be a team for much longer. Tag Team is more interesting than the IC/US..level/division whatever you wanna call it. Dean Ambrose gets more time standing ringside interfering than he does defending his belts it seems like.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts