Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know, before BFG, the KO's division has been booked around the BP, thus making the in-ring action utter shit, they were overexposed and became the female version of the nWo(1998-1999 version). Now with the arrival of Mickie and Katie, seems like the division finally has a direction.

Mickie had a decent match with Sarita, and IMO it felt fresh because 99% of the KOs matches this year featured the BP.

This is how the division is looking:

Main picture with Mickie/Madison/Tara

2nd feud with Katie Lea/Angelina

And Ms T wanting to wrestle.

Your thoughts?

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far Mickie has delivered good promos, and I was even surprised that there was a Sarita promo. The KO match was around 4-5 mins which is decent compared to the 2 mins matches from months ago.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I was hoping so, they've signed a lot of new girl and moved Ms. T.
I hope they don't cut any of my favorites.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Agree 100%, just posted something like this in my Impact review. The KO division has had a "fresher" feel to it as of late, and it seems like TNA's getting back to what made the division so great in the first place: Solid in-ring action and diverse characters.

Now that Mickie's come in and Madison's emerged as a top-notch heel, the division has what every good division needs, and that's a popular fan-favorite face, and an alpha heel.

Here's hoping they can keep this up, since their last attempt to spice things up (The Sarita/Taylor split and feud) kinda fizzled out, though TNA tries to keep it relevant whenever they get the chance.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Revival of the KO division? Isn't it still centered around TBP just with Mickie and Katie? Aside from Sarita who was just used to put Mickie over, the rest of the Knockouts still have nothing to do. There's the tag team belt, but can there be enough people to actually use that title properly? If you can't use them, why keep them around?

·
Registered
720 Posts
TBP is Taking a Backseat,Hopefully ms. T will go away once Serena Deeb comes in!! Its a fresh feel to the KO division and they are building it back up..

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Revival of the KO division? Isn't it still centered around TBP just with Mickie and Katie? Aside from Sarita who was just used to put Mickie over, the rest of the Knockouts still have nothing to do. There's the tag team belt, but can there be enough people to actually use that title properly? If you can't use them, why keep them around?
BP arent even in the title hunt(TNA hasnt mentioned Angelina's rematch clause at all)

Main picture is Mickie/Madison/Tara.

Madison is one of the few tna wrestling that get heat(Besides Immortals)

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
I was fine with it as it was with TBP as the focus but now theyre signing more of them which means less TBP and overall more tv time for them and less for the young TNA guys which isnt good at all.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I don't want Miss James beeing the Champion... TNA is trying to give her everything for free... Just because she is popular... And what about Sarita, Daffney, Hamada, Taylor? They are not seen... I fear the day when Daffney and even Hamada will job to Mickie... I don't have a problem with her, but I think, the real TNA KO should be first... And no Mickie. Everything in TNA is about to use names instead of skills... What Vince is doing to Jillian and Natalya and did to Katie, I fear will happen to Hamada too... The best will stay unknown, and the big names will be the champion... *sigh

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I think BP have taken a bit of a backseat lately^..
^And to elaborate on your statement, Optikk, that's how it should be. Neither Angelina nor Velvet have shown anything that would justify them being the centerpieces of the KO division. TNA has given both of them a chance to shine in the past, and unlike Madison, who took her chance and ran with it, it could be argued that the original BP members actually regressed in terms of growth, both in-ring and in character.

Just look at them in-ring. Velvet's gotten so bad lately, that it could be argued that she's now only marginally better than Lacey. And Angelina, who has talent, has made herself into a very mediocre wrestler, both in personality and wrestling skills. I, for one, don't ever want to see Angelina near the title scene by herself again, unless she proves that she can actually bring something to the table other than looks. KO Tag Titles should be the farthest the BP go in that division for a long time.

TNA made the mistake of assuming that Velvet and Angelina's success as a team would translate well into other areas, like being the centerpieces of the division. In Angelina's case, that area was as champion. A division nearly died because of that mistake. I'm hoping that TNA has finally gotten the message, and are going to take the steps necessary to successfully rebuild that division.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I don't want Miss James beeing the Champion... TNA is trying to give her everything for free... Just because she is popular... And what about Sarita, Daffney, Hamada, Taylor? They are not seen... I fear the day when Daffney and even Hamada will job to Mickie... I don't have a problem with her, but I think, the real TNA KO should be first... And no Mickie. Everything in TNA is about to use names instead of skills... What Vince is doing to Jillian and Natalya and did to Katie, I fear will happen to Hamada too... The best will stay unknown, and the big names will be the champion... *sigh
Hamada doesnt speak english,thats wants holding her back...Sarita does alot on Xplosions and shes good..to be honest Nobody really cares about Taylor Wilde..Im not sure about Daffney last I heard she got hurt in a Dark Match against Rosie Lotta Love..Mickie James is going to become the KO Champion its only a matter of time..

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hamada doesnt speak english,thats wants holding her back...Sarita does alot on Xplosions and shes good..to be honest Nobody really cares about Taylor Wilde..Im not sure about Daffney last I heard she got hurt in a Dark Match against Rosie Lotta Love..Mickie James is going to become the KO Champion its only a matter of time..
Taylor and Daffney are still better than Mickie, that is my personal opinion... I don't care what Mickie Fans have to say about it... Daffney is not injured anymore, she is just not needed... And Taylor is a good competitor... You say nobody cares... Ok, but it doesn't make her an awful wrestler... WWE would be glad if they had someone like Taylor... I don't think Mickie is what the KO need... They should rehire Roxxy if they want a draw. Or they should get ODB and use her correctly.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Taylor and Daffney are still better than Mickie, that is my personal opinion... I don't care what Mickie Fans have to say about it... Daffney is not injured anymore, she is just not needed... And Taylor is a good competitor... You say nobody cares... Ok, but it doesn't make her an awful wrestler... WWE would be glad if they had someone like Taylor... I don't think Mickie is what the KO need... They should rehire Roxxy if they want a draw. Or O.D.B.
Taylor Wilde already sign a deal with the WWE and she couldnt even get out of thier developmental territory....Mickie James is more of a Draw then Roxxy or O.D.B. bc Casuals fans know who Mickie James Is..

·
Registered
593 Posts
Taylor Wilde already sign a deal with the WWE and she couldnt even get out of thier developmental territory....Mickie James is more of a Draw then Roxxy or O.D.B. bc Casuals fans know who Mickie James Is..
As I said... Get back ODB and Roxxy... Give Hamada a chance fighting for the KO Title and see how it works... Give her an translator... Like Great Khali had Ranjid Singh... I don't care... Everything is better than reusing Mickie.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
The James/Sarita match actually showed how worryingly the current KO situation is. If you watched Xplosion you will know why, their Impact match was absolutely the same bump by bump, move by move, I mean pro wrestlers are supposed to wrestle different matches all the time, not rehash the same stuff virtually 100%. The only difference was the shorter match length.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Honestly, "Hamada doesn't speak English" is not a good excuse at all for how she's booked currently.

For one, she speaks Spanish. TNA has a Spanish show, announcers, interviewers, etc.

Two, a manager could easily fix that. I mean, WWE has been able to book "foreign" wrestlers well plenty of times throughout their history. TNA even did with Kong, and she speaks perfect English. So now, TNA can't do that for Hamada?

Three, she's the best freakin' wrestler in the KO roster, book her like that!

Now, if the problem is that she's the most costly KO on the roster, then I could definitely see why they aren't using her.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
The James/Sarita match actually showed how worryingly the current KO situation is. If you watched Xplosion you will know why, their Impact match was absolutely the same bump by bump, move by move, I mean pro wrestlers are supposed to wrestle different matches all the time, not rehash the same stuff virtually 100%. The only difference was the shorter match length.
They did that Mickie would look good in her first outing on Impact since except for a couple of indy dates she didn't wrestle, and they didn't want her working with Hamada (the best on the roster) since they probably didn't know if language would be an issue. Should have done the same finish too, that kick looked awful. And I wouldn't get hyped up about the KO division yet, but it is better then TBP yelling at each other week after week after week.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts