Wrestling Forum banner

The Return of Velocity?

6912 Views 75 Replies 62 Participants Last post by  dain45yl
- While this isn't confirmed at all, there's a rumor that WWE Velocity will be returning on Wednesday nights at 8pm EST, beginning May 11th on MyNetworkTV. Take it for what it's worth for now.

lordsofpain.net
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,262 Posts
Are they trying to take over the whole week? Haha.
The only shows they need to "bring back" are "Tough Enough"(good job) and "Sunday Night Heat".
I think this show would be really pointless, and make Cole very tired! Haha.
I don't think a lot of people watch Superstars (I sure don't)
or NXT (ever since they moved it to those internetz here in the States),
why should they care about Velocity?

· Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's a bit of a over kill already unless they make superstars just for the raw brand.

· Registered
865 Posts
I don't mind bringing back velocity or trying to get a show in everyday of the week, if they use this show to further some feuds.

Now the main event scene usually dominates main shows, more so on Raw than on SD. Why not have some useful midcard matches and midcard champ interactions occur on Velocity, if they have it. Or have some tag matches and bring in some tag teams that they already have in FCW or one of the four they already have, then try to build a little interest in these divisions.

Hell, even just have some run ins and other feud elements that are usually missing in the midcard feuds (they only have one segment if anything other than a match). Give the midcard champ and contender air time on the show, just an extra segment.

· Registered
957 Posts
SATURDAY RAW SATURDAY.

Make it happen.

That would be all kinds of epic. Raw, NXT, Velocity, Superstars, Smackdown, Raw, Heat/PPV.

WWE're TAKING OVER.

· Registered
2,497 Posts
If they keep Superstars for Raw and Velocity for SD then it could be interesting. With all the new guys coming through the NXT/Tough Enough route, it's a good opportunity to get guys on TV who otherwise wouldn't be used. They can bring up some FCW talent as well to fill the gaps. Superstars is a terribly underrated show IMO and so I think it would be cool to see something like this as well. Still wish it was Heat though.

· Registered
47 Posts
i only watch raw and smackdown as ive never really thought of the shows like velocity and superstars to be a place where good wrestling is shown, i always thought it was used to show the jobbers of wwe against eachother

· Registered
1,123 Posts
The rate of change of velocity is acceleration in physics.

I hope that this show will be dedicated to quick and technics wrestling. It could be a kind of "cruiserweight based show" (with bigger wrestlers rarely).

Please Please Please :)

· Registered
5,432 Posts
it's too much wwe programming. I know they are aiming for 1 show every night but I only watch raw and am not interested in any other show and alot of the people are the same

if it comes back it will be cancelled quite quickly as nobody will watch.

· Registered
1,930 Posts
I wouldn't mind it if they didn't insult my intelligence and waste my time by filling it with Raw recaps. I never understood why WWE insists on reshowing me what happened on RAW -- isn't it the highest rated show they have? That means, people have already seen it. What they need to do is show highlights from their lesser rated shows on RAW because not everyone watches those.

I used to make an effort to watch Superstars. It looked like WWE was actually making an effort to make it decent for 2 months, but then they stopped giving a shit and I stopped tuning in. If Velocity comes back, they need to make it have it's own identity.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.