Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Smackdown roster is incredibly thin right now and I think is the perfect time to bring back the New Talent Initiative Teddy Long had a few years ago. Guys like Xavier Woods(Consequences Creed), Seth Rollins (Tyler Black) and the team of Epico & Hunico (they can get over in WWE if used right) can easily debut with this talent initiative.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Although sounding good on paper, they brought too many in too fast the last time. Every couple of weeks some new guy was debuting, when in fact the previous "new guy" could have used this time to be getting over. Look at Braden Walker and Ricky Ortiz. Also, some of them were green-ass mofos.

Plus we've just had several months of NXT.

Now admittedly, the guys you've mentioned aren't green and would probably be used better, so maybe they should be given a chance, as long as we don't have 15 shit wrestlers come in as well.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Not sure if i like this idea, a lot of new initiative talents in the past have been massive failures (Braden Walker, Gavin Spears, Ricky Ortiz, Scotty Goldman, Colin Delaney, etc etc), or just look at Tyler Reks now, he's totally lost in the shuffle, people barely know who he is and it will take some time for people to get used to his character, and also sometimes WWE don't have a clue on how to debut new guys, i mean, Colt Cabana debuted as a jobber? What the hell? That's why i prefer NXT, this show does a lot better job on developing the characters of the talents so that the fans have a reason to care about the talents and it also lets us to know who is not good enough to make it to the main roster so they can be 'eliminated'.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I'd simply appreciate it if Smackdown did something with the midcarders they have now. They haven't really done much with anyone since the draft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts