Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Wrestling Fans,

I'm not big of randomly posting for no reason, and I will assume everyone/most individuals here are diehard fans, and can see through the kayfabe promo, by none other than "Paul Heyman!"

I look forward to the *possible* appearances of Paul Heyman, throughout now until Summerslam.

WWE Creative (aka) I assume Vince McMahon on this one realized that Lesnar is signed for limited appearances, and to keep the "heel heat" on Lesnar, none other than Paul Heyman is better suited for the role of the "voice of Lesnar" from now until Summerslam.

Even if Heyman doesn't appear until S.S. it will be enjoyable to see some interesting "mic work" when Lesnar returns for S.S. from Heyman, and beyond to WrestleMania.

(Sorry for any spelling mistakes, replying from mobile phone)

/discuss

-K-

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
Good point really. I hope you're right. It's always great to see Heyman, but I wouldn't want him being used in place of Lesnar when it comes to cutting promos. Lesnar's really improved that aspect of his game and doesn't really need anyone carrying him at this stage. He does, on the other hand, need to stay in the fans' minds, and you're right that Heyman's a great way for them to achieve that.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I marked for Heyman. If he sticks around, I better not hear Lesnar ever open his mouth again. I guess WWE gave Heyman a shitload of money so that people didn't flush their ears out with poison after Lesnar talked to stop the pain. I can't blame them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
glad to see him back but I have a feeling he won't stick around
Hajduk1911,

I know "real life," credentials are highly unbelievable, but for what it's worth, I have my Ph.D. in Public Relations & Behavioral Analysis (I know, an older poster is not the norm for being a "wrestling fan). Being a PR Director in my past career, and a current Market Trend Analyst, in my strong opinion, I feel that Lesnar will be off air until two weeks prior to Summerslam; Heyman to make appearances leading up to Summerslam, or returning when Lesnar does (my two possible opinions).

Given the fact that it is safe to say, it is more financially feasible to pay for additional Heyman appearances compared to Brock appearances.

Thoughts?

-K-

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
I'm really hoping they just have Heyman do all the negotiations when Triple H tries to get him to come back for a revenge match at S.S. Keep Lesnar off TV until the match for all I care, and just let Heyman run things while reading a couple statements here and there. It fits with the "I dont give a shit about the WWE" character.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I hope he feuds with Laurinitis to become General Manager of RAW and/or smackdown and they hire him for use in creative. :) I half expected punk to say his name or mention him before his match. More random stuff like that is a good thing. Along with fan interaction and 'breaking the fourth wall" , backstage segments, etc. And not so much time wasted showing clips over and over again of stuff we've already seen.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Uniden,

Out of pure curiousity, why would the thread be there already, would you be able to provide any comments, suggestions, or opinions you could offer me to prevent this is the future?

Thank You Sir,

-K-

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
The most probable scenario is that Heyman was backstage at Raw to do commentary on Punk's new DVD coming out and he made a oneoff appearance, like Edge did to Cena when he was backstage to negotiate his contract.

Hajduk1911,

I know "real life," credentials are highly unbelievable, but for what it's worth, I have my Ph.D. in Public Relations & Behavioral Analysis (I know, an older poster is not the norm for being a "wrestling fan). Being a PR Director in my past career, and a current Market Trend Analyst, in my strong opinion, I feel that Lesnar will be off air until two weeks prior to Summerslam; Heyman to make appearances leading up to Summerslam, or returning when Lesnar does (my two possible opinions).

How exactly does a Ph.D in PR allow you to see the future? :confused:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well pretty much everybody saw right through Paul's promo. I never expected Paul appearance tonight and was pleasantly surprised. Paul was always a great promo cutter.

I was kidding with the ''too late '' comment.

·
Banned
401 Posts
I find this as a completely ironic statement.

Anyway, who cares if Heyman appeared? Doubtful that this is a one night only thing though either way unless Brock is just gone. For fuck's sake though no one can predict these horrible shows though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
The most probable scenario is that Heyman was backstage at Raw to do commentary on Punk's new DVD coming out and he made a oneoff appearance, like Edge did to Cena when he was backstage to negotiate his contract.

EraOfAwesome,

Well, I was more extrapolating on the reference of market trend, the position I reside in I attempt to analyze data to predict scenarios that will occur, and I did make the statement on comments such as mine are most likely to be taken with a grain of salt, sorry if it offended anyone on the forum.

I would like to respectfully disagree on your thoughts of Heyman. Due to the strong fact that the majority of commentary being featured on WWE DVDS is done in the WWE Studio, which is not in North Carolina, I would believe Heyman was not brought for commentary, at this point in time.

(Anytime an individual is shown behind an "interview" curtain, it is done at the studio).

I respect your opinion, and enjoy the level of professionalism currently being displayed on this thread, so far.

Thoughts?

-K-

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
Yeah I realized this after I actually read exhibit A below.

Hajduk1911,

Given the fact that it is safe to say, it is more financially feasible to pay for additional Heyman appearances compared to Brock appearances.

Thoughts?

-K-
This below enhances it even further because what can you comment on this thread.

Uniden,

Out of pure curiousity, why would the thread be there already, would you be able to provide any comments, suggestions, or opinions you could offer me to prevent this is the future?

Thank You Sir,

-K-
I'm out of here because the lack of any credibility or reason increases with each post. What does a PHD half to do with this forum? Anyone can say that on here? What does attacking someone about it have to do with anyone either?

I'm just exhibiting the stupid behavior of condemning everyone and everything without any credibility or knowledge, on a subject that no one on this forum has any of either.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts