Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know bout you guys but ever since Kevin Nash was added to the formula the entire Punk/HHH/Nash/Lauranitis/Miz and Truth feud has just given me one massive headache. The ending to the main event at NOC felt like something I would have seen in 1999. Unfortunately, it's 2011.

Then there's the whole Sin Cara vs Sin Cara thing going on. The only thing missing is 2 faction feuding with one another. Each faction should have 5 members, 2 of which are relevant and the other 3 are probably gonna get their asses future endeavored.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
let me guess , you are one of the fans that think they are above the attitude era , above storylines and promos , and your idea of a wrestling show is a three hour match full of armbars and wrist locks , am i right ?

the booking at NOC was good , it was done in a way that both men got over , and it made sense it's not like nash interfered for no reason or truth and miz came in out of the blue .. everything had a reason

plus the storyline isn't over yet .. i feel tho as if something big is gonna happen especially after last raw's ending

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
To be quite honest, I can’t believe I am saying this but The Miz and R-Truth actually saved the storyline in my opinion and got me hooked on 100% once again when the scenario was losing some steam and I can’t wait to tune in to see what’s going to happen on the next RAW.

Damn what is wrong with me, I am actually going to tune in to see what THE MIZ is going to do next. :sad:

But just give the storyline some more time to develop.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I don't know bout you guys but ever since Kevin Nash was added to the formula the entire Punk/HHH/Nash/Lauranitis/Miz and Truth feud has just given me one massive headache. The ending to the main event at NOC felt like something I would have seen in 1999. Unfortunately, it's 2011.

Then there's the whole Sin Cara vs Sin Cara thing going on. The only thing missing is 2 faction feuding with one another. Each faction should have 5 members, 2 of which are relevant and the other 3 are probably gonna get their asses future endeavored.
leave the Golden era, the Attitude era alone please

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
let me guess , you are one of the fans that think they are above the attitude era , above storylines and promos , and your idea of a wrestling show is a three hour match full of armbars and wrist locks , am i right ?
If I say you're right would it make you feel accomplished? Yes, I rather watch an 60 minute match of pure mat wrestling than intriguing storylines with interesting character and a hell of a climax.

Buddy you owned me. I'm not sure if I can heal those burn wounds now.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys I'm not complaining at all. In fact I can't wait for RAW next week. Seeing Truth and Miz get thrown out of the building just felt fresh. For the first time in God alone knows how long, RAW doesn't end with Cena holding the belt in the ring and the little copyright logo flashes.

I'm actually starting to like The Miz for crying out loud.

So I'm not moaning, I'm just saying boy has the booking lately been one big clusteruck. Which I think we can all agree on. The storyline started off with Punk and Cena and somehow along the way HHH, Nash, Lauranitis, Miz and Ruth got involved within 3 months and somehow Cena and Punk are able to be partners with one another!

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
If I say you're right would it make you feel accomplished? Yes, I rather watch an 60 minute match of pure mat wrestling than intriguing storylines with interesting character and a hell of a climax.

Buddy you owned me. I'm not sure if I can heal those burn wounds now.
easy there mr.butthurt ,

all i'm saying is you are talking about booking and such , when the booking was not bad .. it was booked in a way that both men got over , and it's not like everything didn't happen for a reason or didn't make sense , it was executed perfectly , and the following RAW made it even more perfect

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
leave the Golden era, the Attitude era alone please
I'm somebody who grew up with the AE myself, and all things considered i'd say it's the best era in Pro-Wrestling but the OP has a point, for all it's success it had it's share of negative effects, long term affects that really fucked them in the arse after it was all done. As fun as it was i really don't want it to come back and i certainly don't want to see every PPV end up with about 5 people running in

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm somebody who grew up with the AE myself, and all things considered i'd say it's the best era in Pro-Wrestling but the OP has a point, for all it's success it had it's share of negative effects, long term affects that really fucked them in the arse after it was all done. As fun as it was i really don't want it to come back and i certainly don't want to see every PPV end up with about 5 people running in
This.

A lot of people hold TLC II as the one of the best if not the best TLC matches in WWE history. But IMO apart from the lack of storytelling and it just being a spot fest, the clustered fuck ending with Rhino and a bunch of other guys running in just, not necessarily ruined it, but had me going "WTF"

Punk vs Cena was an example of a run in done right! You had McMahon come down to the ring in an attempt to screw Punk over in order not have Punk walk out with the WWE title.

The run in at NOC was just meh. We still haven't really gotten a reason for Miz and Truth's run in apart from their conspiracy theories. Although the good thing about it was that we saw Lauranitis send Nash the text so we know the two are in cahoots and obviously Johnny Ace sent Truth and Miz to the ring. But overall I was like "meh"

This is the third month in a row a main event on PPV ends in a run in. At MITB it was a "Holy shit" moment, at Summerslam it was a mark out moment but at NOC it was just a 'Huh?" moment. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Attitude era ended 10 years ago and you still find a way to bitch about it.

You my good sir deserve a prize ...and I don't know if it's a good one either;).

And no it's not back. Just because they did this one time does not mean we are back in AE booking. That's just a ridiculous statement.

AE won't be duplicated. That's just the way it is.

If anything at best we can get a full blown reality era. But even that can be argued.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I love every Superstar having their own storyline going on. I find it very easy to keep up with even if I miss an eps ^_^ I want more Superstars to have their own thing happening.

·
Banned
128 Posts
It was one PPV with a clusterfuck for gods sake. calm the fuck down.

The storyline will resume after survivor series and Punk will come out as the top star so quit bitching.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts

Well I think ALL of us like that clusterfuck Attitude Era booking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts