Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look I don't want to make it seem like the referee should be a huge part of the show, but should we see more involving the ref? Obviously not wrestling in actual matches, but basically having a style in the ring that makes some noise. Perhaps a referee that seems to count slower than others? Possibly one who counts faster than others.

I don't think it should get as simple as heel ref, and face ref. However I feel like having personalities in the way they call the match would be nice to see. Maybe a referee who won't call a DQ right away, or possibly one who refuses to do a count out on a main event match, or just counts really slow. Die hard sports fans have Umpires, NFL football referees, and NHL referees that they feel have bias towards their hometown teams. Believe me it exist. Why can't wrestling have the same thing? Sometimes I feel like the referee can add excitement to the match, and also provide drama.

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
No, I don't think this should be the case. Referees should stay out of the matches as much as possible. The idea worked during Invasion when there was room for some form of bias amongst certain referees, but nowadays it should only happen if there are no storylines left for the stars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts