Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Randy Orton has been sidelined, but have no fear, it looks like he should be back in the fold as soon as tonight.

The 13-time world champion hasn't been seen on Smackdown Live in several weeks, and last competed on June 10, tying up a series of live event matches against new Smackdown Superstar Aleister Black. Orton's last televised match was against Triple H days prior. These are his only in-ring appearances since May's Money in the Bank pay-per-view.

Fightful Select has learned that Randy Orton has been dealing with somewhat of a neck injury, which was evaluated last week. Orton jammed up his neck against Black, and already had vacation time coming up. He was given an additional two weeks prior in order to rest up accordingly. Orton was actually slated to appear at last night's live event, but missed it due to travel, and is expected to be back at tonight's live event.

The injury was said to not be serious, but there weren't any immediate plans for Orton at TV, and was given the time off to heal up.

Orton has dealt with neck injuries in the past, which isn't surprising, considering he's 20 years and over 2,000 matches in to his pro wrestling career. Orton missed a good amount of time in 2015 with a neck injury as well.
https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusive-randy-orton-dealing-neck-injury-not-expected-be-serious

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think it's time for Randy to think about retirement, he's been boring for a number of years now and I wouldnt wanna see him ruin his health while taking up valuable screen time. There's loads of other guys waiting to get some exposure.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Sad part is Randy is at a point in his career where a new comer beating him would elevate them but he's getting to the point health wise where we wont be going much longer.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Seems like the past little while he has been appearing sparingly and I think that works because it makes when he does appear feel more important. He's a well established guy so he doesn't lose anything by disappearing for awhile. If it also gives him time to heal up nagging minor injuries that will only help him long term.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
They should keep him off of house shows and have him only work PPV's or something but still appear every week to deliver RKOs and hype up a story.

The guy has done everything there is to do, there really isn't even a reason for him to stick around atm. I thought he would do the Cena route and get into acting.
Between his shoulders and neck, the man doesn't have alot of time left in his career which is a shame since he is one of my all time favorites.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,231 Posts
He won everything possible in WWE. Nothing else to do.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,191 Posts
They should keep him off of house shows and have him only work PPV's or something but still appear every week to deliver RKOs and hype up a story.

The guy has done everything there is to do, there really isn't even a reason for him to stick around atm. I thought he would do the Cena route and get into acting.
Between his shoulders and neck, the man doesn't have alot of time left in his career which is a shame since he is one of my all time favorites.
He doesn't scream movie star based on what I have seen of him he's likely to land a B role in Hollywood.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
FWIW I just read the initial plan for black was Cesaro prior to Heyman and Bischoff coming in. To me, that makes no sense as Cesaro has been on RAW. My guess had been Sheamus as he has been posting a lot on social media lately. Randy Orton has clearly been the favorite too. If we see Orton tonight it likely means he isn't the Black opponent.

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,108 Posts
He won everything possible in WWE. Nothing else to do.
Universal and Raw Tag Team Titles are still out of his grasp. And considering how Rollins has done a good job of coming off like a stooge both IRL and in storylines, I'd be down for Randall to punt his head off in order give some semblance of prestige to that joke of a world title.

:draper2

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I don’t think he’ll go AEW personally, but I could see him having a crack at New Japan for a bit. I just think he has it made for him in the WWE, and can naff off and take a break as long as he fancies and still pop back into the fold when WWE fancy him. I just get the impression Orton doesn’t really fancy going to a AEW and establishing a decent run as I don’t think he really cares enough.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
I don’t think he’ll go AEW personally, but I could see him having a crack at New Japan for a bit. I just think he has it made for him in the WWE, and can naff off and take a break as long as he fancies and still pop back into the fold when WWE fancy him. I just get the impression Orton doesn’t really fancy going to a AEW and establishing a decent run as I don’t think he really cares enough.

His kids are getting older he’s gonna want to spend some more time with them and shit. Randy’s life outside of the ring seems pretty made too. He can just be a Twitter God after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,420 Posts
Glad it wasn't Orton who ended up being Aleister Black's opponent on Sunday because Black will obviously win the match, and Orton shouldn't be losing that soon after beating Triple H clean as a whistle in Saudi Arabia.

My guess is he enters the title picture against Kofi at Summerslam.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts