Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMO the reason TNA keep employing established talent is because the brand name 'TNA' isnt as well known as some of the talent on their roster (i.e Hulk Hogan), where as the WWE brand name is more well known then the brand names of most (if not all) of their talent. Hence why the WWE can easily turn new talent into huge stars. WWE could basically get rid of all of its established talent and literally stil turn new talent into stars due to the strength of its brand name.

Whats your thoughts on this?

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
once again, TNA's failure is down to one word - advertising.
They fail to advertise anything! In a house show they drew 15-200 people, thats just about as many as PWG etc etc.
They failed to advertise one of the biggest stars coming in from one of the biggest shows (jwow)
They even failed to advertise their biggest PPV for the year. Hence why its getting half the rating as wwe and when TNA gets a 1.5 its a success? Cmon sharpen up. They've got one of the best rosters in the world, they just cant advertise it and make the best out of it.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
That's what it is.

Anderson and Hardy are their top merch. sellers. And they came to TNA in 2010.

Even IWC's 1st and last love Paul Heyman wanted old guys to stay as "special attraction".

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
It may be the reason, but in reality it should lead to the opposite.

They have a weak branding, because a.) they don't advertise much to gain new viewers and b.) they don't establish their branding inside the show, BECAUSE they employ and push WWE - hence they push WWE, WCW and ECW over their own brand.

I consider the point b.) even more problematic than a.), because weak advertising mostly slows down popularity spread (= people who switch in) and doesn't make TNA "must see". However, they still regulary get new viewers just by being 2h on a decent channel and by being there for a long time. They just fail to bound them to THEIR identity, THEIR history, THEIR key workers. And they do THAT by not creating an OWN product but a wrestling old timer show with no new names and good long term roles.

In other words. People don't like spin-offs as much as the original show. They like them even less, when spin-offs are only filled with more spin-off guys and features the only new characters in side roles.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
gem'no's post lays it out. TNA has made this problem a self-fulfilling prophecy.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
There is nothing wrong with bringing in established names. The problem with that is bringing in ANYONE who use to be in WWE despite whether they bring anything to the table or not. The majority of the 'established' names that TNA has picked up this year doesn't bother me and are good pick ups. Flair, Anderson, Hardy and RVD are all good pick ups. Moore is amusing at times, is over with the fans, and can have good matches so I don't mind him. As much as a stink Mickie was in 2009-2010 WWE, overall I don't mind her or Winter in TNA as they bring something to the table.

The pick ups I have issues with are people like OJ, Tara, and The Nasty Boys. All who bring NOTHING to the table and are an unnecessary addition to TNA and really brings down the product.

People say 'advertising' as if its just something simple that can easily be solved with the snap of a finger. Its not that simple. There are things that TNA can do in order to better promote their events that shouldn't cost a lot of money.

1. Re-arrange the live events section on the website. It should be 'higher' and easier to spot. TNA needs to simplify their web layout. Too much junk and filler on the main page.

2. Over one million people watch Impact every Thursday night. Every Thursday night TNA should be running ads to advertise upcoming shows and not in the rapidfire way they currently do it. Slow it down. Let it breath. Go over it calmly. Nice and slow. This should occur twice on every Impact during the points that traditional viewership raises.

3. No more billboards. The Impact Billboard in NY was cute, but if one isn't in NY (as I am not) then how would I see and know about it? Spend that money elsewhere.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
i agree ^

it got bad though when they got guys like vkm

anderson, pope, flair, hogan, hardy, rvd are all good pick ups IMO

Tara is great having and will make a great agent in a couple of years.. Mickie James is probably top 5 wwe divas all time.. and still in her prime.. and she was in TNA before WWE if people really want to get into it

as far as Hardy goes... Hardy in a way can be looked at as a TNA original.. he was with TNA way before prime time tv and any other huge names

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Tara will make a terrible agent because she doesn't know how to work. She has proven that. She knows how to do moves and was able to look like a bad ass in WWE land with all the Divas, but once she stepped into the ring with Flash, Wilde, Daffney, Sarita, and Hamada it became REALLY clear that it was all smoke and mirrors. She left WWE and had terrible matches with better workers and it can't be blamed on TNA.

·
Banned
3,115 Posts
IMO the reason TNA keep employing established talent is because the brand name 'TNA' isnt as well known as some of the talent on their roster (i.e Hulk Hogan), where as the WWE brand name is more well known then the brand names of most (if not all) of their talent. Hence why the WWE can easily turn new talent into huge stars. WWE could basically get rid of all of its established talent and literally stil turn new talent into stars due to the strength of its brand name.

Whats your thoughts on this?
WOW..you're a genius!!! Ummmm....duh dude, it's obvious...why even make a thread of something so obvious? Just saying..

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
Top ten best selling items list

1. Don's Insane Brown Bag Special ($20)
2. Jeff Hardy "The Ring Is My Canvas" T-shirt ($19.99)
3. Jeff Hardy Arm Bands ($9.99)
4. Jeff Hardy Enigma T-Shirt (Glow In The Dark) ($19.99)
5. Mr. Anderson.........People Are Fake T-Shirt ($19.99)
6. Mr. Anderson "A**HOLE" T-Shirt ($19.99)
7. Hulk Hogan Bandana ($9.99, on sale $7.99)
8. TNA The Best of the Asylum Years Volume 1 ($19.99, on sale $17.99)
9. RVD - Video
Wall T-shirt ($19.99)
10. TNA Winged Warrior T-Shirt ($24.99)

Damn, Jeff Hardy is a monster. Imagine if he was the babyface chasing Immortals? Anderson continues to sell.

No TNA originals, while the established guys are selling the fact that TNA originals cannot sell is a problem for TNA.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Top ten best selling items list

1. Don's Insane Brown Bag Special ($20)
2. Jeff Hardy "The Ring Is My Canvas" T-shirt ($19.99)
3. Jeff Hardy Arm Bands ($9.99)
4. Jeff Hardy Enigma T-Shirt (Glow In The Dark) ($19.99)
5. Mr. Anderson.........People Are Fake T-Shirt ($19.99)
6. Mr. Anderson "A**HOLE" T-Shirt ($19.99)
7. Hulk Hogan Bandana ($9.99, on sale $7.99)
8. TNA The Best of the Asylum Years Volume 1 ($19.99, on sale $17.99)
9. RVD - Video
Wall T-shirt ($19.99)
10. TNA Winged Warrior T-Shirt ($24.99)

Damn, Jeff Hardy is a monster. Imagine if he was the babyface chasing Immortals? Anderson continues to sell.

No TNA originals, while the established guys are selling the fact that TNA originals cannot sell is a problem for TNA.
Alot of people underestimate what a fucking genius idea that brown bag is.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Ask any casual wwe fan who AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels (well, not anymore, but you know what i mean) and Somoa Joe are. Then ask them who Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, and Rob Van Dam are. I guess it's just the way it is, they are trying to branch out to more fans, and i guess they believe the more star power there is the more people are going to tune in. It's not a bad buisness idea i guess, but it's not something most of the IWC like as i'm sure we'd all rather watch amazing red appear more than once in a blue moon than see Jeff Hardy as the champ.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
TNA will have to continued to do this, Because nobody cares about the TNA original, TNA has buried all..

2 years ago Joe was the man, Now do you really care for Joe? AJ? Lethal? Wolfe? NO

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I'm all for picking up some of the talent they have brought in but others shouldn't have been picked up. They need to cut some of the older talent and could get a few good wrestlers for each old crappy guy they cut.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts