Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you look at the history of the WWE. I can take this all the way back to the reason Booker T is still to this day the only all black world champion.Booker T was a very big name in WCW and a top draw at the time Vince bought WCW. Booker T was the only big star left. Goldberg and Sting had already left. So how else would Vince get the WCW fans to watch WWE? It was Booker T he was the last left out of the bunch. He had no choice but to make him champion and he also had to do it for the invasion angle WCW vs WWE

Booker T became Champion again after that true, but it was because it wouldnt become such an outcry from the fanbase because they were now a little use to seeing booker T as champion already.

Now with Mark he has been getting the better of Orton in this fued so there is no way they let him win. Besides he definitely wont go over Orton because he is a top face on SD. If they could give kane the belt give Henry a reign and get this over already.

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
The reasons why he might win this sunday.

- He cried for it.

- Vince maybe a cruel bastard but he always seem to protect homegrown Superstars over superstars from other promotions, Mark henry has been loyal to vince mcmahon for the past 15 years unlike christian who left to TNA for money.

- He is retiring next year. This is his last run in the WWE.

- (If we are talking about racism)Booker T, despite being black, won World heavyweight championship. Mark henry has a chance.

- because i think so.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The reasons why he might win this sunday.

- He cried for it.

- Vince maybe a cruel bastard but he always seem to protect homegrown Superstars over superstars from other promotions, Mark henry has been loyal to vince mcmahon for the past 15 years unlike christian who left to TNA for money.

- He is retiring next year. This is his last run in the WWE.

- (If we are talking about racism)Booker T, despite being black, won World heavyweight championship. Mark henry has a chance.

- because i think so.
Oh come on, it's been already proven that the reason to why he cried during that video is because his brother had suffered a stroke and fallen into coma... But yeah I agree with all of your other points....

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
eh, i always thought it was because they dont have a strap big enough for him

·
Escalator Temporarily Stairs
8,793 Posts
The race card is brought up again I see.
Indeed. It's such a ridiculous argument, because it's not as if fifty or even twenty-five percent of the WWE roster is African American. It's not the "white man" that's holding Mark Henry or any other African American wrestler down, it's just the odds. The chances of Vince finding a much more favorable talent to hold a World Title who HAPPENS to be white are much better than those of an African American. It's simple. With that being said, it wouldn't completely shock me to see Henry win the strap.

If he doesn't, I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that it has zero to do with the color of his skin.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,372 Posts
I think the bout either ends one of two ways:

- Orton wins by DQ cuz Henry goes nuts
- Henry actually wins the damn thing

I actually wouldn't count out Mark winning the title. Even if you're no fan of Henry's, this monster heel push he's getting is impressive and it would really sell the notion of "Hey, this guy is unbeatable, he just beat the Champ and took his title". From there, maybe Sheamus reignites his feud with him over the World Title. That issue never really got resolved from Summerslam and then Smackdown. Nobody ever got pinned.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
He won't win because Orton is the most pushed superstar in history and he's black.

The 1 black man to win a world title in the WWE had to have a gimmick of a white man to win it.

Just pointing that out. The race card is unavoidable in WWE.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Oh come on, it's been already proven that the reason to why he cried during that video is because his brother had suffered a stroke and fallen into coma... But yeah I agree with all of your other points....
what video?

·
Registered
163 Posts
ok
1. randy orton just won the belt hes wwes golden boy they wont have him drop it so soon
2. vinnie mac is a something that sounds like grunt
3. if he was going to win it, he would of 5-10years ago

i think he should win it this sunday as he is the best thing on smackdown atm which tbh is rather sad

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
Really wish Lashley would have stuck around to give a big "fuck you" to the people who think the WWE doesn't give black people world title runs. He was destined to win it and in hindsight it was a good thing he didn't but I always thought he should have beat Cena a few years ago too bad he got hurt shortly after.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Why would WWE just push him for no reason? Plus Orton's getting boring constantly being WHC and there's nothing wrong with giving Mark Henry a short reign.

·
You want it all but you can't have it.
2,986 Posts
Another race thread? Jesus.

Why oh why, in this day and age, would WWE not push a black superstar as world champion? If WWE were so racist, Kofi Kingston, R Truth or Henry wouldn't be in the position they are in now. Hell, we even have Booker *insert obvious rape of the english language* T as a fucking commentator, one of the most important jobs in WWE programming.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Really wish Lashley would have stuck around to give a big "fuck you" to the people who think the WWE doesn't give black people world title runs. He was destined to win it and in hindsight it was a good thing he didn't but I always thought he should have beat Cena a few years ago too bad he got hurt shortly after.
Where do people get the notion that Bobby Lashley wouldve been world champion or wwe champion? dont bring up ECW lol just dont.If Shelton left wwe early on in his career? You guys wouldve said the same thing about him and you know it.But what happened Shelton hung around a long time and didnt get a title allegedly because he wasnt good on the mic,but they give it to Jack Swagger instead. Bobbly Lashley wouldve been Cenas jobber.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I wouldn't mind if they gave Mark Henry a world title run. He's great on the mic right now, too. Very convincing and well acted, unlike Christian's promos (Christian is great, though).

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Another race thread? Jesus.

Why oh why, in this day and age, would WWE not push a black superstar as world champion? If WWE were so racist, Kofi Kingston, R Truth or Henry wouldn't be in the position they are in now. Hell, we even have Booker *insert obvious rape of the english language* T as a fucking commentator, one of the most important jobs in WWE programming.
R-truth definitely got fucked over. He lost to lil jimmy. Dont you find it odd that R-truth is the only top heel that hasnt won the wwe title? He is even a better heel than Del Rio and they still wont give him the title. I like how people always say " The race card" When I bring up facts. If you truly think its not racism you are a fucking idiot. Rtruth is the best thing on raw.Its better than listening to C M Punks long, boring, repetitive promos of him wineing. His little(shoot promo gimmick) was cool at first but now it sucks. He was never a real superstar anyway thats why Vince would never make him face of wwe he is very overrated.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.