Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Yee
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been posted yet but this concerns Randy Orton and The 7 on 7.

source wrestle newz

- WWE Hall of Famer Ricky Steamboat was originally set to be the 7th man for Team RAW in the match against Nexus at SummerSlam. Steamboat was hospitalized a few weeks back, which is why they chose Bret Hart instead.

- Randy Orton was also scheduled for the match against Nexus at SummerSlam. The decision was made to put Orton in a WWE Title match against Sheamus when they got word about Triple H’s condition. Triple H was originally set to face Sheamus at SummerSlam.
I would have actually liked to see Steamboat fight in that match cuz he could actually move quite nicely against his match with Jericho on the other hand Bret Hart could barely move against Vince.

Your Thoughts?

·
Asuka
96,218 Posts
Fuck. So instead of seeing the best in ring worker there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be at SummerSlam, I have to see.....Bret Hart instead???

:p

And no, I don't think Steamboat is the best ever but he's damn close

Oh well. Bret Hart makes more sense than Steamboat from a storyline perspective anyway.

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
This report making alot of sense. And it's all unfortunate.

I don't want to see Bret Hart, but it's always nice seeing Steamboat.

I thought HHH and Sheamus produced a good match and a good segment and wouldn't mind seeing one of the best mic workers in the business feuding for the title again (so long as he loses). I also wish no injury on my favorite heel of the last decade (Yes even over Jericho. 2000 run = godly).

Finally I really have no interest in seeing RKO vs Sheamus again (their heel vs heel match wasn't too good to me). In fact I have no interest in seeing RKO at all. I speculated they wouldn't pull the trigger on his title run til Wrestlemania (bearable). Yet I wouldn't mind seeing him put Nexus over. Surely Orton's spot was taken by Khali or R-Truth.

·
Registered
895 Posts
The REAL plan for Summerslam

RAW 7 Defeat Nexus 7 after Barrett forgets to bring Kryptonite and Cena goes Superman on them.

Sheamus defeats Randy Orton after Sheamus gets DQed, leading to a no DQ match at NOC where Randy goes over.

The Miz loses US Title to random midcarder (prob Truth) to free him up for ME push

Kane defeats Rey and Undertaker returns afterwards to reveal the attaker was Kane

Dolph Ziggler defeats Kofi Kingston for IC title after interference from Vickie

Drew Mac & Cody Rhodes defeat Christian and Matt Hardy, Christian turns heel afterwards to bring back CLB

Random Womens toilet break match

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
So what I gather from this is HHH is booking himself to squash Sheamus and take the belt because God fuckin' forbid someone just goes over the guy and he lets it go...

I wish someone would just go up to that ballhog and say, "Hey, Fucknose, you're not really anything special."

Funny thing is, I hear he and Sheamus are chummy in the lockerroom. My guess is Hunter (Paul) is just keeping his enemies close, so when he sits him down and says, "Hey guy, look, at the PPV I'm taking your title, OK? Clean and fast as a matter of fact. But don't worry, kiddo, you had a good run and have a bright future, just as soon as I retire."

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,788 Posts
I was hoping they'd keep Orton out of the title picture until WrestleMania to get his big crowning moment as a face there, but he's so hot right now that it's difficult to not place him there if you're WWE, especially with Triple H still out of action.

Orton vs. Sheamus at the Royal Rumble was heel vs. heel, which is always difficult to pull off. I'm actually intrigued to see how face Orton vs. heel Sheamus pans out at SummerSlam.

Steamboat would have been a much better addition than Bret Hart because Steamboat can still work a solid match, whereas Hart can barely move (no disrespect intended to the Hitman, but the bitter truth is still the truth).

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
I believe this. But this also tells me that they didn't have HHH to be planned to be the leader of Nexus...so maybe it's Bret, maybe it's Miz...who knows but this story tells me alot.

At Deso: Yeah bro I was hoping that they would've waited until Mania also. That would've been the perfect time for him to win the title. So Im in a no win situation. I want Orton to hold off but I don't wanna see Sheamus go over him so hopefully it'll just be a regular Sheamus win with either a DQ or sneaky finish...

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Here's what I'd like to think will happen @ SummerSlam.

Miz will lose his US title to a mid-carder, probably Bourne. The only reason he got the US title back in the first place was to set a MITB record, and after nearly a year of dominating the mid-card singles divison, it's time for someone else to step up. Beginning of Bourne's successful singles career.
Bret Hart will wrestle his final match, ever, and subsequently go back into retirement. The only reason they brought him back was because things ended abruptly.
Raw 7 will beat Nexus 7, but the mystery GM and Nexus puppet-master will be revealed.
Randy Orton will win the WWE Championship. 10 months is long enough. 1 title a year is a must.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Aw man. So instead of Steamboat we get Bret "Can't Take A Bump" Hart. Seriously. Why is he even in the match? I hope he gets replaced by Bourne or another victim of the Nexus. Bret can't wrestle so he should stay ring side. While your at it replace Khali too.

Also, we have a multi-man match at SummerSlam, at Bragging Rights, and at Survivor Series, with Night of Champions and Hell in a Cell shuffled in between. I really hope The Nexus is put over strong. Hell for Bragging Rights we should get The Red Nexus (Seasons 1 rookies) against the main top guys of Raw and The Blue Nexus (seasons 2) against the top guys of SmackDown. Man I wish I was a booker!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I think it'd been better if the last man was Vince. I think the crowd would have popped more if "no chance" had hit the speakers. At least Vince could get in there and mix it up.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
hhh returning to take the belt would have been terrible. orton/sheamus is better for sheamus and orton winning is a much better result than hhh winning.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
The source is wrestle newz, it's not credible.

Hell, I could've written this report. Why don't we hear what Bleacher Report has to say? :rolleyes:

·
Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,385 Posts
The report seems logical enough to be fair, so i'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Whilst Triple H vs. Sheamus would have been a good way to big-up Summerslam as the Number 2 PPV, having the hottest face in the company right now going after the WWE Championship isn't exactly a bore. Though Steamboat and Ortons replacements are rather lackluster (Bret Hart, and I'm assuming The Great Khali), I don't think it's going to be as clear cut as that. I can see the Nexus taking out members individually - starting with these two - until it's 7 vs. Cena, Edge & Jericho, three massive rivals.

Either way, the Nexus will go over.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts