Wrestling Forum banner

The Quran

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Reaper 
#1 ·
About a year ago I stopped at a yard sale, love the....what will I find?
Bought a Quran for a buck. Took me a few weeks before I started reading it. I was stunned, what is with all this....punish.the Fire, burn.....we find there. You can't go three pages without something about violence.

Give me a page and I'll prove it.

#2 ·
The sky is blue and water is wet. :lol my favorite is something Islamic apologists like to throw out.

But pretty much ignore all the surrounding text :lmao

What the verse actually says and not just a cleverly cut up as they have it there.

Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.
Talking about that was actually something for the Jews and that they sinned.

And then the very next verse.....

Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,

#3 ·
I don't think anyone here will dispute that tbh. The Quran really likes to hammer home all the horrible fates that have befallen or will befall upon people who do not follow him or worse, actively go against him.

#5 ·
The Quran is an even more vile book than the Bible. I actually tried to read it once but its so fixated on stupid and inane stuff. From burning everyone to who owns what property.

Your women are cultivation for you; so approach your cultivation whenever you like, and send ahead for yourselves.
I mean come on.

Allah instructs you regarding your children: The male receives the equivalent of the share of two females. If they are daughters, more than two, they get two-thirds of what he leaves. If there is only one, she gets one-half. As for the parents, each gets one-sixth of what he leaves, if he had children. If he had no children, and his parents inherit from him, his mother gets one-third. If he has siblings, his mother gets one-sixth. After fulfilling any bequest and paying off debts. Your parents and your children—you do not know which are closer to you in welfare. This is Allah's Law. Allah is Knowing and Judicious.
:reigns3

How does this shit put butts in seats?

#10 ·
The Quran is an even more vile book than the Bible. I actually tried to read it once but its so fixated on stupid and inane stuff. From burning everyone to who owns what property.

I mean come on.

:reigns3

How does this shit put butts in seats?
There's a Haddith that adds on to that :lol I can't find the exact one but here's a related haddith.

Narrated Jabir:

Jews used to say: "If one has sexual intercourse with his wife from the back, then she will deliver a squint-eyed child." So this Verse was revealed:-- "Your wives are a tilth unto you; so go to your tilth when or how you will." (2.223)
I think it's in another haddith but a man goes to Mohammed. Asking if it's okay to do it doggie style because his wife has these weird ideas from the Jewish tribe she grew up in. So basically Mohammed instead of just saying there's nothing wrong with having sex from behind....says She's your property fuck her however you like. Lol

#8 ·
I have read some of it and it is basically one more fork of petulant, counterfeit Judaism taken to inevitable conclusions in a war-thirsty, nomadic environment as the ancient sheiks and assassins lived in. Always examine the wellspring from which religious books flowed.

As an Objectivist I don't believe that God exists, nor accept word or scriptures and evidence, but in theory, if one did exist, the most plausible yet of course, unprovable explanation I would consider would be that it was an impersonal God that created the universe and of whom we don't know and may never know, and nothing more. I would not even theorize whether it did so as a choice or spontaneously because I needn't go that far.

I am firmly rooted in scientific basis. Yet even in that realm there is man's bigotry when it is used for the propaganda of another, but this is not science to blame, it is a collective "I think I'm better than you because" force using scientific knowledge as their tool, deep in the heart this is the main problem of all these matters since civilizations time forgot.

Religion, politics, and even bias of the color of one's skin is the world of children trapped in a confused state where rationalism was never endowed. As soon as you are passing judgment and execution because their culture doesn't fit yours, you have entered the stage of an insane beast using force; the only way you can justify it is a promise (really a gamble) of heavenly paradise in return.

#11 ·
The Koran is beautiful poetry

Or so I've heard, you have to read it in Arabic to get the full poetic effect and I dont read Arabic

The New Testament is far superior as a work of morality and theology and is timeless :draper2

#12 ·
It's almost as if the author(s) of these doom and gloom hyper-violent religious texts wanted to control the masses for their own gain somehow. It's hilarious how the stories and instructions in these books are taken so seriously, however not many people seem to question who actually wrote them and what their intentions were or any kind of proof they had of anything.

That includes the Quran and especially the Old Testament. God's a total monster heel in that promotion.

Mohammed isn't much fun at parties either. He always gets Mo' Hammered than anyone else! (I'll let myself out).

Anyway they all lead to powerful religious corporations in the end and they're completely fucked.

#13 ·
Interesting takes, thanks.

I'm going to randomly open up this Quran, let's see what violence is found there....

page 202

.....the Fire awaits them, and they shall be hastened on into it.

They shall have a painful punishment

You cannot go three pages without finding something similiar to what I just typed. It's crazy!

#18 ·
Well I am Muslim revert so I have read the Quran and it resonated with me and I saw beauty in it, so each to their own

You, and judging from responses in this thread many others don't see the Quran on same way

That is okay, that is your choice

I find it odd that people have this need to go out their way to attack people and attack belief systems because they see it a certain way

I personally can only speak for me. I have become a better person, more moral, better focus, kinder, I have found my wife who I adore and I just feel happier and I always was looking for a personal relationship with God and I feel I have that now

I don't see it as violent etc but you are 100% allowed to feel how you feel

I would like to engage in intelligent discourse but I have a feeling this thread is just too push the Islam is violent and evil propaganda

#19 ·
It's not about seeing it as violent. It is objectively violent in parts. You just choose to bypass the violent parts and focus on the nice parts. That's what moderate religious people do.

Cherry picking the bits you like is understandable, Christians don't want to take their kids to church and be told that lots daughters got him drunk and had sex with him.

I'm sure there are equally ludicrous stories in the Quran that you and others omit to satisfy your need to see the good.

#20 · (Edited)
The Quran is basically an amalgamation of all the religions that came before it. To be the "complete" religion by actively taking the history of all abrahimic religions and combining them into one "complete" religion. That's why it has mostly stories from the Torait and Bible .. which in turn borrowed heavily from Zoroastrianism and other faiths themselves.

Islam's violence is however, contextualized as self-defence, but this is simply not true because mohammad and his band of medina muslims consistently instigated the quraysh of mecca by looting and attacking their merchant caravans ... and eventually the warring mentality led to wars of defence, wars of expansion and wars simply born out of paranoia that there were conspirators trying to subvert mohammad and his little band of hooligans.

Muslims will go to war and start wars and then pretend that "well, they should have listened to us" or "they were planning to start a war with us" kind of reasoning and then pretend it's *always* just a defensive war even though they expanded all the way from medina to India in the east and spain in the west .. all the while looting, raping, taking sex slaves and other slaves in the process and then whining about "always being the ones who were under attack" ... because obviously all of those poor little nations wanted to destroy Islam. "Why are you resisting???" Said the typical warring muslim at the time while fucking destroying everything in its path .. so they could continue to justify their war mentality. Lmfao ...

Muslims claim that ALL of these people in ALL of these nations wanted to attack, subvert and destroy Islam and therefore *none* of the wars were "expansionist" and only wars of "self-defence" therefore Islam is not a religion of violence.

Just think about it for a second.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.