Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a big TNA fan but holly fuck...the presentation of the show sucked! The arena set up and the production for the PPV were HORRIBLE. They didn't even manage to cover with mattresses the ringside area properly, the stage was beyond awful...I felt like I was watching a freaking house show on TV.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Re: Come on...

Agree, it looked like an indy show. Nothin wrong with indy shows, but when you're the 2nd biggest company doing your 2nd biggest PPV, there should be a bit more effort put in. I know it's stupid, but stuff like that kinda ruins a show for me, I mean it doesn't affect the matches but it totally kills the big time feel of a PPV.

And I know they don't have the money WWE can afford to spend on production, but they've done far better in the past, in fact even the Impact Zone looks better.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts

Almost everything sucked last night - the crowd, the venue, presentation, stage, wrestling, booking... TNA is runnin' out of credits with this viewer.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts

I loled at when Gunner came out. They showed him backstage, just standing around backstage with Anderson and RVD nearby.

I get this wasn't a blood feud or anything, but I don't want to see the opponents just standing around each other casually before they beat the hell out of each other. It was just very poor.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

Almost everything sucked last night - the crowd, the venue, presentation, stage, wrestling, booking... TNA is runnin' out of credits with this viewer.
I would agree with all apart from the bolded two.

The show was decent, a good main event, booked the correct way. The rest you have a point with.

Infact, the show was much better than the crowd deserved quite frankly.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

I would agree with all apart from the bolded two.

The show was decent, a good main event, booked the correct way. The rest you have a point with.

Infact, the show was much better than the crowd deserved quite frankly.
Hardy V Angle and Roode V Storm were the only good matches IMO.

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
There was no set. Atleast I didnt see any. lol. And I dont even care about it, what really pissed me off was.. crowd wasso F'n DEAD!

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts

I loled at when Gunner came out. They showed him backstage, just standing around backstage with Anderson and RVD nearby.

I get this wasn't a blood feud or anything, but I don't want to see the opponents just standing around each other casually before they beat the hell out of each other. It was just very poor.
:lmao I didn't catch that live (I tend to lose focus whenever Gunner comes near the screen). But yeah, Anderson, RVD, and Aries right there, clear as day. That's just so half-ass.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
i kinda thought the entrances were cool with the camera from the back coming from behind the wrestlers for a bit.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
They didn't even use their normal stage they use when they go on the road? That one looks awesome. What the fuck is wrong with them now?

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
It was abysmal really, What was it meant to be, a Titantron you barely saw, and some old spare peices of cage stacked on top each other..Awful effort..
What was wrong with sprucing up the Dixie-Tron, for Lockdown..Even with the shit crowd, It would've looked better.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Im hoping this means that TNA is selling and that Dixie is putting as little into it as possible while waiting on the closing date.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Im hoping this means that TNA is selling and that Dixie is putting as little into it as possible while waiting on the closing date.
Yeah. At this point I hope that Bischoff and a group is ready to buy. Maybe SpikeTV will just buy it and put Bischoff in charge?

Or SpikeTV buys and puts Heyman in charge.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
As it relates to presentation:

I do not care that TNA didn't bring the Dixietron etc as they normally do, while its a nice touch I cannot fault them for not wanting to spend the money to bring all that stuff down and I don't know the specs of the arena so I am not sure if it would have even been possible without doing a reconfiguration of the seats that would have probably pissed some people off.

TNA loves to copy WWE and takes all their queues from WWE expect for the ones that actually make a difference in terms of presentation. The ENTIRE floor on the outside should have been covered in padding. I know no one was really going to the follow, but its all about presentation. Custom lockdown mats or just plain black would have been fine. The steel guardrails have to go. Fans are not lining up to toss a baseball at their chemistry teacher, they are paying good money to see the best wrestling on earth...a solid black barricade would look pretty slick.

Then of course there is the theme music. This IS a big deal. You got guys and girls coming out and the crowd doesn't even know who is coming out until the person actually emerges from the curtains. Its bullshit. Let's break it down:

Themes I recognized instantly:

Styles
Hardy
Anderson
RVD
Angle
Morgan
The Motor City Machine Guns
Joe/Magnus
Velvet Sky
ODB/Young
Sarita/Rosita
James Storm
Robbie E.
Crimson

I'm not saying all of it is good music or even passable, but I could recognize it.

Then we have:

Garett Bischoff
Austin Aries (X DIVISION CHAMPION)
D-Von (TV CHAMPION)
Bobby Roode (WHC)
Bully Ray
Gunner
Gail Kim (KO TITLE HOLDER)
Kazarian

It's pretty bad that I cannot pull out the theme music of FOUR of the champions of the company. This is D-Von's first singles title in a major wrestling promotion and TNA isn't playing it up. The guy can work, cut a good promo, and has fan support. He is still in good shape and him being TV champion isn't the worse thing in the world..but the fact that TNA doesn't treat things like someone being in the business for a shit ton of time and accomplishing everything as part of a tag team and then finally venturing out on his own and finding sucess as a singles competitor after all these years as a big deal is kinda disturbing much like TNA's fetishism with Twitter.

The opening video to Lockdown was REALLY good so kudos to the team for that.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Their theme songs suck. I mean they're way better than when they started but they still can't even compare to WWE's. I'm not saying TNA needs to do what WWE currently does and go out and get mainstream music groups. But why can't TNA find their own Jim Johnston? That guy writes some of the best original wrestling themes in the history of the business. The guy who does it now (Dale Oliver?) sucks.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts