Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the Bryan/Bray promo, and I absolutely loved it. For reasons that most do not see yet. I can't believe there were people shitting on it. First of all, Bray did great with his material. His charisma is crazy. Bryan was also awesome. The content of the promo was the perfect setup for what could potentially be a 3-4 month feud if done right. WWE is not aware of the psychological potential behind this feud just based off of the seeds planted tonight. They have a HUGE storyline in their hands. WWE is gonna fuck this up, we already know, But my God, the potential behind this feud could be GOAT.

Unstableness: The Miz talked about how we didn't know who the real Daniel Bryan was and how he was unstable within himself. Is he the underdog from the YES movement or is he the environmentalist? Bray is also unstable as well all have seen. He is tormented within as The Fiend doesn't want to make friends and can take over Bray's mind at any time. They both have psychological issues and they both can relate to one another.

The Fiend Remembers: The Wyatt and Daniel Bryan feud is the feud that REALLY took the YES movement to the next level. That steel cage match was the match that led to Bryan going on to triumphantly win all the gold at Wrestlemania. The Fiend didn't forget what he did to him that night. He didn't forget how he left the family. The Fiend remembers as Bray said tonight. It all comes full circle. If Bryan is eventually going back to a babyface and fully embracing the YES movement again, then he has to go through Bray again. The demon from the past who tried to suppress him before is back, and stronger this time.

Story of the Match: The Fiend is immortal and is troubled within. It will take someone who is equally insane and troubled within in Daniel Bryan, to do things to The Fiend that speaks to that unstableness. Things that could possibly put The Fiend down for the count. Play up the inner torment that both men face in the match itself. Bryan fighting with himself as to how far he is willing to go to put down Bray and The Fiend fighting to keep Bray, the human, back. Brays inner turmoil will be the way Bryan gets the upper hand.

WWE can take the unstable/psychological half of this and combine it with the history that Wyatt and Bryan have together to truly create an epic storyline. A storyline that leads to Bryan finally finding himself, completing his return to a babyface and doing more to The Fiend to keep him down than Rollins did. (WWE would have to get truly creative) The promos between Bray and Bryan would go over their history, their inner torments, the YES movement being snuffed out by Bray; the guy who the YES movement was built on, the Universal Title, and The Fiend dealing with the human. The immortality thing can also be tested by the unstable Bryan. Bryan is eventually going back to a babyface role. If he's going back to the YES movement, then what better way to do it than to have him battle against the top star? This was the caliber of feud and storyline that Bryan should have gotten when he first came back.

As far as the end goal, Bray and Bryan would both have to come out of this looking strong as Bray goes on to face Roman and Bryan goes on to his next feud. As Bryan is screwed over by some heel talent in the final match between the 2, Bray rises from the ashes from whatever Bryan did to everyone's shock and awe.

Maybe I am reading too far into it, and maybe this is all fantasy booking, but as I was watching the segment, this ALL of this potential immediately came to mind. I had to get it all out lol.

·
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Every single shred of what's exciting you needs to calm the fuck down, because they're going to fuck it up and leave you heartbroken and you KNOW this.
Oh I know, trust me. As soon as I finished typing, the high from my fantasy booking went away and reality kicked in again. It'll probably be a one off match at SSeries. A squash at that. But this thread is just to talk about the potential. Because what else are boards for right lol

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,048 Posts
How do people still get excited for anything in the WWE? There's a 101% chance the feud is absolute garbage and nothing you've said here comes to fruition. Its WWE, it will suck.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,804 Posts
You know what OP it's threads like these i signed up for in the first place, An analysis divided between what is and how it is with much thought put into it.

This storyline should be hot and has the most substance going into SS that transcends the usual Brand Warfare that bears no meaning for this match but a long term albeit an unexpected continuation of what transpired nearly 6 years ago when Bryan turned on the Wyatt Family during a Tag Steel Cage match that set the course after the cooldown Bryan received shortly after losing to The Authority initially when he was gaining a truckload of momentum, As for the current feud with The Fiend reverse psychology being Bray's eventual downfall could be a reliable way of somewhat nerfing his Indestructible presence most notably the constant Finisher kickouts and no selling, It's the careful planning of this angle I'm worried about the most, The last thing we need is just a glorified squash match at SS where Daniel becomes another Seth Rollins and calls it a day by the time the ppv is over.

Also what becomes of Daniel Bryan I regards to his slow Face turn? YES! Movement? A less pretentious Eco Environmentalist? Both? I'm interested in how this character development will turn out for him there has to be some payoff for his mental instability clashing with The Fiend's during the progress I'd hate to see him simply reform back to something he no longer needs in risk of getting stale again if last year is anything to go by.

·
Registered
80 Posts
OP you are 100% on the money. I quit watching WWE full time a few years ago. I'am just a casual on looker now. Creativity hasn no real passion anymore. I mean Charlotte & Becky are teaming now. Already... Are you serious!?

The Wyatt/Bryan feud may happen the way you've brilliantly outlined. That is something i would have been invested in yester-year. If it does go down like that, i'll eat a hat.

How many times have we all given this company a chance or pumped up they're tyres to only be let down?

·
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know what OP it's threads like these i signed up for in the first place, An analysis divided between what is and how it is with much thought put into it.

This storyline should be hot and has the most substance going into SS that transcends the usual Brand Warfare that bears no meaning for this match but a long term albeit an unexpected continuation of what transpired nearly 6 years ago when Bryan turned on the Wyatt Family during a Tag Steel Cage match that set the course after the cooldown Bryan received shortly after losing to The Authority initially when he was gaining a truckload of momentum, As for the current feud with The Fiend reverse psychology being Bray's eventual downfall could be a reliable way of somewhat nerfing his Indestructible presence most notably the constant Finisher kickouts and no selling, It's the careful planning of this angle I'm worried about the most, The last thing we need is just a glorified squash match at SS where Daniel becomes another Seth Rollins and calls it a day by the time the ppv is over.

Also what becomes of Daniel Bryan I regards to his slow Face turn? YES! Movement? A less pretentious Eco Environmentalist? Both? I'm interested in how this character development will turn out for him there has to be some payoff for his mental instability clashing with The Fiend's during the progress I'd hate to see him simply reform back to something he no longer needs in risk of getting stale again if last year is anything to go by.
I think a combination of both would be awesome. To embrace the passion of YES movement and the reality-based actions of the environmentalist at the same time. Both would make him a better performer and storyteller in the ring. Which is another layer that could really amp up this feud. I wish WWE cared more for finessed detail in their feuds. It should be an art and it should be fun to build actual storylines with depth. I don't know what's going on with this company 99% of the time. If all they care about is money, then build compelling programs, and you will MAKE MORE MONEY. I don't get it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I´ll try to be positive and say this feud is going to be absolute terrible. Being absolute terrible in WWE means a candidate for best WWE feud of the year.

·
C Mac G
5,964 Posts
It doesn't even make a lot of sense tho, first of all, after Bryan left the Wyatt Family, Wyatt got his revenge and beat him clean right away, so from that standpoint, there are already plotholes.

Second, the match makes no sense from a logic standpoint, Daniel Bryan hasn't won a singles match in 5 months, that's not a joke, you can look it up. Why are we supposed to believe he has any chance?

Third, it's WWE, and just like the entire Daniel Bryan return that has been botched, this will be botched too. It'll be a 5-10 minute match where Bryan gets a few hope spots but ultimately loses.

·
FOTC
10,464 Posts
This feud has a chance if it goes until the Royal Rumble, maybe beyond. There's ZERO reason for Bray to defeat Bryan at Survivor Series. Have it end with a major spot or a DQ finish. At TLC, have Bray win because of his theatrical superhuman powers. That way it protects Bryan. Then at the Royal Rumble have Bryan push Bray to his limit, but ultimately lose clean.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
This feud has a chance if it goes until the Royal Rumble, maybe beyond. There's ZERO reason for Bray to defeat Bryan at Survivor Series. Have it end with a major spot or a DQ finish. At TLC, have Bray win because of his theatrical superhuman powers. That way it protects Bryan. Then at the Royal Rumble have Bryan push Bray to his limit, but ultimately lose clean.
Other than the fact that Bryan is a geek who lost to Buddy Murphy and Adam Cole and Bray beat Seth Rollins and can't be put down by anything. Of course there's a reason for Bray to beat Bryan at Survivor Series. It'd be ridiculous if he didn't.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Nah.

Bryan's a jobber nowadays, so why should I even care? They're not gonna take the title off of Bray and give it to someone that loses to geeks like Ali and Adam Cole.

·
Registered
643 Posts
My only problem is that this match is happening already. Only 2 weeks of build is ridiculous. I know they will have another match, but why do they have to have the match at SS?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts