Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where were all his fan boys when he was on ECW? That's right. You didn't exist.

You want to know why? Because he fucking SUCKS. But slap some ghetto-fabulous shades on him and play some corny funk music, and EVERYONE'S a fan. Let's be clear here... any black dude with dreadlocks could pull this gimmick off.

If it weren't for AJ Styles, he would be the worst wrestler in the world. But I'm sure all that fake money he likes dropping from the ceiling buys all the fake ass fans he needs. But if WWE fired him, he MUST have real talent, right? Show of hands... who here watches amateur boxing? No one? That's what I thought. So let's not pretend his previous endeavors mean fuck all in wrestling, ok?

Let's take a look at this gem of a match...

Bounce off the ropes like Ultimate Warrior for the first half of the match... AJ dominates the second half with a series of headlocks... and Pope somehow wins with a simple school boy pin. WOW. FANTASTIC match if I must say so myself.

Maybe calling him the worst wrestler in the world is a stretch, but he definitely doesn't deserve the praise he gets. Never liked the guy since his debut in TNA.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Re: The Pope sucks and all the fans cheering him need to shut up

But..but Pope is pimpin!

I think Pope is alright, nothing special though.

·
Rated PG
3,485 Posts
Re: The Pope sucks and all the fans cheering him need to shut up

Have never been a fan since watching this match.

Sure you can blame both I guess but Punk clearly gets frustrated with his uselessness.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,977 Posts
His gimmick is a little to over the top, It just gets annoying after awhile. His ring work is forgettable.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I sort of liked him when he was the leader of the New Breed. Also he had a great match against CM Punk at Judgment Day 2007. Other than that though he is pretty bleh and has a really stupid name in TNA.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Hell stat's show African American's barely watch wrestling anymore.

So what's the reason for pushing this guy? He doesn't have the skill or the demographic. Toss him and put Nigel McGuiness in his spot right NOW.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Pope > Cerbs.

The guy's comfortable on the mic.
Solid enough in the ring.
Has a good look.
Is over with the crowd.
Has an entertaining gimmick.

Of all the things there is to criticise TNA over, criticising them for pushing The Pope is retarded at best, and hints at an agenda.

Are there some WWE marks still butthurt they badly dropped the ball with The Pope? I think there may well be, lolz.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Wow, I remember when he was in wwe, people used to over-hype him, now they hate him all of sudden.

Popes pretty damn good in the ring. he has lost his shape a bit, but the guy can wrestle and is great on the mic.
he gets good reactions from the crowd every time he enter the ring.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Hell stat's show African American's barely watch wrestling anymore.

So what's the reason for pushing this guy? He doesn't have the skill or the demographic. Toss him and put Nigel McGuiness in his spot right NOW.
Um yea who says you to have be black to like a black wrestler :confused:

Anyway its amazing how theres Pope haters all of a sudden. I swear EVERYONE was on his nuts earlier this year. Remember when threads got Pope jacked?

Anyway Pope is the total package. Hes got the mic work , the look, the gimmick, the ring ability, hes got it all. He is a main eventer just waiting to explode.

·
The Dynasty
473 Posts
Where were all his fan boys when he was on ECW? That's right. You didn't exist.
Are you serious!? He's got a character now and has time and feuds to build himself up in TNA. And it all depends on who you ask, I actually am a fan of his ECW work and have been praising him for years. Maybe not on this forum but there actually are fans of his ECW work. And my point here is that over the span of a few years, of course he has more fans. You must be high.

You want to know why? Because he fucking SUCKS. But slap some ghetto-fabulous shades on him and play some corny funk music, and EVERYONE'S a fan. Let's be clear here... any black dude with dreadlocks could pull this gimmick off.
Pope pulls off this gimmick well because he is actually pretty talented when it comes to promos. He has good charisma and I'm sorry, not "any black dude" could pull this off. Let's not bring race into this lol...
If it weren't for AJ Styles, he would be the worst wrestler in the world. But I'm sure all that fake money he likes dropping from the ceiling buys all the fake ass fans he needs. But if WWE fired him, he MUST have real talent, right? Show of hands... who here watches amateur boxing? No one? That's what I thought. So let's not pretend his previous endeavors mean fuck all in wrestling, ok?
WWE has fired multiple, extremely talented young wrestlers. And judging from all of the shoots put out in the last 5 years, it's all about politics and kissing ass in the WWE. And what does Popes amateur boxing career have to do with ANYTHING. That hasn't been brought up in god knows when. I don't hear Tenay and Taz shoving that down our throats so I have no clue on why this is a point on why the pope apparently sucks...
Let's take a look at this gem of a match...

Bounce off the ropes like Ultimate Warrior for the first half of the match... AJ dominates the second half with a series of headlocks... and Pope somehow wins with a simple school boy pin. WOW. FANTASTIC match if I must say so myself.
Did you really.... post a STANDARD wrestling match, a match where Pope defeated Styles, a match where Pope had great reactions the entire match, a match where Styles had like 5 fucking rest holds... And compare Pope to the Ultimate Warrior!? I'm beginning to think that you're kidding and are actually a big fan of Popes because you're making yourself look like an idiot.

Maybe calling him the worst wrestler in the world is a stretch, but he definitely doesn't deserve the praise he gets. Never liked the guy since his debut in TNA.

Thoughts?
Fail, fail, fail, fail, fail on your part. You don't know what you're talking about and have a hard time appreciating charismatic, good wrestlers. I am not saying Pope is god's gift to wrestling because we know that's Christopher Daniels thing, but you should be hating on different guys because there is a lot worse in TNA then the Pope. I.E. Rob Terry. Thank you and I'm done.

·
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
7,731 Posts
I don't mind Dinero. He needs to have someone help him reign him in on the mic sometimes though, he gets too cocky, as if anything he says is fantastic and makes perfect sense. He was better when he kept ripping it out of wrestlers like Flair "Dick Flair" etc... This in ring skills are alright, but not amazing.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I like Pope and all but im still waiting for a great match from him. It been a year now too.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Solid as a face. AMAZING as a heel.
I can understand some people getting turned off by his obvious rhodes/sting refernces, but saying that he sucks? Really?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Yes sir, tell me more who i should like and dislike. It's time to think for yourself and your opinion is just a fart in the internet. Why do some People on here like to think that their Opinion is like a Fact? So you should shut up.

I personally think he is a solid in Ring Guy with a good Gimmick and good Mic Skills. He is obviously over. And to the Guy who said he isn't in the demographic, are British Dudes in the Demographic? Sure TNA gets some Ratings in England but that's always about 30'000 to 75'000 watchers, that's like nothing. Pope is over and just cause you don't got that many Black Fans, doesn't mean you couldn't bring it back. When Guys like Bobo Brazil or Ernie Ladd were around, there were a lot of Black Fans, and they came even thought they had to sit in the "Black area".

Oh and btw. i liked him since his Debut on Smackdown with Sylvester Terkay, and after that in the New Breed.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts